Glaceon-GX from SM5!

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
I'm hoping there won't be any more rainbow rares lol but yes want to see the FA, not really digging the art on this and leafeon looks early 00s cgi!! Compared to some of the other arts being pushed out someone needs to give 5ban a break for a set or two.

I personally like the rainbow rares ( probably because I’m a collector and a player).

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Reminds me of Darkrai EX DEX, but with some ability lock! Sounds fun, but with all the Metal support coming around... yeesh.

JBlade3

Dark Pokemon Master
Freezing stare counters and shuts down:
-Gardevoir
-Zoroark
-Tapu Lele
-Shaymin
-Volcanion
-Lycanroc

Wow, this thing will be quite good in september's format. Mabye even now.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
We just got both gen 4 eeveeelutions ,and glaceon GX combats dakria and volcanion and greninja and regular alolan ninetails and decidueye and tapu lele and tapu koko and zurkitry and vikivolt and probably most important gardivior so this thing is a beast i will definitely be plaing this as my standard with something else.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
ahhhhhhg!!!!!! when are we going to get the Kanto originals!?!?!?!?!?! I do get that this set was already Sinnoh-heavy, but the first three Eevee evolutions need to happen at some point... (oh, and Pokémon International if you are reading this, can you make the Flareon GX good please?)

Honestly Eeveelutions really can't be too good. Energy evolution would make them broken if they were too powerful.

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
We just got both gen 4 eeveeelutions ,and glaceon GX combats dakria and volcanion and greninja and regular alolan ninetails and decidueye and tapu lele and tapu koko and zurkitry and vikivolt and probably most important gardivior so this thing is a beast i will definitely be plaing this as my standard with something else.

How does Glaceon combat Greninja, regular alolan ninetales, tapu koko and vikavolt? The effect of Glaceon prevents the abilities of EX and GX Pokemon, none of the ones I listed are EX or GX

doubleb036

Jolteon GX Hopeful
Advanced Member
So much for my thought that Glaceon wasn't going to be good after seeing Leafeon lol bring on Jolteon GX!!! :) (and Flareon and Vaporeon too I guess lol)

J

Juliacoolo

I wonder if we'll get a card that glues together an "Eeveebox" deck. Maybe a tool that lets you swap basic energy card types, or a trainer that lets you swap different Eeveelution GXs. It would be interesting as a weakness-play deck.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
This seems like an ok card. Being an active pokemon in order to use the ability kind of reduces it playability. I'd be fine with this if it cancels all of your pokemon's abilities while being as the active pokemon.

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Card is little bit to busted, with energy evolution eevee you can shut down your opponent from playing lele if you don't have any other supporter in your hand to keep your game going that's gg lol i can see myself conceding a lot of games against this card.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
certainly reminds me of glaceon lv.X, of which i made a niche deck a millenia ago. shame it doesn't block all opponent abilities because there's plenty of pokemon with strong non-GXEX abilities.

this vs volcanion though, is hilariously overkill

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
ahhhhhhg!!!!!! when are we going to get the Kanto originals!?!?!?!?!?! I do get that this set was already Sinnoh-heavy, but the first three Eevee evolutions need to happen at some point... (oh, and Pokémon International if you are reading this, can you make the Flareon GX good please?)
We NEED a good FLAREON GX

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
yo...

1. Ability Lock on all GXs/EXs. That means no Metagross, Garde, so many things.
2. Umbreon GX's/Darkrai EX's attack. Slowly sniping bench WHILE ability locking
3. Since it's an eeveelution, SM Eevee allows it to evolve turn 1.
4. Locking GX/EX abilities includes Shaymin in expanded and Lele. If you set it up turn 1, that means no turn 1 Brigette.

GGWP

SoulDevourerDZ

Aspiring Trainer
I don't care what anybody says, Glaceon is best Eeveelution. Sorry not sorry to mai boi Jolteon.

I'm not a huge fan of its one attack, cause sniping isn't really my thing, but that ability tho... Shuts down most meta decks it's crazy. GX attack is decent. Now to figure out which othet water Pokémon to play this with.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Could have some use. Not overly impressive. Good artwork.
I like that it potentially could do over 1000 damage at once without discarding, drawing or having certain cards somewhere. Only once though.