News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Good observation, but that's a little too old to be relevant, back then there were only three generations and they could "mess around" with themes like that. Now Pokemon is a well-oiled marketing machine with a TON of content -- if they're going out of their way to advertise something like Sinnoh, it means there's a specific reason for it. Not to mention how the 20th movie and Pokken also are also pushing DP themes, not just the TCG. We're getting DP hints across the board. Other than they're doing it "just cuz," the question is why...

Maybe they're trying to signal to us, diamond and pearl remakes are coming sooner than we think?

Almost like a "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"?

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Empoleon GX? Empoleon GX please.

Please, please let Sinnoh be coming soon.
Even if it's for Switch.

You know instead of creating new regions all the time I'd always hoped that they would revisit a new region in a completely new game. It makes it harder to do new pokemon but I have an idea... What if the evil team this time brought a whole bunch of new species from a new region and the new Pokemon were invasive species in Sinnoh? Then you could revisit Sinnoh AND have a brand new region and brand new Pokemon.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I've just noticed there's a Spheal behind the Piplup. Piplup is probably my favourite starter so logic aside, such an adorable card will be welcomed in Ultra Prism.

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
OMG Sinnoh Starters GX! I will make a Torterra GX deck no matter how bad the card will probably be (GGC for Turtwig's attack? Torterra will need 4 energy minimum for it's stronger attack. Probably 5). Also 80HP on Turtwig is nice. Now just give me Alolan Marowak GX and I'll have everything I want from the TCG.

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Ech gross I hate shinnoh worst region in my opinion only thing I liked where the pokemon themselves. But like I doubt there will be shinnoh remakes this early since like US & UM just released and all this gen 4 could legit just mean nothing.

TheMaskedMeowth

Aspiring Trainer
Not to be a downer, but GameFreak has confirmed that USUM are the last 3DS games so, Sinnoh remakes just aren't happening this generation. Which is good, I'd rather have em for the Switch anyways.

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
Not to be a downer, but GameFreak has confirmed that USUM are the last 3DS games so, Sinnoh remakes just aren't happening this generation. Which is good, I'd rather have em for the Switch anyways.
Mabye on switch and 3ds
And switch would make the vcg weird...

MetalPharoah

Aspiring Trainer

All Remake games have been for a system that is brand new for the main gen followed by the remake.

RSE -first Pokemon game for GBA-
FRLG GBA (originally GB)
DPP -first Pokemon game for DS-
HGSS DS (originally GBC)
XY -first Pokemon game for 3DS-
ORAS 3DS (Originally GBA)
Gen 8 SWITCH
DP Remake SWITCH (Originally DS)

yung_b_19

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe a Sinnoh Remake for Nintendo Switch? After all, Pokemon is working on a "core" Pokemon for the switch and it all lines up perfectly for the release of this set in February. Maybe they'll be releasing a trailer for the game sometime then?

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Energy cards are pretty sweet! And I really want GXs of the final evolutions of Sinnoh starters, especially Empoleon!!!

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Well I guess this explains why Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon is one of the biggest expansions to the TCG we've had. They're covering both new UB stuff as well as reprinting a ton of Sinnoh.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
To be more specific on the first Piplup's second attack, it's actually "Wave Splash," an attack usually reserved for Water Pokemon that was most recently seen in Shining Legends Manaphy.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, this will make things a lot more interesting for new deck ideas. Been waiting a long time for these guys to return to the mix.