'Dragon Majesty,' Special Set Releasing in America This Fall!

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
My inner collector has quite the weakness for these mini sets (and somehow managing to complete Shining Legends only encourages me) and this one starts releasing on my birthday. A sign it would seem.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I like the idea but why do they have to be significantly more expensive? In Australia 4-booster + figure/promo box that would normally be $38 (which has creeped up from as low as $25-28 over the past 5 years) ends up being $50 if it's got these special boosters in them. None of the promo boxes are of any value unless they're on sale and it's a pain to collectors.

Earl Africa

I love Pokémon, and that will never fade away!
I'm excited for this set to come out. I was wrong when I said that this was only a Japanese exclusive set. :D

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
E3 is about a month away I expect we should get a reveal for the pokemon switch game during the Nintendo Direct for that, then the treehouse live during E3 will likely have a short demo.

then later in the year we should get a pokemon themed Nintendo direct showing more features of the game and maybe announce a downloadable demo release date.

as for the tcg news yeah pretty much as expected but good to know most of the cards won't be shuffled around that much.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
There are good cards in Dragon Majesty that we expect of;
  1. Dragonite-GX
  2. Kingdra-GX
  3. Charizard
  4. Lance ☆
  5. Victini ☆
  6. Altaria
  7. Flint
  8. Switching Raft
Good thing, TPCi

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
I doubt Pokemon Switch will come sooner than 2019
I think we will see a pokemon 2018 release they will want a heavy hitter out for this winter. Prob not next generation of games but some kind of Pokemon colleseum type mini adventure (linked with them Kanto 1000 years in future of whatever that it rumors) or even, whisper it, dp remake!!!

I kind of wish this was a part of our SM7 instead of Champion Roads...
I totally agree I mean champion Road is another tribute set with all them reprints it's amazing - why not have that get some special treatment instead of lumping in together with another couple of sets!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I totally agree I mean champion Road is another tribute set with all them reprints it's amazing - why not have that get some special treatment instead of lumping in together with another couple of sets!!
I agree too. While "Dragon Storm" also has good marketing potential, because it's about Dragon Pokémon, "Champion Road" would never have the same potential as a Base Set reprint, but still it would gain much more interest as a seperate set.
I also doubt it will be a subset in our SM7, as it's a bit too big, so this mixture will feel weird.
As a collector, if all Champion Road cards are in SM7, you can still but them separately in folders in your collection to make it look good.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
"As an aside, the TCG still hasn’t given us any clues about when the Pokemon Switch game will release. However, as I explained in this news story, we know from the Legendary Pokemon video game distributions this year that Japan’s next TCG set will probably feature Unova." - PokeBeach

I feel SM8 would more likely be a Johto inspired set given that Lugia and Ho-oh are distributed on the month of the release of the English SM8 set, like the 3 previous sets before it.

Now that we know of Dragon Majesty, I think Reshiram/Zekrom's month will be focusing on that. I can just picture seeing Reshiram/Zekrom Dragon Majesty promo box(es) containing promos of Reshiram GX (omitted from the main set) and Zekrom GX (we have heard of it's existence as a Japan promo).

Also I'd like to add that a Johto inspired set for November would likely include Lugia GX. This set will also likely combine with SM7a so that would bring Lugia and Zeroara together in a set (making the assumption here that there is no Lugia in SM7a), and as the mascots no doubt. Based on the timeline of previous movie releases, Movie 21 should release internationally around the same time as this set. So it all pieces nicely.

Last edited:

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
It's official...I cannot keep up with the pace of collecting FA Supporters. I think it is time to make my entire focus on playing PTCGO. Sad...

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I like the idea but why do they have to be significantly more expensive? In Australia 4-booster + figure/promo box that would normally be $38 (which has creeped up from as low as $25-28 over the past 5 years) ends up being $50 if it's got these special boosters in them. None of the promo boxes are of any value unless they're on sale and it's a pain to collectors.
I got great pulls when i got my first Shining Legends Elite Trainer Box. A Hyper Raichu, Zoroark GX, and Shining Jirachi. When the set first came out. Those paid for most of the box. My point is, that sometimes Trainer Boxes from Special Sets, such as GEN/SHL have a higher pull rate than the pin collections. Plus you get a cool exclusive promo out of getting the mini-set Trainer Boxes.