PokeBeach's May 2018 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGplayer.com!

David Banks

Aspiring Trainer
Are you a PokeBeach premium member? No.

What is your PTCGO screen name (the name you battle with, not the name you log in with)? Pokedezztz

What time zone do you live in? (If you don’t know what time zone you live in, use a World Clock to find out.)
Did you play in April’s tournament? Central Time.

If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18? (We want to see you around the community!) Yes.

lildeku

Aspiring Trainer
Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yes
What is your PTCGO screen name (the name you battle with, not the name you log in with)? Lildeku
What time zone do you live in? (If you don’t know what time zone you live in, use a World Clock to find out.) Pacific
Did you play in April’s tournament? No
If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18? Yes I can

Dfwallace2

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yes
What is your PTCGO screen name (the name you battle with, not the name you log in with)? Wjwallace
What time zone do you live in? (If you don’t know what time zone you live in, use a World Clock to find out.) EDT ... UTC -4
Did you play in April’s tournament? Yes
If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18? (We want to see you around the community!) Yes

Mario W

Aspiring Trainer
Are you a PokeBeach premium member?
No
What is your PTCGO screen name (the name you battle with, not the name you log in with)?
Supermario702
What time zone do you live in? (If you don’t know what time zone you live in, use a World Clock to find out.)
Pacific (GMT -8)
Did you play in April’s tournament?
No
If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18? (We want to see you around the community!)
Absolutely!

stauferb

Aspiring Trainer
No

What is your PTCGO screen name?
BruceBryan

What time zone do you live in?
GMT -07:00

No

If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18?
Yes

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
For anybody thinking about their decks - it appears Garbodor is bugged on ptcgo and can't be played in decks currently. If it stays that way it might force people to have to play potentially a different deck.

TheVong

BikaBika
No

What is your PTCGO screen name (the name you battle with, not the name you log in with)?
TheVong

CEST, Norway Oslo

Yes

If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18? (We want to see you around the community!)
Yes!

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
For anybody thinking about their decks - it appears Garbodor is bugged on ptcgo and can't be played in decks currently. If it stays that way it might force people to have to play potentially a different deck.

It looks like that is just for trashalanche garbodor and for tournaments (it gives the "cards from the newest set are not legal message" -- on the ptcgo reddit, someone indicated this was due to the new alternative art promo. So it should be fine for this tournament.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Yes

ozzie347

EST, GMT -5

No

Yup

ghamantorr

Aspiring Trainer
no

ghamantorr

GMT -3

No

yes

b0ssdesu

Aspiring Trainer
Are you a PokeBeach premium member? No
What is your PTCGO screen name (the name you battle with, not the name you log in with)? b0ssdesu (that’s a zero)
What time zone do you live in? (If you don’t know what time zone you live in, use a World Clock to find out.) PDT
Did you play in April’s tournament? No
If allowed to play, do you promise to make at least three non-tournament forum posts before 12 AM PDT 5/24/18? (We want to see you around the community!) Sure

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Final list. Everyone from April's overflow signed up this month, which is great!

It's funny. Literally every month since I started running these tournaments, we've gotten new people to sign up. If everyone stuck around and played in more than just one tournament, these would have been 128-man tourneys a long time ago.

Premium competitors:

@Nirvandalo
@Arneboy11
@TheCraftyScot
@Robert Fuchs
@Eduardo Arana
@dmode15
@Gengar master
@JGB146
@Vaskemaskinen
@Doby
@Nwabumblebee
@SquirtleRules
@JumpluffTCG
@Pengwin
@Holden Sheeks
@shadyyeezy
@F4H_Jay
@astro_gnat
@Kent Freeze
@danimal01
@Serperior
@John Creagh
@Julio Penaloza
@doubleb036
@Primal Latios
@Anselm Sim
@Jacob Marshall
@blueduckgolduck
@Capablanca
@JL_muserwolves
@stevexue
@woahaustin
@MoFoTY86
@Kakarot720
@lildeku
@Dfwallace2
@ozzie347

April overflow competitors:

@DeadlyBee111
@Zehuun
@AwwVince
@EyeoftheEntei

Competitors:

@Fou-Link
@Calcab
@Futuristicice828
@uncleyuri
@WillyCharizard
@Redcubone02
@Miniminto
@nikeslash
@KentGardner
@CESit
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@Jake_Silberman
@PixDixFix
@ElvianElvy
@The Squirtle Squad
@Zorozoro
@Matux
@Sethy79
@Alexander Forcione
@NightOfYuyuko
@austincredible76
@semurphy444
@KrakenCove
@theprp30
@gumball51321
@Mr. Mirek
@koala
@Vengefulprince
@Jonathan Salazar
@Purplecliffe
@ShinyZard
@George
@lukas2aces
@vaporeonH20
@Collin
@CrossBeau
@Thehustla703
@Christopher Shehan
@Braiden1235
@garnetto
@roblo1801
@Luxinity
@pine_ddog
@Sharkrai
@JigglyDad
@Raul194
@goca
@sniperunit23
@Sabaku
@Tyler Beta
@Kyree Steele
@Andrew Penvose
@Lewcurio
@MHALL1207
@PokemonLover17

Overflow:

@DeepSleepDarkrai
@Liebad
@boyishgoodlooks
@David Banks
@Mario W
@stauferb
@TheVong
@ghamantorr
@b0ssdesu

Naughty people and why they are naughty:

@GamePhoenix - still banned my dude
@sw_bionic - posts

Stay tuned for the start of the round.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
So, as the regulars around here have probably figured out by now, I'm stepping down as PokeBeach TO. I'm doing this voluntarily; the staff and I are still on good terms (for once). While I could probably work two jobs and run the tournaments, I think it's better both for the players and my stress level that someone else takes hold of the tournaments. I think I've done a good enough job over the past fifteen months taking these tournaments and smoothing out the edges, making them run like clockwork, so I feel like my replacement shouldn't have much trouble adapting.

I still don't know who my replacement is - Sam only told me late last night that he had someone lined up. Hopefully I'll know sometime today and then I can get started on training them. Whoever it is, I hope you will all show them the same respect and enthusiasm for these tournaments that you have shown me.

Thanks for the ride, PokeBeach. It's been fun.

May 2018 PTCGO Tournament Pairings

Round 1 ends Saturday, May 5, at 11:59 PM PDT.

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
So, as the regulars around here have probably figured out by now, I'm stepping down as PokeBeach TO. I'm doing this voluntarily; the staff and I are still on good terms (for once). While I could probably work two jobs and run the tournaments, I think it's better both for the players and my stress level that someone else takes hold of the tournaments. I think I've done a good enough job over the past fifteen months taking these tournaments and smoothing out the edges, making them run like clockwork, so I feel like my replacement shouldn't have much trouble adapting.

I still don't know who my replacement is - Sam only told me late last night that he had someone lined up. Hopefully I'll know sometime today and then I can get started on training them. Whoever it is, I hope you will all show them the same respect and enthusiasm for these tournaments that you have shown me.

thanks for your great work @PMJ ur the real MVP

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Thanks for hosting all these tourneys! You have been great!

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
@PMJ Thanks for the work. I'm sure it's not easy corralling 96 trainers into a smooth tournament online. I've certainly appreciated the chances to play and compete online. Best of luck to you.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer

Thanks for all the work! I've had nothing but great experiences in these tournaments you've run.