Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this next round, you will be playing Bottle Flip! The two players with the highest scores in the winner's bracket will advance, while the two player with the lowest scores in the loser's bracket will also continue. Submit your score via a screenshot within the next 23 hours with your name in one tab and Pokebeach open in another. If the game doesn't work for you for whatever reason, let me know and I'll give you a different one.

The following players have broken the word censor (mafia, proof, trust, explain, and choose) since we last checked in and as such have automatically lost this round: bbninjas, firekitten. This means that GM DracLord and roz_the_eevee have advanced to the final round of the winner's bracket.
Huh. How surprising. Let's make it more surprising then: I forfeit. I spent a couple of minutes on the phone. Nine is my highscore. No proof though. Still, whatever the punishment is, I hope it involves my death for once...

Life makes sense.

They made Aqua immune to help violet, they showed violet vote to "confirm them" who else voted Aqua then

...say, regarding Yesterday's vote: There is absolutely no reason for town to not vote MathBlade, right?

...say, regarding Yesterday's vote: There is absolutely no reason for town to not vote MathBlade, right?
So... The suspects are now-- oh crap. I thought scum revealed bbninjas, not you...
That means that I'm back to square one... except that Violet's locktown for me now.

Hm... Fair point. @VioletValkyrie, does your passive ability describe whether your masonbuddy is town or not? If not, then despite being able to work together, one (or rather any) of you will go back to square one. (Though from my POV only. Surely the other town has better stuff to look and think at.)
I've never heard the term masonbuddy, but I don't have clear 100% confirmation that anyone I've talked to is or isn't town just from my ability.

See my fake claim was a bastard checker, It was a way to actually win events as people would trust me if I claimed that. However I ONLY EVER TOLD VIOLET THAT IT WAS A LIE. A while back I told violet that I'm not a bastard checker and I told them to tell you. HERE'S the most interesting part is that I even told them that I would be faking a check on drac saying he has 75% to actually get a right check. Violet agreed to this as I said "this would be a good reaction test to see what they do when they know they have a 75% chance of being correct" I kept telling them to tell you Which is why repeatedly I said did violet tell you, ask violet for my role. Ect. The fact that they didn't even when I told them to mean: THEY ARE IN HOOTS WITH DRAC. Think about it. I told them to do it multiple times, yet they never did. Hence why I kept pushing drac to see what they did, as I knew it wasn't their actual role. Basically, if drac flips scum violet is also scum here.
...Huh? I explained my honest reasoning for not having told bb, and I don't ever remember you saying multiple times that I needed to tell bb, or that bb needed to ask me.

I'll admit I haven't been following the game as much as I should be right now, but I'm confused as hell from this.
If I'm being frank, I don't think anyone in this game should trust you when you say things like this, you hid behind Math telling us they were Agent X, and lied about me being the Agent, regardless of you trying to help me or not.

I think I understand what you're claiming but this is either all based off my genuine confusion and lack of paying attention, or you lying about what you've told me previously (once again) in order to get people to think I'm scum.

Violet look through the tavern chat, the fact that you aren't denying this but saying "people shouldn't (banned word) you" is evident.

Did they ever tell you Aqua was neutral? I only learned this by messaging him.
This is interesting. Violet and I started talking about the Aqua chat when it was accidentally (?) ousted here. It turns out that the chat was barely used due to Aqua's inactivity, and the only discussion they really had was about Aqua reporting me in red during Day 2 (?), trying to get a reaction out of me. Violet quoted a particular message to me from Aqua in the last 24 hours, which was this:

TeamAqua said:
Another thing to remember is that it would also give me a safe reveal for when the time comes assuming I'm the only extra faction which is highly likely given the history of these games. So I win either way with this. The one drawback is firekitten just reported me. That's three reports burned through and I have a chance of death. Wooo! Makes me wonder if I reveal now"
Notice the bold. Aqua claimed to be independently aligned to Violet. Now, Violet didn't notice this at first -- which makes sense because Violet is a) a first time player of this game and b) the way this post is written and the context of it (that he reported me) are both immensely difficult to follow. She only noticed this indirect claim when I asked for more context to the post.

So, in short, yes -- Violet told me that Aqua was neutral in the last 24 hours without realising that Aqua claimed neutral herself. @firekitten, Why did you think that Violet knew Aqua's alignment?

I just chatted to aqua, I figured that Aqua would have told violet as why the heck wouldn't they.
He hasn't sent a single message to the tavern chat, been more or less inactive during the game, and I just recently said that we haven't been talking at all...

I just chatted to aqua, I figured that Aqua would have told violet as why the heck wouldn't they.
Because as far as Aqua (and we) are concerned, Violet is town and would lynch anyone who claims independent. You are independent and don't have any particular motive for lynching another claimed independent. Your assumption that Aqua would tell Violet doesn't make sense.

I want to focus on this for the moment. The other person who voted for Aqua is very likely scum, because no one has claimed voting for Aqua and because town would absolutely vote for Math being confo-scum. Let's take a look at the count:

@MathBlade (6): VioletValkyrie, firekitten, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK (2): MathBlade, Anonymous
Firekitten (1): Anonymous​

Luis is town and vocally wanted Math's lynch, so we can immediately assume that they voted for Math. We can also assume that Aqua voted for firekitten because that's what he said he would do in-thread (remember, he was v/la and not following the thread at all).

@MathBlade (6): VioletValkyrie, firekitten, Luispipe8, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK (2): MathBlade, Anonymous
Firekitten (1): TeamAqua4Life

Our suspect list then becomes bbninjas, GM Draclord, Roz and Zone. Let's take a look at the strongest points for everyone's innocence:

bbninjas --> Chose to have MathBlade's actions revealed in the gameupdate, which revealed that he killed Jplap and directly caused his lynch. Alternative theory: I bussed Math for innocred, but this doesn't make sense because I spent the previous day arguing (with solid arguments imo) that Agent X was acting townie. Why would I setup Math to be inno and then try to get him lynched?
Roz --> Was deadset on lynching anyone that claimed to be Agent X, including Math when he claimed. Alternative theory: Roz orchestrated this entire ordeal, encouraged Math to claim being Agent X and then later intended to oust Math as a liar, aiming to receive plenty of innocred in the process. Beside this being an unbelievably complicated plan, it would be too unpredictable / risky / disruptable, if firekitten decided to go rogue.
Zone --> Has been too scummy to be scum. Dramatic overreaction to having the "Easter Egg" stolen from him, basically trying to get himself lynched, being unhelpful, flipflopping everywhere, etc etc etc. Alternative theory: Zone is using reverse psychology to appear townie and use that facade to cause as much confusion as possible.
GM Draclord --> A victim of a bastard mechanic that revealed Drac to be mafian (when he apparently is not). Alternative theory: GM Drac has claimed to have a fully useless, fully bastardised role as to deflect suspicion.

Zone and GM Drac are the best candidates imo because their "reasons for being innocent" are fairly WIFOMy, as the alternative theories can just as easily be true. Those theories aren't convoluted or weird, they make sense. The best way to narrow this list down further is by:

a) investigating how Megapod and Math interacted with the various players, especially during voting and the very first activity (##BETRAY).
b) looking into how everyone responded to the haiku situation, assuming that the haikus were just a "fake line" from Math.
b) determining how everyone has used their role. Who's actions are confirmable?

Violet I sent a message to him and he told me he was neutral. Anyway this may be a big misunderstanding and I may have done this a bit too early.

However in any case I don't see drac ever flipping town here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back