Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Everything about this card is good, but lazy recycled design. I would complain but it's fitting for Quagsire i guess.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
As an energy-moving deck player, this is like a slap in the face. It would be good if it could move energy anywhere. But no, only from the bench to the active. The biggest strength of energy moving is being able to spread your energy out among your pokemon in a way that minimizes any Guzma plays your opponent can make. This removes that option. I think this is honestly a pretty bad card, even though it looks kinda cool. I mean, Aromatisse was only ever like tier 2-3 at best, and that was with being able to move energy anywhere.
Nah you're right. Aromatisse was tier 1 for a while though. M Kanga, early M Garde, Aromatisse Klingklang, Aromatisse Plasma. These were all really strong decks in their time. Mega Kangaskhan was amazing until Furious Fists. Gardy was tier 2 because of the Bronzong matchup, Aromatisse Klingklang was huge during 2014 states, and Aromatisse Plasma won worlds in juniors in 2014.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
I HATE that lazy-art.

The best Quagsire has the worst artwork. Ironic...

They literally just pasted the default Quagsire art onto a random background lol.

Everything about this card is good, but lazy recycled design. I would complain but it's fitting for Quagsire i guess.
So much hate for the art! The first thing I thought when I looked at this card was, “Wow that background is awesome!”

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
that victini seems... underwhelming, sureif you have 10 energy in your discard, and 2 equipped it's pretty strong... but how did you even get into that situation in the first place?

Volcanion.

Victini does the same as Riptide Feraligatr from Neo genesis, only it does 20X instead of gatr's 10+ attack
what made gatr good was its ability to discard energy from the hand. Victini doesn't have that option.
Gatr had 110 hp. (which was respectable in the wizards of the coast days). Victini only has 90 hp. at least in expanded you can get it with level ball

3 steam ups, and victini is hitting for at least 150 without a band... Seems pretty good to me, lol. If you had an additional 4 energy in the discard already, that's 230... Or an additional 3 already with a Band, that's 240....

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
Reshiram GX looks like it'll get some play. As for victini, seems kind of weird, though I think that will be treated the same.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Reshiram/Ho-oh/Kiawe is gonna be a deck. A darn good one too.

T1: Kiawe to Reshiram (SUPER easy and cosistent with the release of Mysterious Treasure. Essentially 8 Ultra Balls to get the T1 Lele for Kiawe)
T2: Flint and GX to attach 5 energy on board to Ho-Oh and 1 to Victini. Take 2 prizes
T3: If Reshiram gets knocked out, KO with Ho-Oh. (Take 2 more prizes)
T4: 8 energy in discard. Playing Volcanion, do one steam up and that's 210 damage from Victini for your last two prize cards by T4....

Sweet Jamima....

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Nah you're right. Aromatisse was tier 1 for a while though. M Kanga, early M Garde, Aromatisse Klingklang, Aromatisse Plasma. These were all really strong decks in their time. Mega Kangaskhan was amazing until Furious Fists. Gardy was tier 2 because of the Bronzong matchup, Aromatisse Klingklang was huge during 2014 states, and Aromatisse Plasma won worlds in juniors in 2014.
Well yeah, but they were never quite top tier in my opinion. They were all good, but never really anything dominant. M Kangaskhan was a thing, but not for very long, and didn't even win anything very big (though got 3rd at worlds, being the only non-Genesect/Virizion deck in the top 4). The Gardy variant was something that was strong, but took a little bit too long to set up to be top tier.

Also, worlds 2014 Junior division was won by straight plasma, not Aromatisse plasma. He did tech in two Latias EX for the Pyroar matchup, but no Aromatisse.

Nytttt

Volcanion Trainer
Oh my goodness!!! The Reshiram-GX! I could make an Expanded deck with Flareon-EX with it! the GX attack seems quite practical to power up a Flareon, that's 150, and 180 with a choice band, and there are probably some other things that could boost attack most likely (I'll have to remember :D)
Best way to run Flareon now is quad flareon kiawe

Wechselbalg

brb
I really don't get the point of the energy moving gimmick unless you're playing it with something that scales damage according to the number of energy cards attached. I guess it's good for people who want to feel like special snowflakes while playing on PTCGO.

As for this Quagsire itself, it might see play in Standard if the water type Palkia becomes viable.

Last edited:

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Thank you Pokemon.
For months I have yearned for a Lunala-GX that wasn't weak to Zoroark.
Thank you.
I forgive you for murdering Gardevoir now.
Thank you.
Thank you.