News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Good observation, but that's a little too old to be relevant, back then there were only three generations and they could "mess around" with themes like that. Now Pokemon is a well-oiled marketing machine with a TON of content -- if they're going out of their way to advertise something like Sinnoh, it means there's a specific reason for it. Not to mention how the 20th movie and Pokken also are also pushing DP themes, not just the TCG. We're getting DP hints across the board. Other than they're doing it "just cuz," the question is why...
I was going mention EX Unseen Forces too. Honestly, just based on the timing of everything for future games, to me, this recent Sinnoh focus feels like a way of acknowledging their fans' expectations of 4th Gen remakes while also apologizing for not being able to make them anytime soon. Like they had plans to make Sun and Moon, and then they knew a main series Switch game needed to be made. Between the release of Sun and Moon and the Switch games, a 'third' Sun and Moon would be more practical and less time-consuming than 4th Gen remakes. So the compromise is to focus on some 4th Gen stuff now while everyone is thinking about it until they have time to remake those games. So here's a set focusing on Sinnoh, similar to EX Unseen Forces, to 'hold you over' until then.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Odd... Piplup's weak to [L] while most [W] Pokemon are weak to [G] (the only non-Gyarados [W] in recent memory are shining Volcanion (who wouldn't make sense to be [G] weak as he's part [R].) and Wishiwashi GX)

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
This exists to show us that while this set is in rotation we will not be getting DP remakes.
If we assume that the next rotation is Sun/Moon on, and the year after it's Ultra Prism on, then by the time this set leaves rotation in September 2020, November 2020 could launch with DP remakes (I'm convinced they're coming that year, whatever month they may be in), with the DP remake set coming in February 2021 to bring the Sinnoh starters back in rotation.

TL;DR, this is fine, it doesn't make DP remakes any further away.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
As someone who didn't play back when Blend Energies were a thing, a question:

If I attach the RGW one to, say, Golisopod-GX, can I treat it was Water for Lana, then Grass for First Impression?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Wonder why they chose to do this now and not 2019 (2018 is the 8th Gen and it's confirmed) when Sinnoh Remakes release?

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
SINNOH REMAKES CONFIRMED! Also... About those energies... Do they provide all three energies at the same time or I get to pick which energy type I want?

PokeMeow

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting. I'd like to see some of the older pokemon make a comeback as I've only been playing since January. As for the energy, I kinda see it as a way to make decks with different types more viable. Instead of relying on Rainbow Energy.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
As for the Sinnoh revisit I'm expecting that to be the game/s on the Switch.

If I attach the RGW one to, say, Golisopod-GX, can I treat it was Water for Lana, then Grass for First Impression?
Yes because those are at different times you are using it it would be the same for Rainbow. I love seeing them make multi-type special energies to make deckbuilding easier for multiple types.

gracebond

Aspiring Trainer

As for the Sinnoh revisit I'm expecting that to be the game/s on the Switch.

Yes because those are at different times you are using it it would be the same for Rainbow. I love seeing them make multi-type special energies to make deckbuilding easier for multiple types.

To be more precise, these Energies provide ALL 3 of their types at once, just like Rainbow provides ALL types at once, even if they are only providing one Energy.

It is just that the 1 Energy provided is multityped/colored, there is never a choosing to it. A Pokemon with Unit Energy GRW attached has 1 GRW Energy attached. So a Golisopod with it attached has an Energy that provides its attack costs, as well as letting it heal from Lana or get free Retreat from Manaphy EX.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Grass and water energy seem good. Being able to use instead of rainbow if you want to splash in anti fire.

Also 80 HP basic is kinda insane.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Good observation, but that's a little too old to be relevant, back then there were only three generations and they could "mess around" with themes like that. Now Pokemon is a well-oiled marketing machine with a TON of content -- if they're going out of their way to advertise something like Sinnoh, it means there's a specific reason for it. Not to mention how the 20th movie and Pokken also are also pushing DP themes, not just the TCG. We're getting DP hints across the board. Other than they're doing it "just cuz," the question is why...

Most likly a sinnoh remake for 3DS or Switch or putting Diamond and Pearl on 3DS Eshop

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I noticed he said that we aren't getting DP remakes, is this confirmed somewhere that they have specifically stated that we arent getting remakes?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Interesting card. Clearly designed to pair well with Sunsteel Strike and can easily power up two different Solgaleo-GX if your opponent's packin' Benched Pokémon. I don't care for the design of the card, but the mechanic is cool.

I wonder if these will be as rare as Gold Star Pokémon were back in the day? These would be sure to find a niche in a collector's album. I just hope they have new and cool foil haha