News 'Eevee-GX Box' in January!

Christopher Shehan

Aspiring Trainer
Jolteon GX won a tournament on the day of its release, and Flareon might be good with Magcargos but GXs are becoming less and less relevant so the damage output might be too high.
Jolteon is probably the best one but anything that has a fighting weakness makes it tough to build around. Weakness policy helps especially with the lack of blowers in fighting decks.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I bet people will get either of these three because they're all good and saw tournament success in Japan.
  • Jolteon for power control since it hits for low energy cost.
  • Vaporeon for bulk, pairing it with Glaceon and NagaQuag for energy accel.
  • Hoping for Flareon to be good soon.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
I know i'll try to get all 3 cus im a collector since the Wizards of Coast Base Set released :)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I don’t think I’ve commented on these cards before...

Jolteon is completely underwhelming. Sure, Jet Punch is pretty cool, but why don’t you use it on Buzzwole? The second attack should probably not be used... ever. The GX attack is I guess a little bit of damage, enough to set up a 2hko, AND you avoid all attacks, so that’s good. Oh, yeah, in the bottom-left corner. Yeah, see it? Yep, there it is. Fighting weakness. I don’t like it.

Flareon is actually pretty good. Heat Stage is a good attack, hands down, if not a great one. It sets up itself in a single turn. Bright Flame is a very good attack, for relatively cheap (considering Heat Stage) and relatively low discard. The GX attack is good for a finisher, or if you just dumped a bunch in with Ultra Ball early game. The good thing about this card is that its attacks tie in together for a KO attack. I really like it.

Vaporeon is confusing. The healing ability is nice (and it stacks), but when would you use that? Any suggestions? The attack is nice, the multiplier and decent (for a Hydro Pump attack) base damage doesn’t hurt either. The GX attack, along with the ability, is confusing unless your Tool of choice is Bodybuilding Dumbbells and your opponent can’t OHKO you. Wait, that sounds like Zoroark! Nevermind, it’s good. It goes against Zoroark, can OHKO it, and heals max 120 damage off of itself with 4 Vaporeon. Even with Zoro having Choice Band, it still can only do 30 damage a turn. I like it, but only against Zoroark!

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
I'm probably answering my own question here, but are people really that opposed to playing Weakness Policy to deal with Brosquito? I get that Faba and Blower are things out there, and that most people see defensive tools as a waste...but if people are that worried about Brosquito enough to dismiss any card with a fighting weakness, it certainly couldn't hurt.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
I bet people will get either of these three because they're all good and saw tournament success in Japan.
  • Jolteon for power control since it hits for low energy cost.
  • Vaporeon for bulk, pairing it with Glaceon and NagaQuag for energy accel.
  • Hoping for Flareon to be good soon.
I think Flareon is pretty good actually. Flint grabs you 4 [R] to attach with Flareon's first attack, which helps set up like Kiawe without losing your attack. 190 damage for a mere two [R] attachments is amazing considering most cards have you detach more than that for similar numbers and you can recharge it ridiculously easy in various ways. The GX attack isn't too shabby either for a single attachment, and while you have to have 9+ energies in there to reach OHKO levels on GX's, it's easy enough to pop off that it could def be useful as a low-cost finishing blow to something nearly dead.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Flareon is going to be great, I want to test it with Alolan Ninetales to sequence flints, should at least be interesting.
Vaporeon is a better Leafeon, which in this current meta is pretty good.

Despite these cards designs being quite good, I still hope they release some full arts.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I don’t think I’ve commented on these cards before...

Jolteon is completely underwhelming. Sure, Jet Punch is pretty cool, but why don’t you use it on Buzzwole? The second attack should probably not be used... ever. The GX attack is I guess a little bit of damage, enough to set up a 2hko, AND you avoid all attacks, so that’s good. Oh, yeah, in the bottom-left corner. Yeah, see it? Yep, there it is. Fighting weakness. I don’t like it.

Flareon is actually pretty good. Heat Stage is a good attack, hands down, if not a great one. It sets up itself in a single turn. Bright Flame is a very good attack, for relatively cheap (considering Heat Stage) and relatively low discard. The GX attack is good for a finisher, or if you just dumped a bunch in with Ultra Ball early game. The good thing about this card is that its attacks tie in together for a KO attack. I really like it.

Vaporeon is confusing. The healing ability is nice (and it stacks), but when would you use that? Any suggestions? The attack is nice, the multiplier and decent (for a Hydro Pump attack) base damage doesn’t hurt either. The GX attack, along with the ability, is confusing unless your Tool of choice is Bodybuilding Dumbbells and your opponent can’t OHKO you. Wait, that sounds like Zoroark! Nevermind, it’s good. It goes against Zoroark, can OHKO it, and heals max 120 damage off of itself with 4 Vaporeon. Even with Zoro having Choice Band, it still can only do 30 damage a turn. I like it, but only against Zoroark!
I personally think Jolteon is the best of the 3 because you can energy evolution for a turn 1 *jet punch* and with electropower you can do 60+ damage. as for the attacks, the first one is a little underwhelming, but it can take 2hkos.
itś GX attack is great because you prevent all damage for the next turn giving you a turn of immunity if you're in a tough spot. in japan, this has been played with dark order zapdos and jirachi and won a tournament, so it obviously has potential. A good comparison to this card would be lycanroc in buzzroc, it doesn't have a very good attack (it pretty much has the same attack) but is used for its ability and gx attack, you don't play it for the whole game but you have a different main attacker