SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
TPCi is trying to ensure that Gardy is pounded into a pulp. Although I fail to see how you would use this in an Empoleon deck without the use of something like Rainbow or Counter Energy.

Advancer

The old tree that still blooms.
Is it actually going to have the same art in both sets? I prefer the how they had different art for the alternative type Araquanid and Shiinotic in SM+ GX Battle Boost.

kusa

Aspiring Trainer
so we got fighting type garchomp instead of the dragon type with the same moveset too? that would be so nice :3

Last edited:

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
The picture wouldn't load, so I was wondering what the Art would be, "What if it was the exact same?" I thought.

Oh.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
TPCi is trying to ensure that Gardy is pounded into a pulp. Although I fail to see how you would use this in an Empoleon deck without the use of something like Rainbow or Counter Energy.
I really like the alternate type of empoleon...your right on both points regarding Gardevoir but more importantly how to fit both water and metal types in together with a consistant energy option. Rainbow energy works but I am seeing more and more enhanced hammers being played in decks.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I think the Water version is still superior, having access to the new Crasher Wake Supporter and Aqua Patch. Plus, a weakness to Lightning is way better than Fire in our current format.

If you're running the Steel variant, it might be neat to run one copy of the Water-type along with Counter Energy just in case you run into a Fire deck.

J

Juliacoolo

I wonder if this will start to become a trend with upcoming sets. By perpetually throwing the kitchen sink at the incumbent BDIF, additional sets become must-buys for competitive players. This constant 'one-upping' drives short-run sales and increases turnover ratio. Interesting business implications here.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Kinda Weird seeing an Empoleon weak to fire;). Still going to use the water type one so I can use Wake and Aqua patch for excellaration.