SM7 'Celestial Storm' Revealed!

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Set is pretty bad sadly. Only 5-6 cards that are actually decent in my opinion and that will actually see play.
i completely agree, the general pack is a disappointment.
the good cards are copycat, steven's decision, mr. mime gx is iffy since it has no weaknesses, which would greatly make his ability more useful, electrode gx is useful(along with counter gain, counter energy, counter switch) in expanded, if you can immediately use wally. i see hustle belt in a niche deck with nightmarch expanded with frozen city.
acro-bike is a staple in decks that require of thinning out your deck, magcarco is useful for many decks, genuinely surprised about sky pillar, an upgraded version of mountain ring, but you wont use it over mr.mime, bronzong, machoke or another stadium. almost all the supporters aside from stevens decision and copycat, are subpar versions of currently existing supporters that have superior effects.
once again lunala is not usable, whats up with making lunala so unusable.

EpicCoolGuy923

Aspiring Trainer
I was already in love with the new Celesteela, but I'm also liking the new metal type cards which got added to the set.

I would have liked it a lot more if Blaziken-GX had been cut instead of baby Blaziken but whatever. Not happy about the inclusion of trash trainers like Hiker and Masked Royal, but I'm glad to see that only one Mr. Mime-GX made it into the set.
Why cut Blaziken-GX? Its a Hoen based set and enough Hoen Pokemon got cut already.

TheVanillaCookie

Tynamo 4 Life
i completely agree, the general pack is a disappointment.
the good cards are copycat, steven's decision, mr. mime gx is iffy since it has no weaknesses, which would greatly make his ability more useful, electrode gx is useful(along with counter gain, counter energy, counter switch) in expanded, if you can immediately use wally. i see hustle belt in a niche deck with nightmarch expanded with frozen city.
acro-bike is a staple in decks that require of thinning out your deck, magcarco is useful for many decks, genuinely surprised about sky pillar, an upgraded version of mountain ring, but you wont use it over mr.mime, bronzong, machoke or another stadium. almost all the supporters aside from stevens decision and copycat, are subpar versions of currently existing supporters that have superior effects.
once again lunala is not usable, whats up with making lunala so unusable.
Don't forget Rayquaza GX, Shiftry GX, and Stakataka GX

Sage87

Aspiring Trainer
Finally! Cant wait for a meta change. Tired of the buzz and zoroark dominance... Cant wait for them dragons!

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure why some feel this set is weak, imo. this set is a lot better than the last few sets where I thought there were only a couple good cards in the entire expansion. (I'm looking at you Forbidden Light, with your mysterious treasure/ beast ring, malamar, and greninja being the only cards I was interested in at all from there). Celestial on the other hand has a plethora of cards that can be played in a variety of ways which could be fun like the Raticate having an Algorithm like GX that costs zero energy has potential in set up stage 2 decks in a post Bridgette world. I see a lot of potential in this set and moving into a new rotation I'm glad we have a lot of cards that look to be fun to be build decks around.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I need Spinarak, Gulpin, Swalot, Luvdisc, Shelgon and Whismur70hp

I love crochet and clay cards. I do wish you see all of Swalot though.

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
Also most of the supporters are trash, same with some of the GX's. That sucks beckause I will get really hyped on a white code then get Pollosand GX or Bills Mainteninc

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I say, that some of these cards will fair really well in the prereleases at my local stores this weekend. Outside, maybe. I have plans to make a Vikavolt/Rayquaza GX deck after this. And i think the GRI Salazzle may pair very well with Ariados. Burned and Poisoned ability plus the 20dmg "50 more damage for each special condition on your opponent's active pokemon". Sceptile EX's second attack. But for (C) instead of (G)(C). Grass and water are gonna make a comeback, baby!

mattfofatt01

Aspiring Trainer
Blaziken-gx and rayquaza-gx, are not released yet, so no way it can be rotated...

..But did you mean "banned"?

In case that's your claim, I believe you should check your argument for truth, and back it up w/ evidence to prove such truth. I doubt you have proof, because explosive kick is not on prior blaziken releases, not to mention that the last card blaziken got, one that already existed before this new one emerged, rotated out w/ primal clash as of september 2017, not to mention that the last playable card rayquaza got before the existence of the only card it got in main expansions(not counting SLG and promo cards) in the form of a guardians rising card that it got, came within the PRC-AOR block of the xy era... So I believe there's no way either could be rotated this soon... But that does not mean either one can't be banned: Are they trying to draft a ban story behind-the-press? If they find either card unfair and broken to the rest of the format, unless the reasoning does not make sense enough to make players quit en masse in protest, then I'll have to believe... But if your statement is false, and they're not considering banning blaziken-gx nor Rayquaza-gx, then I'm afraid your claim is false, and Blaziken-gx and rayquaza-gx are both all-clear to use once its set is released next month... Even better, after SM8, when Magcargo-GX is expected to be released, fire energy can then be spammed more easily!

I was speaking in regards to the special fire energy that returns to the pokemon if it is discarded, which will be rotated...

Smatter

Mudslapper
Any guesses as to what the 4 pre-release featured cards will be? I am going to a pre-release tournament on Saturday