'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Gosh. I can't zoom in the image. The Exeggutor TD is so hilarious it covers small portion of the window card. DuskLyc is a perfect budget card for Competitive players wants to tech DuskLyc in BuzzRoc.

That means A-Exeggutor and DuskLyc will be guaranteed Non-holo rare in the set

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Great, more Fighting type theme decks...

Alolan Exeggutor theme deck is interesting, it should contain multiple energy types in it.

Cool, I guessed the booster pack artworks correctly. Although it was a pretty easy guess.

Last edited:

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Surprised about the alolan exeggutor theme deck. Doesnt seem like an obvious contender to a theme deck to me but maybe thats just me

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
The theme decks were completely unexpected. I was hoping for a deck for kalos pokemon, like aegislash, sylveon, noivern, etc.... well, too bad I guess. I still do like the selection, though. I'm grabbing that lycanroc deck, without a doubt. If only there was a coin for lycanroc midnight form now...

also, it seems executor seems a bit too tall. I guess that's one way to give him the spotlight.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
these don't look like they will be anywhere near as useful as the garchomp and empoleon ones for preparing new players for the pace and thinking expected in competitive play. Which is a shame.

Icrux

Aspiring Trainer
The Greninja Artwork looks really cool! I wish it's the one used in the card though...but oh well! A Greninja card is a Greninja card!

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Here’s something interesting: Altaria’s ability in Pokémon Duel is also Fight Song, and it also boosts Dragon Type attacks. Am I the only one who still plays Pokémon Duel? :p

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
Here’s something interesting: Altaria’s ability in Pokémon Duel is also Fight Song, and it also boosts Dragon Type attacks. Am I the only one who still plays Pokémon Duel? :p

I actually was just playing Duel before checking up on here. Lol. I just pulled an Altaria and its Mega from those 10 case sets, so I thought it was funny you mentioned it. Hehe.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I have the feeling that the Exeggutor deck is going to be a flop given that Tropical Shake needs multiple different energies to use effectively. Of course, it might depend on whether the deck has methods to get the energy straight into the discard. Theme decks aren't known for having more than 2 different energy types in them; the exceptions I can think of are both of the theme decks from the Skyridge set.

And now I'll predict what pack art will be used for Forbidden Light in PTCGO: either Naganadel or Ultra Necrozma. The latter may be unlikely, considering that one of Necrozma's formes was already used for Ultra Prism (Dusk Mane). Greninja is very unlikely, considering that Breakpoint already used Greninja Break.

I remember having the HGSS Steelix theme deck which had 3 different energy types (Metal, Fighting, Grass). Admittedly the Steelix was the only Metal Pokemon in the deck so it only ran 3 metal

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I have the feeling that the Exeggutor deck is going to be a flop given that Tropical Shake needs multiple different energies to use effectively. Of course, it might depend on whether the deck has methods to get the energy straight into the discard.

He would work well in a Zoroark deck with Lurantis. Zoroalr can discard the energies and Lurantis ensures that Alolan Exeggutor is able to achieve ohkos. Could work similar to Zoroakr Golisopod but with a decent non-GX attacker. Have not figured out a list for it but the card seems to have potential taking Lurantis and Choice Band into consideration.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
He would work well in a Zoroark deck with Lurantis. Zoroalr can discard the energies and Lurantis ensures that Alolan Exeggutor is able to achieve ohkos. Could work similar to Zoroakr Golisopod but with a decent non-GX attacker. Have not figured out a list for it but the card seems to have potential taking Lurantis and Choice Band into consideration.
I'm not talking about how good Exeggutor would perform by itself in standard. I'm talking about how it wold perform in a theme deck-exclusive format and how good the deck would be for beginners.