• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Goomy/Kartana

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Goomy/Kartana

Pokémon: 12
4 Goomy
4 Kartana GX
2 Dhelmise
2 Tapgoo Lele GX

Trainers: 36
4 Cynthia
3 Skyla
2 Guzma
3 N

4 Crushing Hammer
4 Mysterious Treasure
3 Beast Ring
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Choice Band
2 Escape Board
2 Float Stone

3 Ultra Space

Energy: 12
6 Basic [M] Energy
4 DCE
1 Unit Energy LPM
1 Beast Energy <>

The strategy here is to use Kartana’s Gale Blade to inflict a maximum of 140 (70+Choice Band +Beast Energy+Dhelmise) damage to an opponent’s Pokémon, and then shuffle in and send up a Goomy to strain Energy.

Last edited:

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
1 Float Stone? How do you get Goomy out of the Active spot? Why not just cycle Kartana? If I were you, I'd find a way to put 4 Nest Balls in.

A lot of edits (I mean quite a few) can be made to have the deck run more consistently.

First of all, 4 Hala is overkill. You have to use Kartana's GX at a right time, not just as quickly as possible. I would run more Professor Sycamore, because you want to be able to find your required Energy and Kartana GX itself every turn.

You don't run any N. N is should be a minimum of 2 here. Literally no reason why you should not run it.

Gladion isn't needed. You run multiple counts of things, so it's practically useless. (So is Misty's Determination, with the inclusion of more Professor Sycamore.)

I'd also get rid of Mysterious Treasure. Much rather play Nest Ball over them.

There's still a few more things I'd change, but for now, consider these changes.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
1 Float Stone? How do you get Goomy out of the Active spot? Why not just cycle Kartana? If I were you, I'd find a way to put 4 Nest Balls in.
Ecscape Board.
Nest ball fails to activate Kartana's ability; I tried it, but preferred the Ultra/Treasure.
Why not cycle Kartana? Ha. And they say there's no stupid questions.
Because it's Goomy.

A lot of edits (I mean quite a few) can be made to have the deck run more consistently.

First of all, 4 Hala is overkill. You have to use Kartana's GX at a right time, not just as quickly as possible. I would run more Professor Sycamore, because you want to be able to find your required Energy and Kartana GX itself every turn.

You don't run any N. N is should be a minimum of 2 here. Literally no reason why you should not run it.

Gladion isn't needed. You run multiple counts of things, so it's practically useless. (So is Misty's Determination, with the inclusion of more Professor Sycamore.)

I'd also get rid of Mysterious Treasure. Much rather play Nest Ball over them.

There's still a few more things I'd change, but for now, consider these changes.

This response keeps deleting itself, so I won't bother with the formalities and just present my changes,

-2 Hala
-1 Gladion

+1 Sycamore
+2 Natural Harmonia Gropius (N)

These changes were made to accommodate the recommendations recommended by @FlavorfulPineApl.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Hey @Lord Goomy!

I'm interested in your deck idea and I think I have a few ideas that will hopefully improve it. Here they are:

Ultra Space (FBL): I've noticed that some of the above comments have been about using Nest Ball to search out most of your Pokémon (excluding Kartana GX of course). Though you have Mysterious Treasure to help out with Goomys and Solgaleo Prism Star, Ultra Space (FBL) allows you to consistently retrieve your Kartana GX from your deck. This also adds the bonus effect of always having a way to bump opposing Stadiums whether they are beneficial to your opponent or harmful to you.

Fighting Fury Belt (BKP): My biggest fear if I were playing this deck would be if my opponent had a way to constantly OHKO my Kartana GX's. While the energy denial effect of the deck nullifies most of that, Fighting Fury Belt (or you could use Metal Frying Pan (FBL), your choice) adds another layer of disruption your opponent has to find a way to get out of (making it even harder for them to take K.O.s). In the rare case, you could also attach it to Goomy to increase its HP cap if necessary.

Oranguru (ULP): This will help against any opposing stall decks you'd come across and gives you a way to recycle Energy disruption such as Crushing Hammer and Plumeria. It isn't needed of course, but having an out to recycle resources is always something this deck could benefit from.

Oranguru (SUM): Moving on to the other Oranguru, this one is definitely something the deck can benefit from as I believe it would be hard for this deck to maintain the lead throughout the entire game with your main attacker constantly being shuffled back into the deck. While N can benefit you, N can also really cripple you if you aren't prepared and draw into a clunky hand.

Beast Ring (FBL): Personally, I prefer this over Max Elixir for just one reason: Max Elixir isn't guaranteed, and when you play only three of them and only 7 Metal Energy, you will most likely miss most of them. Beast Ring is a guaranteed option, the one downside of it is that you can only play it when your opponent has 3 or 4 prize cards left. The great news is that you as the disruption deck can actually control how many prize cards your opponent takes. What this means is that you can intentionally allow your opponent to K.O. a GX/EX (Tapu Lele Gx for example) and then remove all of their energy on the field afterwards. Once you do, you can just play Beast Rings as you draw into them and constantly N your opponent down to a 3 or 4 card hand for even further disruption.

Alright, with some of what I've mentioned in mind, here is a revised list (including some stuff I didn't mention):

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Goomy FLI 91
* 4 Kartana-GX CIN 70
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 N FCO 105
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Plumeria BUS 120
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Ultra Space FLI 115

##Energy - 11

* 6 Metal Energy GEN 82
* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

If you have any questions or thoughts on the list, feel free to let me know!

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12

Hey @Lord Goomy!

I'm interested in your deck idea and I think I have a few ideas that will hopefully improve it. Here they are:

Ultra Space (FBL): I've noticed that some of the above comments have been about using Nest Ball to search out most of your Pokémon (excluding Kartana GX of course). Though you have Mysterious Treasure to help out with Goomys and Solgaleo Prism Star, Ultra Space (FBL) allows you to consistently retrieve your Kartana GX from your deck. This also adds the bonus effect of always having a way to bump opposing Stadiums whether they are beneficial to your opponent or harmful to you.

Fighting Fury Belt (BKP): My biggest fear if I were playing this deck would be if my opponent had a way to constantly OHKO my Kartana GX's. While the energy denial effect of the deck nullifies most of that, Fighting Fury Belt (or you could use Metal Frying Pan (FBL), your choice) adds another layer of disruption your opponent has to find a way to get out of (making it even harder for them to take K.O.s). In the rare case, you could also attach it to Goomy to increase its HP cap if necessary.

Oranguru (ULP): This will help against any opposing stall decks you'd come across and gives you a way to recycle Energy disruption such as Crushing Hammer and Plumeria. It isn't needed of course, but having an out to recycle resources is always something this deck could benefit from.

Oranguru (SUM): Moving on to the other Oranguru, this one is definitely something the deck can benefit from as I believe it would be hard for this deck to maintain the lead throughout the entire game with your main attacker constantly being shuffled back into the deck. While N can benefit you, N can also really cripple you if you aren't prepared and draw into a clunky hand.

Beast Ring (FBL): Personally, I prefer this over Max Elixir for just one reason: Max Elixir isn't guaranteed, and when you play only three of them and only 7 Metal Energy, you will most likely miss most of them. Beast Ring is a guaranteed option, the one downside of it is that you can only play it when your opponent has 3 or 4 prize cards left. The great news is that you as the disruption deck can actually control how many prize cards your opponent takes. What this means is that you can intentionally allow your opponent to K.O. a GX/EX (Tapu Lele Gx for example) and then remove all of their energy on the field afterwards. Once you do, you can just play Beast Rings as you draw into them and constantly N your opponent down to a 3 or 4 card hand for even further disruption.

Alright, with some of what I've mentioned in mind, here is a revised list (including some stuff I didn't mention):

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Goomy FLI 91
* 4 Kartana-GX CIN 70
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 N FCO 105
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Plumeria BUS 120
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Ultra Space FLI 115

##Energy - 11

* 6 Metal Energy GEN 82
* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12
I completely forgot about Beast Ring. Good of course.

I don't think you need Fighting Fury belt though, since you're just going to shuffle Kartana back into the deck anyway. You could say it give Goomy more HP, but with Energy Denial, I think you'd be fine.

Ultra Space is cool.

FrostBiter12

I completely forgot about Beast Ring. Good of course.

I don't think you need Fighting Fury belt though, since you're just going to shuffle Kartana back into the deck anyway. You could say it give Goomy more HP, but with Energy Denial, I think you'd be fine.

Ultra Space is cool.

Hey @FlavorfulPineApl!

The Fighting Fury Belt isn't necessary I suppose, but it allows you to take two turns attaching to Kartana GX if necessary (and you can recycle them along with Kartana GX). I like it, but Choice Band isn't bad either (since it allows Kartana GX to consistently take two-hit-K.O.s). It is really just a matter of personal preference.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Hey @Lord Goomy!

Sir, this is the answer I’ve been looking for. A consistent way to search Pokémon. The added effects help a bunch too. Thank you!

Sir, Choice Band I’m afraid is too good to pass up. If I do, it means taking 3HKOs instead of 2HKOs.

I do like the idea, and welcome its effects, but I have to keep my Goomy in the Active spot. Using that attack gives my opponent leeway.

True, true, and I do really welcome the draw support idea. Better than Octillery. I’ll do it.

You’re probably right, but this is very situational. Elixirs can help throughout the game, but Beast Ring can only help during certain parts, meaning that when that time comes for its power to activate, you may be in the worst position possible.
(For the record, however, I’m broke and probably cannot afford Elixirs, so I’ll make the switch.)

I don’t like accepting lists from strangers, because it seems so un-original. I will take your ideas into consideration, however.

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!

FrostBiter12

Sir, this is the answer I’ve been looking for. A consistent way to search Pokémon. The added effects help a bunch too. Thank you!

Sir, Choice Band I’m afraid is too good to pass up. If I do, it means taking 3HKOs instead of 2HKOs.

I do like the idea, and welcome its effects, but I have to keep my Goomy in the Active spot. Using that attack gives my opponent leeway.

True, true, and I do really welcome the draw support idea. Better than Octillery. I’ll do it.

You’re probably right, but this is very situational. Elixirs can help throughout the game, but Beast Ring can only help during certain parts, meaning that when that time comes for its power to activate, you may be in the worst position possible.
(For the record, however, I’m broke and probably cannot afford Elixirs, so I’ll make the switch.)

I don’t like accepting lists from strangers, because it seems so un-original. I will take your ideas into consideration, however.

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12

Hey @Lord Goomy!

Sorry that I put out my own list, I probably should've asked first. It was a little hasty on my part, so once again, sorry about that (if you want me to delete it, just let me know and I'd be happy to)! Anyways, I hope my suggestions help, I'll let you know if I have any other ideas (and you don't have to call me sir, I'm only fourteen ;)).

Thanks!
~FrostBiter12

Hey @Lord Goomy!

Sorry that I put out my own list, I probably should've asked first. It was a little hasty on my part, so once again, sorry about that (if you want me to delete it, just let me know and I'd be happy to)! Anyways, I hope my suggestions help, I'll let you know if I have any other ideas (and you don't have to call me sir, I'm only fourteen ;)).

Thanks!
~FrostBiter12
I on the other hand, would like to be called sir. :p

Has the list been updated?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I on the other hand, would like to be called sir. :p

Has the list been updated?
No sir.
I’ll do that now.

-3 Max Elixir
-2 Mysterious Treasure
-1 Misty’s Determination

+3 Beast Ring
+3 Ultra Space

These changes were made to accommodate the changes suggested by @FrostBiter12.

By the way, the list you suggested:
You can post a list, but I won’t copy it exactly.
I will use it for reference, however.

What's the verdict on swapping 2 Hala for 2 Guzma?

Last edited by a moderator:

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
If you did swap out Hala for Guzma you would only have five draw Supporters and that would be really low and I'm not sure swapping out their Pokemon would be as important. I think I'm starting to piece this deck together a bit more and started to debate if Skyla would be any help or not. She would let you recover your Choice Bands when they shuffle back in and let you get Beast Rings for ramp turns.

Maybe that Dhelmise that anthems metal damage? It would push Kartana into one hitting Lele with a Band on with just one of them out.

This is a wacky deck and I like it.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
If you did swap out Hala for Guzma you would only have five draw Supporters and that would be really low and I'm not sure swapping out their Pokemon would be as important. I think I'm starting to piece this deck together a bit more and started to debate if Skyla would be any help or not. She would let you recover your Choice Bands when they shuffle back in and let you get Beast Rings for ramp turns.

Maybe that Dhelmise that anthems metal damage? It would push Kartana into one hitting Lele with a Band on with just one of them out.

Dhelmise won't help here. Lele GX has no weakness.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?

Dhelmise won't help here. Lele GX has no weakness.

That, @Starsoulklr, is a good idea. I can't see why @PlatinumDude would say no; elaboration would be helpful.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Well with all four it would with Choice and Beast it would one-shot Lele GX. You do have bench space for Pokemon since you don't need to flood out Pokemon. I thought while reading the thread Kartana's attack had a base of 130 but that would have been a bit much. That's the damage with Choice Band and Beast Energy. One or two could help with when you can't get the Beast Energy out being locked into a single copy making some damage consistent. Lele or Kartana would be the most likely target for Guzma/Lycanroc for KOs. It might get dragged out since it has a retreat cost of two though you do have a copy of Float for Sogaleo Prism.

If your Goomys are getting Bench sniped you might want the Bench Barrier Mr. Mime. They are squishy in more ways then one.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Well with all four it would with Choice and Beast it would one-shot Lele GX. You do have bench space for Pokemon since you don't need to flood out Pokemon. I thought while reading the thread Kartana's attack had a base of 130 but that would have been a bit much. That's the damage with Choice Band and Beast Energy. One or two could help with when you can't get the Beast Energy out being locked into a single copy making some damage consistent. Lele or Kartana would be the most likely target for Guzma/Lycanroc for KOs. It might get dragged out since it has a retreat cost of two though you do have a copy of Float for Sogaleo Prism.

If your Goomys are getting Bench sniped you might want the Bench Barrier Mr. Mime. They are squishy in more ways then one.

I really don't want to/can't commit to 4 Dhelmise. I'm sorry, sir, but that just ain't going to happen.

About the Bench Sniping:
I know why I left out Ultra Space in the original list:
I was going to save a spot for the card Sky Pillar (coming out next set) which blocks Bench damage. Now I'm really torn between two Stadiums.

To future posters: consider the following question:
Sky Pillar or Ultra Space? If Sky Pillar, what are we going to do for more Pokémon search support?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer

@Lord Goomy I said Dhelmise wouldn't help because a single copy of it won't help Kartana's damage numbers given that Gale Blade only inflicts 70 damage. That and a Choice Band or Beast energy only 2HKOs most relevant GXs and Lele has no weakness.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
The list has been updated to house a small change: we play 1 less Escape Board (formerly 3) in favor of another Beast Ring (also formerly 3).