Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG everybody! I don't think Gekki at all needed to concede here and probably saw his post as worse than the townies would, but I'll also take what I can get.
Yeah I probably didn't but it would've put me in the spotlight for the rest of the day almost certainly and I'm coming down with something+it's February vacation for me this week so I was kinda just like oh well lol

Thanks for killing me when you did scum, so that I didn't keep having bad reads after I had quite good ones D1 and helped score that first D1 scum lynch in just about forever.
And thank YOU for shooting me and avoiding misguiding the town with my terrible reads.

I'm very happy town won. Good game to everyone and thanks to @bbninjas for another great hosting!

Uh the Nick bus 100% payed and the Mega bus was necessary. :x
What did it pay you? With this bus, the first thing you lost was a free Zone mislynch in a town that really wasn't on the right direction at all.
The second thing you lost was a chance on an easy TE mislynch, since he gained a ton of towncred from that flip.
Without the bus, Violet/Jplap/Kiiruma (and other candidates like Nyora) are equally easy to mislynch.
You sacrificed a member for towncred, but that move can really only be justified if everybody is suspecting you. Instead, Mega was a consensus townread and I had suspicion on you but I don't recall it coming from everybody else. This meant you sacrificed a member for...hurting your chances at mislynching two people in the future and gaining some unneeded towncred.
Yeah I probably didn't but it would've put me in the spotlight for the rest of the day almost certainly and I'm coming down with something+it's February vacation for me this week so I was kinda just like oh well lol
Nah I don't think you ever would have been. That vote's approximately a post that comes from townies plenty of times and as shown by deadchat reactions, people didn't think it was that damning until you conceded.
Scum see their own posts as much worse than the townies reading them 100% of the time.

One thing I want to say.
It's been a long time since we had a simple Mafia game like this one, without other mini-games to gain advatages, and I think it helped a lot to the town to maintain the focus on the main game. It also helped people (like me) with little time to play the game because we didn't have to worry about being in disadvantage compared to the ones with more time to spend here.
I don't know if the other players share my opinion. If yes, it's something future hosts may take into account :)

One thing I want to say.
It's been a long time since we had a simple Mafia game like this one, without other mini-games to gain advatages, and I think it helped a lot to the town to maintain the focus on the main game. It also helped people (like me) with little time to play the game because we didn't have to worry about being in disadvantage compared to the ones with more time to spend here.
I don't know if the other players share my opinion. If yes, it's something future hosts may take into account :)
If Gekki hadn’t bussed me I’d probably agree. That didn’t pay btw Gekki, everyone is in agreement.

One thing I want to say.
I share this opinion personally! An experimental twist is fun every now and then, but I do like keeping true to standard mechanics. Clever and subtle role design can make for setups just as fun and interesting as any other mechanics-focused game.

Bussing Aqua was a high risk, high reward play; the mafia team was relatively small, which meant that every death rocked the boat in terms of numbers. Keep in mind that because the mafian's roles were relatively weak (two info-gatherers and one driver), and since Gekki's role was unreliable, the mafians needed all the information they could get -- which meant that Aqua's role wasn't expendable. It worked fine this game since the town wasn't coordinated; but the final days could have been very different because of the abundance of blocking roles still in play. The reward was obvious: Mega and Gekki sailed freely across the first few days, but towncred seldom lasts as people get paranoid or the cred is simply not noticed, and there is always the risk of a seer / getting caught in a lie such as in Mega's case.

What did it pay you? With this bus, the first thing you lost was a free Zone mislynch in a town that really wasn't on the right direction at all.
FM57 has not started yet, so I can say this with full 100+% confidence: If I don't get policy lynched D1, then either I am scum, or someone who helps me is scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back