SM7 'Celestial Storm' Revealed!

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
:0 set ain't super amazing play-ability wise, but man is the art in this set amazing. Is it just me, or do other people agree? I'm really loving this sets art.

Also, something really random and small: I love how Oricorio's attack is called Alluring Salsa xD

Also wow Palossand's GX attack can do a lot of damage. 13? That seems like a lot.

Alolan Rattata's attack: Call The Boss. Love it.

Rayquaza GX is scary. I'm playing it next format.

Exploud's attack is called 'Death Live' o_O

That's...a lot of trainers. While the new Hau art is cool, I would have been fine without it as well.
Cool that Masked Royal and Hiker are both in the set.
Copycat. Yay!
I actually like that SSU art a lot.

and then the full arts. I love every single one of them. Honestly one of the best sets for FA's in my opinion. Especially Mr. Mime and Blaziken. I'm also gonna spend way too much money on FA Copycat.

Welp, that's my thoughts. This post probably looks extremely confusing and jumbled. I read through the thread and just wrote down my thoughts as I went:p

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Victreebell might also make an interesting addition in a Sylveon control deck? Maybe not worth the deck space it would take to set up.

EpicCoolGuy923

Aspiring Trainer
Set is pretty bad sadly. Only 5-6 cards that are actually decent in my opinion and that will actually see play.
I happen to disagree simply because Hoen is AMAZING and in my opinion the best of all seven generations. I love retro art and will gladly add them to my collection. Plenty of cards will most likely see play in obscure decks. Not to mention some Pokèmon will most likely be playable in a few sets. 11/10 set.

EpicCoolGuy923

Aspiring Trainer
Overall thoughts:
1. LOVE the set's retro art style!
2. 10/10 selection for GX's
3. Would have been nice to get Altaria GX and Salamance GX but oh well! Guess ill wait for Dragon's Majesty.
4. Mr Mime ODD GX Box in the near future?
5. Copy Cat Full Art is the next $$$ supporter card?
6. Enjoy the inclusion of various Japanese Promos (Pallosand and Alolan Raticate GX HYPE!!)
7. Glad Dunsparce is still in the set so I can get a few playsets from my Booster Case :p
Overall Rating: 11/10
Hoen Rules!
Time to retire my wallet until the next Hoen set comes around in a few years! (Was Primal Clash really already 3 years ago?!?)

paintbrushpanda

Delibird Enthusiast
Question:

Has there ever been an English set where we knew 99% of what was going to be in the set, then then they add a card (like Palossand Gx and Masked Royal) that’s actually competitively good (NOT Palossand GX and Masked Royal)?

I don't believe so. Usually the cards that get thrown in randomly at a later date are promos, and many of the promos in the past have been pretty mediocre.

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
i think there is so much experimenting to do with the cards in this set. like there's a lot of cards that look like they could be good in the right deck but that would be hard to make.

the worlds format is going to be very interesting.

GlakeGG

Aspiring Trainer
They announced a new set coming in september, that's just one month

Dragons Majesty. That's more of a sub-set and the booster packs will be exclusive to tins/battle boxes, I believe. Our next full set should be out in November.

EpicCoolGuy923

Aspiring Trainer
:0 set ain't super amazing play-ability wise, but man is the art in this set amazing. Is it just me, or do other people agree? I'm really loving this sets art.

Also, something really random and small: I love how Oricorio's attack is called Alluring Salsa xD

Also wow Palossand's GX attack can do a lot of damage. 13? That seems like a lot.

Alolan Rattata's attack: Call The Boss. Love it.

Rayquaza GX is scary. I'm playing it next format.

Exploud's attack is called 'Death Live' o_O

That's...a lot of trainers. While the new Hau art is cool, I would have been fine without it as well.
Cool that Masked Royal and Hiker are both in the set.
Copycat. Yay!
I actually like that SSU art a lot.

and then the full arts. I love every single one of them. Honestly one of the best sets for FA's in my opinion. Especially Mr. Mime and Blaziken. I'm also gonna spend way too much money on FA Copycat.

Welp, that's my thoughts. This post probably looks extremely confusing and jumbled. I read through the thread and just wrote down my thoughts as I went:p
Im with ya!

007manyo

TCG Judge & Player
Crisis Potion? Last Chance Potion? at this rate, why don't we just call it what it really is - Dunsparce Sauce...

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Apricorn Maker is absolutely the best Full Art Trainer in the set because of Sunkern.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
man masked royal is gonna make fire decks pretty damn good thanks to flint. i'll miss volcanion but at least we're getting cool stuff to help.

Max Maxwell

Aspiring Trainer
I'm Amanzing and disappointed that there isn't Blaziken Champions Road with the good ability. I wanted it! :mad:

blueduckgolduck

Ace Trainer
Advanced Member
Apricorn maker seems like an inaccurate name. The apricorn grows on a tree you don't make it. Shouldn't it be called Pokemon maker.