'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Don't you only need two discarded because of weakness anyway?
Which weakness? Buzzwole isn't weak to dragon, and both Ray and Ultra Necrozma are dragon type, unless my eyes have deceived me. The only thing you really hit for weakness is old dragons. That doesn't do much, other than make the Ray/Eels mirror match a ton of fun to play.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Which weakness? Buzzwole isn't weak to dragon, and both Ray and Ultra Necrozma are dragon type, unless my eyes have deceived me. The only thing you really hit for weakness is old dragons. That doesn't do much, other than make the Ray/Eels mirror match a ton of fun to play.
Ohhh for some reason I thought Ultra Necrozma was [P] type

NotBob1218

Aspiring Trainer
possible new decks coming out of this set:
Greeninja GX/ Zoroark
Necrozma GX/Malamar
Zygarde GX
Noivern GX/Gabodor (new Noibat)
Ultra Necrozma/Malamar (seems inconsistent with the 2 types of energy)
It worked for rayeel, but people have whiffed attacks with that before... I still think it's gonna be good.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
why all the sudden love for Gogoat?
We got a holo Gogoat in crimson an now ANOTHER one in forbidden light? what is going on?

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
why all the sudden love for Gogoat?
We got a holo Gogoat in crimson an now ANOTHER one in forbidden light? what is going on?

If you're going to pick on a Pokemon getting too much love it should be Exeggcute.

Picking on Gogoat is so random...Diggersby was also in Crimson Invasion too.

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
If you're going to pick on a Pokemon getting too much love it should be Exeggcute.

Picking on Gogoat is so random...Diggersby was also in Crimson Invasion too.

I mean, besides agreeing on Diggersby being as oftenly as Gogoat on SM expansions, exeggcute kind of makes sense... Since it has an alolan evolution.

Eevee, on the other hand, wasn't as necessary. Although I blame that more on Ultra Prism having two different variants for no really useful reason. At least for the foreseeable future, none is better to use than the one with ability. They could've just printed one, and leave the second for FoLi exclusively.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
If they are going to give us an Eeveelution they have to provide an Eevee since pre-releases and sealed tournaments are a thing

Lord_Darkrai

Aspiring Trainer
So does anyone else notice the foreshadowing of upcoming better psychic support? Feel that it's been needed lately.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
There's no 'foreshadowing' of upcoming better psychic support, it's in this set. Malamar is basically the best kind of support you can ask for, ability based energy recovery on a stage 1 is almost always extremely good. Mystery Treasure is good now, great later. It increases the probability of a t1 Brigette while also providing more outs to your purple type evolution cards at a lower cost than ultras.

One thing I'm going to mess around with for sure is a Malamar/Dragalge/Victini deck. I used to love messing with Mega Mawile and this seems like a less janky way to play that. Shame they had to put it so comfortably in Zoroark/Golisopod OHKO range.