'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Poison condition decks are gonna make a comeback. And i know a good poison condition card when i see one. in my opinion they are
Hypnotoxic Laser
Virbank City Gym
Toxicroak EX
Seviper(BUS)
Toxapex
Toxapex GX
Muk&Alolan Muk GX.(in may)

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Venemoth looks good. However, an item or ability that causes special conditions would work better for the pokemon card.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Ability and/or free retreat bypasses dust island, but not that many decks run ability switch (only ones I can think of are Sogaleo and Zeroaura), and retreat costs can be adjusted with absol.

Nyora

A Cat
Ultra beasts besides naganadel dont care about the no ub thing because marshadow gx exists, and in expanded, nit even naga because mew ex exists

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Well, now we just need a special charge reprint. Seriously, we no longer need to mourn the loss of DCE in August, as now we have TCE. Porygon - Z is cool, and the ability is busted, but I can only see it working in decks that already play rare candy *cough* *Nidoqueen* *cough*. Nidoqueen with no longer needs Mally, as you can use TCE, DCE and Psychic Energy for consistency. I can't wait. Also, I don't think I've ever clicked on a notification, as I never thought I'd see the words Triple, Colorless and Energy in the same sentence. TCE 7/10 (goes to 8 or 9 if we get a Special Charge Reprint) Porygon - Z 6/10 (Cool card, but needs candy to be useful)

Wechselbalg

brb
So...Gardevoir-GX will rotate and there is not much in the current Standard card pool that can make good use of this...the only things that come to my mind are:

a) baby Sceptile with this Porygon - bad
b) Nidoqueen - meh, Malamar is still better because you need to fill your bench with evolutions anyway
c) Aerodactyl - could be ok, but you should probably still play a thin Malamar line

EDIT:

d) there's also the new baby Tyranitar that does 230 against EX/GX for [D][C][C][C], that could be something

We'll just have to wait and see what else gets printed I guess.

Last edited:

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
This might be the clearest sign that DCE might not get reprinted and that it is slowly being phased out. If it wont come in the May set, then the August set is the last chance.

For this card, it really fixes Evolution-based decks' biggest problems in that there are too many Evolved Pokemon with high energy costs. It is no coincidence the only Stage 2 Evolution-based attacker decks that have had competitive success, Greninja and Gardevoir, have minimal one energy attachment attacks and TCE will solve some of it

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Venomoth - Snipe 90 is good, but the requirement of having an opponent a special condition could be a pain, use Koga's Trap if you feel desperate. (To know what Venomoth I am saying, check Mr. David) 3 Geodudes
  • Triple Colorless Energy - Too bad it only viable to Evolved because there are some basics that can benefit on this like Oranguru and Passimian (heh! VEs!) and too bad that it is a once-per-turn thing because we don't ways to recover special energy. Busted on Gardevoir, some decks make easy to pull like Aerodactyl. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Porygon-Z - If you run so many Special Energy, use Porygon-Z. It could reserve a slot for a manual attachment. 4 Geodudes.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
The compressed images of the full card in the thumbnails on the news page don't look good...could we got back to zoom ins on the art?