News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Unit Energy - Just plain good. I don't see Dragon-types will took advantage of this. Maybe Noivern but Noivern's energy are Dark and Psychic. 3 Geodudes
  • Sinnoh starters - why everything is in right timing? I am playing Platinum right now and Sinnoh shenanigans pops in.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
love the re-done blend energy from black and white, with the new type combinations.
they don't help my current deck in anyway at the moment though (Ninetales/ Zoroark). But i'm happy for the moment.

also with all the Sinnoh hype, will we be seeing the lake trio return. i loved the lake trio cards in our D/P/PL sets, especially the uxie card that gave you a 7 card hand just for putting it on the bench. (1 more card than roaring skies shaymin ex and only a 1 prize card)

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I don't know what Game Freak is thinking about, but all these 4th gen hints are quite suspicious.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know why you're reading this much into it. EX Unseen Forces was a Johto set out of absolutely nowhere, after all. I wouldn't look at this as an indication of anything to be honest.

Y-Guy3

Aspiring Trainer
I think they’re going to create a new pokemon game for switch after ultra sun/Ultra Moon, and then after that will create DP remakes. They need to wait for the original DP to not be playable on the current console. Maybe the advertising has to do with Pokémon go, and in a month or two they’ll add sinnoh to Pokémon go.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't know why you're reading this much into it. EX Unseen Forces was a Johto set out of absolutely nowhere, after all. I wouldn't look at this as an indication of anything to be honest.
Good observation, but that's a little too old to be relevant, back then there were only three generations and they could "mess around" with themes like that. Now Pokemon is a well-oiled marketing machine with a TON of content -- if they're going out of their way to advertise something like Sinnoh, it means there's a specific reason for it. Not to mention how the 20th movie and Pokken also are also pushing DP themes, not just the TCG. We're getting DP hints across the board. Other than they're doing it "just cuz," the question is why...

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
So much Sinnoh. And that second Piplup is the Sugimori art too. I would be very surprised if DP remakes are the first games on the Switch since you'd think they'd want to herald a new console with a new generation. All these references are strangely timed.
"Hey remember Sinnoh?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Oh, no reason."

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
In before Shinno wormhole DLC for ultra sun/Moon early next year (be a first I know but would work and sell plus a Dlc approach would shake things up a bit instead of a standard remaster as running out of titles to remaster! ) .. Timed with a switch release and appearance of gen 4 in Pokemon go.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Also we have the pip lip and Lucario randomly used by ash's friends in I choose you movie which is another nod - of all the pokemon and Gen's two friends are both Shinnoh pokemon!

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
FINALLY ANOTHER TORTERRA I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 5 YEARS

The Energies don't seem great.... maybe a substitute for Rainbow Energy in a few decks, but the energy combos don't seem very relavant.

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
Dark/Fighting/Fairy is all that's left. Really pumped to see this gimmick brought back. The fact that the combinations are different from their predecessors should open up some neat options in Expanded.
Just realized that's the Kalos trio legends

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
ULTRA SUN AND ULTRA MOON IS A SINNOH REMAKE CONFIRMED.

They really hint at that remake when this is the text on the japanese site: "シンオウ地方のポケモン達を多数収録!ナエトル、ヒコザル、ポッチャマといった最初のパートナーだけじゃなく、あのボスや伝説のポケモンも!?"

Last edited:

TheRealBro..

Would like to think this indicates a Sinnoh remake because we are expecting it and it's the only older Pokemon gen I really don't remember that well. Next year would also mark the 11 year gap, the same as with the R/S remakes.

But then this set would be releasing in nov. 2018 instead of januari (just look at Primal Clash and ORAS).. It doesn't look good to me but lets hope it's just weird timing. It could be that they release the set in januari together with the announcement of the remakes as a warm up. Would make some sense perhaps!