News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

SucyX

A Legit Seed
DW Necrozma-GX has the same ability as Keldeo-EX and that saw tons of play even in decks where it never attacked but I question its credentials in Standard. Its two attacks suck hard.
Good point I could see it be used for that ability like keldo and zoroark

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting to note that they are also UBs, so I wonder what they are going to be adding for UB support? Or when they'll be adding it? They have this whole new class of GX now I'd be disappointed if they didn't at least add in Beast Balls.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Love Dusk Mane Necrozma GX in Metal Silvally decks together with Registeel and Solgaleo Prism Star. Was looking for a decent ohko addition to this deck. I can also see this being used in Solgaleo decks since Solgaleo GX accelerates and cacels out weakness.

Dawn Mane Necrozma GX has a nice ability but its main attack has low damage output. I can still see it being used as a tech in Psychic Silvally decks with a focus on spread damage.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Love Dusk Mane Necrozma GX in Metal Silvally decks together with Registeel and Solgaleo Prism Star. Was looking for a decent ohko addition to this deck. I can also see this being used in Solgaleo decks since Solgaleo GX accelerates and cacels out weakness.

Dawn Mane Necrozma GX has a nice ability but its main attack has low damage output. I can still see it being used as a tech in Psychic Silvally decks with a focus on spread damage.
Sad that Psychic Silvally is not very strong.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
called it! (that they would have something to do with eclipses) I was hoping there would be some new mechanic to get them out, instead of just a boring basic though...

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Pokémon, MAKE A GOOD LUNALA GX!!!!!!!
Otherwise, Solgaleo is pretty meh, and Lunala is pretty meh also.
That artwork is cool, though,

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
No Piopole GX? :( :( :( :(

I don't see Poipole ever getting a GX. It just doesn't make sense. The better outcome is Poipole getting a regular card to evolve into Naganedel-GX. That way there's precedent for Ultra Beasts to keep appearing in the TCG as non GX cards.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Keldeo-EX was popular at the same time as laserbank, Accelgor (DEX) (and to a degree Seismitoad-EX and Gengar/Trev). That plus a much faster format than we have now meant being able to add in one extra card could really save your bacon in a few matchups.

With Guzma existing, I think if it sees play it will be totally minimal and in decks like Ho-oh/Volc (to bench the Volc to attack again), Golisopod (for First Impression) and Vika/Bulu (as all your attackers are very bulky and it could save you paying 3 retreat cost),.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Dawn Wing Necrozma coupled with Prism Star Lunala played with Fighting Fury Belt and some cheeky Mimikyu tech is probably the easiest counter to Buzzwole GX, but whether or not we need a Buzzwole GX counter by the time this comes out is still unknown.

Dusk Mane Necrozma I think is a card that looks bad on paper (get it, cards on paper?) but honestly needs to be tested. Most people are leaning towards a 2/2 stage 2 Solgaleo GX split in the Solgaleo deck, which leads to a handful of its own issues in terms of consistency. Dusk Mane Necrozma's attack has the same "cost" as Sunsteel Strike on SuMo Solgaleo GX. Both of them discard 3 energy, which mean both of them have the same requirements for getting reaccellerated. It's just that Dusk Mane Necrozma has a higher "start up cost" with needing 4 energy to get going. Choice Banded, Meteor Tempest hits for 250 which is currently the highest HP any Pokemon can achieve in the game so far, so it really isn't a bad attack. SuMo Solgaleo's Ultra Road is great...if your opponent isn't playing Garbodor. Solgaleo Prism Star also makes the playing ground pretty even in terms of energy requirements.

Dusk Mane Necrozma gives the Solgaleo deck the option to play a 4/2/3 New Solgaleo GX line up and 3 copies of Dusk Mane Necrozma - New Solgaleo GX is your tank, Dusk Mane Necrozma is your sweeper. It's definitely not as streamlined as Ultra Road, but running better card counts might make the deck better simply through consistency.

Definitely worth testing.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Dawn Wing Necrozma coupled with Prism Star Lunala played with Fighting Fury Belt and some cheeky Mimikyu tech is probably the easiest counter to Buzzwole GX, though we really don't need a direct counter to Buzzwole GX since anyone playing Tapu Lele can already OHKO Buzzwole GX. Any Buzzwole with 3 energy on it for Knuckle Impact gets OHKO'd by a DCE Tapu Lele GX (5 energy x 20 = 100 damage x weakness = 200), and if they have FFB then you just attach a choice band. From there you can 2 hit KO every Buzzwole that comes into play prior to them getting 3 energy. Buzzwole will never win the damage race against Lele only spamming Jet Punch, but I digress.

Dusk Mane Necrozma I think is a card that looks bad on paper (get it, cards on paper?) but honestly needs to be tested. Most people are leaning towards a 2/2 stage 2 Solgaleo GX split in the Solgaleo deck, which leads to a handful of its own issues in terms of consistency. Dusk Mane Necrozma's attack has the same "cost" as Sunsteel Strike on SuMo Solgaleo GX. Both of them discard 3 energy, which mean both of them have the same requirements for getting reaccellerated. It's just that Dusk Mane Necrozma has a higher "start up cost" with needing 4 energy to get going. Choice Banded, Meteor Tempest hits for 250 which is currently the highest HP any Pokemon can achieve in the game so far, so it really isn't a bad attack. SuMo Solgaleo's Ultra Road is great...if your opponent isn't playing Garbodor. Solgaleo Prism Star also makes the playing ground pretty even in terms of energy requirements.

Dusk Mane Necrozma gives the Solgaleo deck the option to play a 4/2/3 New Solgaleo GX line up and 3 copies of Dusk Mane Necrozma - New Solgaleo GX is your tank, Dusk Mane Necrozma is your sweeper. It's definitely not as streamlined as Ultra Road, but running better card counts might make the deck better simply through consistency.

Definitely worth testing.
Energy Drive is not affected by Weakness or Resistance.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
so after abusing there prism forms you get to fun killing your opponent. That's going to be fun.

Icrux

Aspiring Trainer
Loving these new cards! They have the feel of epicness! The fact that they are Basic GX's is really awesome! Necrozma Dawn's ability and even the attacks would make it playable!