Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have?

First of all that number can no longer apply since i changed my mind about him it is now 50%
And last but not least what made me change my mind about him which might be a temporary change is his former pressuring of Lord Goomy which i am very suspicious of at this point.
So, it went down to 50%, but you don't have any reasons why he was scum?
Also, from what I understand, because he stopped pressuring Goomy, he's now more suspicious to you at this point?

Where did you get this number from? Why 60%?

What made you change your mind about Sam?
Don't dodge the questions I asked earlier, and actually answer both of them as well this time, too.

What are your thoughts on everything that's happened so far?

They are coming. There is a lot to read here and not really what I am used to.

The current tally best I can tell. It is likely incorrect somewhere so don't take it as gospel;

3 Luispipe8Blakers
Jadethepokemontrainer, quakingpunch73, simsands

2 GekkisaiDaiNi
Luispipe8Blakers, TOTAL_EPICNESS,

1 Acetrainer_samwise
Megapod_781

1 TOTAL_EPICNESS
GekkisaiDaiNi,

1 simsands
mirdo

2 Lord Goomy
Professor_jplap, Dusk Form Lycanroc,

1 rainyman123
GM Draclord, Tyler Beta

2 Tyler Beta
rainyman123, pikachuuuu101

1 Dusk Form Lycanroc
The Last Shaymin

1 AnimePsyclone
scattered mind

1 pikachuuuu101
Lord Goomy

Some things I took note of as I tallied.

Gekki's hyperactivity. QuakingPunch's reasonable response.
Lycanroc's focus on the non-present scatteredmind. Why him over anyone else who'd not yet posted?
Tyler Beta's poor reasoned vote.
Lycanroc's frequent jumping.
Mirdo also reasoned opinion.
PMJ's intentional lurkey post.
Tyler's quick retreat under pressure.
Samwise' 'poor me' post with only two votes to him.

In general Jade, AnimePsyclone, QuakingPunch, Mirdo, TotalEpicness coming off as townish.
Gekki, Tyler, Lycanroc, PMJ coming off as scummish.

I think for me most odd of that bunch is PMJ checking in and checking out. ##VOTE: PMJ

The vocal and fluffy might hide scum in their ranks, but are more likely to just be eager players raring for a game. Scum will be more cautious I think.

I should quote the post actually, so no-one has to go dig for it.

Call me when rvs is over.

I get the sentiment, but it feels like a cop-out excuse to lurk when you could just as easily challenge the randos to be more concise with their thoughts. Also some pressure to get you here and posting because that's always a good thing.

I should quote the post actually, so no-one has to go dig for it.

I get the sentiment, but it feels like a cop-out excuse to lurk when you could just as easily challenge the randos to be more concise with their thoughts. Also some pressure to get you here and posting because that's always a good thing.
That's how PMJ normally plays: by abstaining from RVS. It's crummy, but it's how he plays, regardless of alignment. Other players can back me up on his playstyle.

That's how PMJ normally plays: by abstaining from RVS. It's crummy, but it's how he plays, regardless of alignment. Other players can back me up on his playstyle.
Yeah, that's how I've seen PMJ. Granted, I think I've only played one game with him (if I even have played a game with him?). Not seeing anything off about how Gekki is playing either.

Fair enough. I will leave my vote there all the same, for now. As much as this is part of the local metagame I think I have to try play the way I am used to too, which means putting pressure on non-contributors to get involved. Also thanks for metagame updates on vets, keep em coming.

Day 1 is a crapshoot of course, keeping yourself free of any implication when we do get to some info is awfully handy for maf and not very useful for town. Imagine if we all did that.

The current tally best I can tell. It is likely incorrect somewhere so don't take it as gospel;

3 Luispipe8Blakers

2 GekkisaiDaiNi

1 Acetrainer_samwise
Megapod_781

1 TOTAL_EPICNESS
GekkisaiDaiNi,

1 simsands
mirdo

2 Lord Goomy

1 rainyman123
GM Draclord, Tyler Beta

2 Tyler Beta

1 Dusk Form Lycanroc
The Last Shaymin

1 AnimePsyclone
scattered mind

1 pikachuuuu101
Lord Goomy

Lycanroc's focus on the non-present scatteredmind. Why him over anyone else who'd not yet posted?

In general Jade, AnimePsyclone, QuakingPunch, Mirdo, TotalEpicness coming off as townish.

I think for me most odd of that bunch is PMJ checking in and checking out. ##VOTE: PMJ

The vocal and fluffy might hide scum in their ranks, but are more likely to just be eager players raring for a game. Scum will be more cautious I think.
I'm always hyperactive, ask any of the veterans or read past games if you must.

Goomy has no idea what's going on...
What did I miss?

3 Luispipe8Blakers

2 GekkisaiDaiNi

1 Acetrainer_samwise
Megapod_781

1 TOTAL_EPICNESS
GekkisaiDaiNi,

1 simsands
mirdo

2 Lord Goomy

1 rainyman123
GM Draclord, Tyler Beta

2 Tyler Beta

1 Dusk Form Lycanroc
The Last Shaymin

1 AnimePsyclone
scattered mind

1 pikachuuuu101
Lord Goomy

What about me? Everyone else thinks I’m scum, so what’s your opinion on me?

For me, you fall into the middle category that most of the cast are in - too early to have any strong opinion on. You're about as eager as I've seen you around the forum in general. Caught a few votes but nothing serious, reaction was maybe a bit overboard but if you are new that's pretty natural. Jury is out.

@Dusk Form Lycanroc ,

Many of your posts have come off as threatening... Why?

For example,

I am assuming that this is an Rvs vote, but i'm going to be watching you tls

I believe this is what is called OMGUS ##Unvote: Lord Goomy ##VOTE: Tyler Beta I'm letting you off the hook for no @Lord Goomy but don't worry i'll get back to you on this

I don't have a case on you yet except for OMGUS in this post below, but i'm going to be watching you for now: ##Unvote Tyler Beta

Ins't this quite OMGUS? Please explain your reason for this vote, you just put yourself on my investigation list

Phrases like, "I'll be watching you" or "You put yourself on my investigation list"and "I'm letting you off the hook"

Care to explain?

Yeah I hate rvs and refuse to participate in it.

I'm going to be scarce for most of the game day, actually. I've got articles to edit that need to take priority; the end of the month is also kinda hectic for me as I have both this month's and next month's tournaments to handle.

As Yog said, day 1 is largely a crapshoot. Someone is going down and I will support any wagon that isn't mine as long as the reasoning behind it isn't 100% hokey. (I'll settle for 40% hokey.) ;)

I will also vote to string up anyone who thinks no lynch d1 is a good idea (not sure if that's allowed in this setup though).

Newcomers feel like new town, mostly. Nothing stands out tooooo much yet but I don't like how Samwise folded immediately with a little pressure. That's something new scum does when they feel "oh damn I got caught out right away, the jig is up"

You should never include rvs votes in your cases @scattered mind.

I was more feeling it out trying to figure out how the game works and right now a vote holds almost no weight they're being thrown around...

A vote always has weight. Voting shows you are serious about your accusation. A vote is the town's main weapon. Don't be afraid to vote.

@Acetrainer_Samwise Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Don't do this. If we're not in rvs anymore, then the time for troll and meme posting is over.

Can you actually post something relevant and/or helpful?

You have literally zero standing to say something like this >:O

Saving this just in case it's ever relevant (doubtful, but still). Why "your" advisor? You could easily say "our" inplying both you and him are town. It's potentially a situation where you're both aligned together and trying to tip the town off; or that you know for certain that both advisors are different.
This is a null read, saying your and our is functionally the same thing, but saying our is more incorrect, assuming scattered mind is town.

Anime Psyclone is playing too cautiously.

@Lord Goomy and @Acetrainer_Samwise are my top sucmreads (Not supplying reasons unless asked)

Don't ever do this. Even if you are scum, if you want anyone at all to get on board with your cases you're gonna have to spell out your reasoning every time. You can assume that people are going to ask for your cases every single time, so get used to putting your reasons in your accusatory post (like scattered mind did with what's-his-name).

Yeah, mostly for being hyperactive and I've flipped town every time.

Flipping town in all your past games doesn't mean anything, you know that. Mentioning it is misleading, especially with all the new people.

What are you talking about silence is the only way people win :V

:|

See now that's plenty enough post content for me to back off. ##UNVOTE: PMJ. In my innocence to this meta I assumed RVS would last the entirety of Day 1 and not just until people settled down some.

Agreed on pushing a NoLynch any time early is a godawful idea. And wasting time arguing the pros or cons is equally fruitless.

Also fair warning I am based in Ireland, so I won't be round too much for the next 20 hours or so. But a four-day weekend after that and I'll be pretty damn present then.

I would most like to hear from the people not yet posted, or at least low-vis. People I don't remember seeing are @triplemo , @TheSceptileMaster , @DashKing , @mordacazir , & @GM DracLord . Let's have some opinions pls. Completely inactive will be modkilled eventually, but hardly here is even worse. Get talkative so we have some kind of trail later on.

This kind of question rubs me the wrong way. It’s hard to make reads right now with what little time we’ve had, so asking something like this can kind of read as “You’re reading me as Town, right? I just want to make sure you’re reading me as Town.”

Also, I’ve been busy with school and a track meet all day, anyone care to catch me up on anything important?

This kind of question rubs me the wrong way. It’s hard to make reads right now with what little time we’ve had, so asking something like this can kind of read as “You’re reading me as Town, right? I just want to make sure you’re reading me as Town.”

Also, I’ve been busy with school and a track meet all day, anyone care to catch me up on anything important?
Yeah, everything’s gonna be used against me.

No, nothing important. Too many leads to too many different places to actually point a decent finger.

Well I've got a lot of questions to answer so i will answer them in the order they where posted:
So, it went down to 50%, but you don't have any reasons why he was scum?
Also, from what I understand, because he stopped pressuring Goomy, he's now more suspicious to you at this point?

Don't dodge the questions I asked earlier, and actually answer both of them as well this time, too.
My reasons of suspicion on Acetrainer_Samwise:
When does RVS end? Does someone eventually slip up or are we given like a clue? This has been quite confusing...
Its like he's wanting it to end because he's worried that a random RVS vote will be taken seriously and he might get lynched and be a big loss to the scum.
Scattered mind, why bother testing someone that is clearly not scum, mind you I am new ( and have never played before) I was simply trying to justify my reason for voting because I felt bad about voting for him.

I was more feeling it out trying to figure out how the game works and right now a vote holds almost no weight they're being thrown around... And why make all of these accusations without casting a vote against me.
You suddenly pop up once you have some evidence making almost no posts prior to this one...Why ?
Yet you are on the thread quietly watching... sounds like a lurker

Y'all can lynch me....

Man i'm not even a bad guy and i'm already dead.
atE making him (to me) seem a little scummy.
Ok i misworded that post i was say that i was very suspicious of Lord Goomy at that point,
And that number was just an estimate its definitely lower than that, and as i said before my reason for changing my mind about him was his pressuring Lord Goomy which i hadn't taken note of at the time he did that.
@Dusk Form Lycanroc ,

Many of your posts have come off as threatening... Why?

For example,

Phrases like, "I'll be watching you" or "You put yourself on my investigation list"and "I'm letting you off the hook"

Care to explain?
i can explain this easily:pressure, And i was making sure that those that i was building a case against (Like Lord Goomy) that i wasn't forgetting about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back