News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

An opinion requires backing
not roasting something.

The only disgusting thing here is I asked for this reasoning and you jumped the gun on me. What's lowly and rude is jumping on someone who is asking for a reasoning behind a harsh opinion.

Instead of jumping on someone for this and getting offended - do something more productive with your time.

An opinion requires backing

An opinion does not need backing, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard.
I didn't jump the gun, I was defending his opinion from you attacking him with the ego card and asking if his profile was his own making, using that to justify what you had said earlier.

You could combo this with Parallel City though which is normally where they would discard their Lele. Plus this + Plea GX could wreck a late game Gardy.
you do still need a water/metal pokemon active first tho, so you're required to have your Octillery / (A-Vulpix I guess) in the active first, then retreat it and then plea. It's kinda tricky to pull off without guzma as well. I get the paracity combo, but with plea gx, I get the idea, but imo it's not the best strategy.
Also You typically want something useless in the active first when performing this combo, so maybe counter catcher could help for when you're behind on prizes, but I'll have to see it in play to see if sylveon can really take advantage of this.

Okay, this goes in Solgaleo. I'm already playing Parallel City in my list, so, here's scenario for you:
Your opponent has a full bench. You Parallel City them with a built up Solgaleo-GX and play Cyrus. They go down to 1 benched Pokemon, then you kill their active in one go. Their only benched mon becomes active at the start of their turn with 0 cards on the bench. If they don't draw a basic, they lose. Oh, and this is in addition to winning the prize trade against just about every deck in format

I think this is good in Silvally and Metagross, or disruption Ninetales.
I might also throw this into Gardevoir. Heres the combo: Guzma the Pokemon you want them to keep and put up Float Stone Octillery, play Parallel City, Play Cyrus, Retreat and Plea GX. Evil laugh!

I think this is good in Silvally and Metagross, or disruption Ninetales.
I might also throw this into Gardevoir. Heres the combo: Guzma the Pokemon you want them to keep and put up Float Stone Octillery, play Parallel City, Play Cyrus, Retreat and Plea GX. Evil laugh!
Hard combo to pull off- two turns! Might be a better use of Escape Rope.

Okay, this goes in Solgaleo. I'm already playing Parallel City in my list, so, here's scenario for you:
Your opponent has a full bench. You Parallel City them with a built up Solgaleo-GX and play Cyrus. They go down to 1 benched Pokemon, then you kill their active in one go. Their only benched mon becomes active at the start of their turn with 0 cards on the bench. If they don't draw a basic, they lose. Oh, and this is in addition to winning the prize trade against just about every deck in format

No Cyrus Prism star states that the opponent chooses two benched Pokémon to keep on the bench. The other Pokémon and all cards attached to them are shuffled back into their deck. Still an excellent mid to late game disruption supporter.

No Cyrus Prism star states that the opponent chooses two benched Pokémon to keep on the bench. The other Pokémon and all cards attached to them are shuffled back into their deck. Still an excellent mid to late game disruption supporter.
Aah, yup. I misread that. Well, Cyrus has a stronger effect than Parallel City, so I'll probably drop it from my list

An opinion does not need backing, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard.
I didn't jump the gun, I was defending his opinion from you attacking him with the ego card and asking if his profile was his own making, using that to justify what you had said earlier.

and I already mentioned to him it was a bit of a stretch?
The original poster and I have come to terms?

It isn't an opinion if you're flaming something with no backing. It's bias.

and again, we have already settled it but here you are - unable to understand that not every opinion is a solid or reasonable one.

This card is incredible. Anyone see this and Plea GX being a problem?
the card can only be used if your active is water or metal, so at least you cant do it at the same time. you may be able to use vaporeon in expanded to turn sylveon into a water type. in which case, ya i consider it a problem lol

Edit: i guess you could also just use the supporter while a vulpix is active, and then retreat into sylveon. i dont like this lol

Last edited:
Ummm Tapu Fini parallel city donk? (I know most the time they will still have a pokemon left but this will put them in a terrible position!)

Parallel+Cyrus+Tapu Storm-GX.

TPCi, why. :(

Cyrus Prism star will leave two Pokémon on the bench. The opponent chooses two benched Pokémon to retain and shuffles all other benched Pokémon and the cards attached to them into their deck. It is still a sick supporter card but it does not need Parallel City to be good. It is a nice card to use in Solgaleo decks but also can be used against them.

Cyrus Prism star will leave two Pokémon on the bench. The opponent chooses two benched Pokémon to retain and shuffles all other benched Pokémon and the cards attached to them into their deck. It is still a sick supporter card but it does not need Parallel City to be good. It is a nice card to use in Solgaleo decks but also can be used against them.
Yes, but the combinitation of all three can completely devastate your opponent's field. Though this would be hard to pull off.

Yes, but the combinitation of all three can completely devastate your opponent's field. Though this would be hard to pull off.

What exactly does Parallel City add to the combo? Cyrus Prism Star forces the opponent to shuffle all but two benched Pokémon into their decks. When you played Parallel City before using Cyrus Prism star this will shuffle one benched Pokémon back into the deck since the others had to be discarded due to Parallel City. Tapu Fini GX returns another one to the deck leaving the opponent with one benched Pokémon. However, Tapu Fini GX and Cyrus Prism Star achieve the same aim all on their own without the assistance of Paralel City. When playing Parallel City I would expect the opponent to discard heavily damaged Pokémon and Basics such as Tapu Lele GX. With Rescue Stretcher being a stable this may even help the opponent to recover Tapu Lele GX and reuse it to re-establish the bench mid to late game. For this reason I am not sold on Parallel City in this combo. Cyrus Prism Star is an excellent mid to late game disruption supporter on his own. I believe that he is much more effective mid to late game because the opponent will be more likely to have used up a considerable amount of resources to establish the current bench state and Cyrus Prism star can be used at that point to reset that. Hope that does mkae sense. What was your reasoning for adding Parallel City into that mix?

Back