'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Zero Umbreon Mysterious Presence...
    Zero Umbreon

Here’s something interesting: Altaria’s ability in Pokémon Duel is also Fight Song, and it also boosts Dragon Type attacks. Am I the only one who still plays Pokémon Duel? :p

2. Kawaki Aspiring Trainer
    Kawaki

I actually was just playing Duel before checking up on here. Lol. I just pulled an Altaria and its Mega from those 10 case sets, so I thought it was funny you mentioned it. Hehe.

3. Rocket The Shellos Aspiring Trainer
    Rocket The Shellos

I remember having the HGSS Steelix theme deck which had 3 different energy types (Metal, Fighting, Grass). Admittedly the Steelix was the only Metal Pokemon in the deck so it only ran 3 metal

4. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

He would work well in a Zoroark deck with Lurantis. Zoroalr can discard the energies and Lurantis ensures that Alolan Exeggutor is able to achieve ohkos. Could work similar to Zoroakr Golisopod but with a decent non-GX attacker. Have not figured out a list for it but the card seems to have potential taking Lurantis and Choice Band into consideration.

5. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

Gosh. I can't still expand the images. I just want to appreciate the artworks

6. Wechselbalg

I also want that Exeggutor to work lol - using promo Lurantis is a good idea to boost the low damage cap.

7. PlatinumDude Aspiring Trainer
    PlatinumDude

I'm not talking about how good Exeggutor would perform by itself in standard. I'm talking about how it wold perform in a theme deck-exclusive format and how good the deck would be for beginners.

8. TincanRiolu Can’t afford Leles :l
    TincanRiolu

I kinda wish that Tropical Shake could utilize more discarded energy.... Alolan Exeggutor needs more competitive attention

9. TincanRiolu Can’t afford Leles :l
    TincanRiolu

Maybe it could be a one-prize in togue Alolan Exeggutor GX decks... doubt it though since they don't really go together...

10. Wechselbalg

This Exeggutor has no synergy whatsoever with the GX one, if anything it has to be its own deck+techs...but it's still questionable if it's going to work at all - maybe if Zygarde-GX becomes popular.

11. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

160 hp is quite bulky for a stage 1, i'm thinking of making a lol (an) deck with slush rush sandslash acting as a 1-prize card drawer (poor man's zoroark) while exeggutor does zoroark damage.

good? lol no i seriously doubt it, but it will be fun.

12. pokeraider123456 Aspiring Trainer
    pokeraider123456

odd that naganadel doesnt have fighting resistance.

13. pokeraider123456 Aspiring Trainer
    pokeraider123456

its almost like 1-prize golispod attacker. definitely have to use choice band or dumbells . in expanded you can muscle band and use battle compressor.

14. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Why would it have a Fighting resistance? Neither Poison- nor Dragon-types have Fighting resistances in the TCG :p

15. KazamEsper Aspiring Trainer
    KazamEsper

Well, depending on how the deck is themed, there can be more than 2 types of energy. However, structure decks are basically, skeleton decks. Most of the time people have to provide the staple cards that they are lacking. So, Exeggutor may flop or not. Until the product is distributed, the contents will remain unknown. IMO

16. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

the fact it stops at 5 hurts it so much, at least with 6 you get into lele ko territory with only a CB.

17. Kapu Riki Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
    Kapu Riki

I'm happy about the Lycanroc theme deck... but one day we will get my Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini theme decks -.-

18. Kakarot720 Aspiring Trainer
    Kakarot720

19. SquirtleRules Aspiring Trainer
    SquirtleRules

Advanced Member Member

There are a lot of cards here with combination potential, and worth testing. For example, Malamar adds a lot of value to Lunala GX and Mewtwo GX (separately and together).

Greninja GX is also interesting, and if testing can figure out how to optimize those evolutions (Zoarark and D-sprays are the obvious choice, but I don't think its that easy), with repeats, than this has mileage since his ability to disappear (when damaged, and he has 230 HP so it's not easy to IHKO) is subtly defensive. Cyrus works incredibly well in this deck to focus the Ninja damage.

20. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?