Four Scrapped Gen I Pokemon Designs Revealed for the First Time!

I remember reading on Bulbapedia a while back about all the Gen I Pokemon GF scrapped and either gave new life in a different generation, or just abandoned entirely. Always wanted to know what some of them were, this is cool.

To me the Shark looks like Kyroge (I hope I spell it right). Also if I'm looking at the right pokemon then the cactus one looks like Doduo

This may be a bit of a stretch, quite a big stretch actually, but maybe Nintendo releasing all these unused Pokémon (these 4 and gorochu last week) means we may get them in the switch? Maybe not exactly what’s pictured here but an updated version.
With rumors and leaks of Gen 1 reboot and all these reveals of older Pokémon, seems too much to be a coincidence.
That would be interesting. I mean all of the "leaks" have been sort of saying that it is NOT a remake but a reboot. Maybe the game is set in Kanto but leads into Gen 8?

If you guys ever get the chance to read the 1st pocket monster manga, the original with blockhead clefairy, there were dozens of pokemon they showed that didnt actually exist. Also stuff that were weird like persian didnt have a gem on its head it was a 3rd eye.

If you guys ever get the chance to read the 1st pocket monster manga, the original with blockhead clefairy, there were dozens of pokemon they showed that didnt actually exist. Also stuff that were weird like persian didnt have a gem on its head it was a 3rd eye.

yeah i remember those.
Does anybody have an idea of where i can find them to read online? Please :D:D

Jaggu is Mega Sharpedos design
Kakutasu is Maractus
Crocky is probably Krokorok
and i want to say the deer actually became Houndoom... i want to say ive actually seen this explained before

Jaggu is Mega Sharpedos design
Kakutasu is Maractus
Crocky is probably Krokorok
and i want to say the deer actually became Houndoom... i want to say ive actually seen this explained before
All the previous speculation about the "original" 190 Pokemon was done falsely assuming that the 39 scrapped Pokemon were inserted into GS as is. These three (along with Gorochu), as well as the confirmation from Sugimori himself that Ho-Oh was designed later basically prove that there are another 35 Pokemon that were HEAVILY reworked into later generations from Gen I alone.

And assuming that these three are anything like Pokemon that were made over a decade later is foolish. They're no more the same/reworked Pokemon than Torkoal being the same Pokemon as Blastoise.

These scrapped Pokemon need to be brought into the storyline as special legendaries called the Forgotten Ones or something like that.

That prototype Gyarados looks a lot like an earthworm/leech hybrid.

Omega reminds me of Aggron with all those armour and spikes.

Beta Scyther reminds me of Charizard if it was a Bug-type.

Beta Arcanine looks like some sort of horse dragon. I like my doggos, but a horse dragon would have been epic.

The final designs are generally the most polished, but it is interesting to look into how it all began. 2018 is the year of the betas, paying homage to the Pokémon that never made it to the final cuts of the classic era.

Gyarados looks like a fusion of the asteroid worm and the Sarlaac from Star Wars.

Scyther looks way too much like a preying mantis, which it's based on; its design we actually got is a million times better.

Arcanine truly lived up to its name; Windy. Its fur is flying all over the place.

Omega looks like a hybrid of many Pokemon. Kangaskhan, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Aggron...it looks cool, but at the same time; it's a little too weird-looking.

I can't tell for sure, but does Tangela's prototype have clawed feet?

I wanana know what the giant Eelektross thingy is called if that isnt Omega.
That's the prototype of Gyarados (the Japanese text under its name is the same as Gyarados' Japanese name). I wonder if it was still intended to evolve from Magikarp at this point?

I can't tell for sure, but does Tangela's prototype have clawed feet?

That's the prototype of Gyarados (the Japanese text under its name is the same as Gyarados' Japanese name). I wonder if it was still intended to evolve from Magikarp at this point?
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Gyarados definitley looked cooler then, but at least Eelektross is basically the same thing.

Back