News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
Would possibly make running muscle dumbells/fighting fury belt more useable in this choice band heavy format.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
It's going in Koko immediately.
Done.

Serously, no Special Energy based decks can do any damage at all,
100 and mill a card for (L)(L)(C) isn't terrible
But I think the GX attack is lackluster to make up for the insane properties of the rest of the card.

Xurkitree, welcome to my Koko Loco deck.

On the Magearna;
Extremely Good Tech Card (EGTC)
You get to move tools around, pretty much. Move a Choice Band to an active, or quickly swap a dash pouch, Magearna might might might see play.

Last edited:

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This will help Mega Evolved Pokemon for sure so I'm looking forward to testing it out. It's a nice tool to have around.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Have to say this set has went from mweh to kweh! for me - intrigued how many new art cards will feature, it's a packed month for Pokemon but sure pulling a GX in every pack will sure be a kick lol I might open a few packs just to open every time I have a few poor pulls lol

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, can we please talk about the artwork used for the picture?
TPC gave the greenlight for this, A FAMILY-FRIENDLY CARD GAME FOR KIDS GAVE THIS APPROVAL FOR COMMERCIAL RELEASE.
The artwork on this card is terrible, but I don't think you should overreact so much. Sexualising a robot is only possible if you make it. Don't make it. Its really weird.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
TPC gave the greenlight for this, A FAMILY-FRIENDLY CARD GAME FOR KIDS GAVE THIS APPROVAL FOR COMMERCIAL RELEASE.
Wait, what? I really hope you're joking with that over exaggeration. If not, can we talk about this?
There is nothing--and I mean nothing--sexually explicit or suggestive about this artwork of a robot Pokemon.
Jokes about the pose can be amusing, but the second someone legitimately thinks this artwork is not child-friendly and 'how dare TPC green light this'... you're taking it too far.

(Geez, it's like the Wicke full art all over again, and I'm once again defending the artwork... Which for the record, I'm glad TPCi didn't feel the need to censor it, like some people cried about here. It's almost as if they thought the artwork for a fully clothed female character was a non-issue.)

Alloybethyname

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon international makes the cards. TPCI is western only, and has no input in design.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Maggie - finally the last Gen 7 Pokemon that haven't debuted with Dex no. The ability is awesome! 3 Geodudes

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, what? I really hope you're joking with that over exaggeration. If not, can we talk about this?
There is nothing--and I mean nothing--sexually explicit or suggestive about this artwork of a robot Pokemon.
Jokes about the pose can be amusing, but the second someone legitimately thinks this artwork is not child-friendly and 'how dare TPC green light this'... you're taking it too far.

(Geez, it's like the Wicke full art all over again, and I'm once again defending the artwork... Which for the record, I'm glad TPCi didn't feel the need to censor it, like some people cried about here. It's almost as if they thought the artwork for a fully clothed female character was a non-issue.)

Listen you, you might say, "Bandy you're fool, TPC doesn't care about their quality control in their art." Now I can accept the fact that can use Salazzle as this seductive-ish Pokemon for every pose, but if you make an upskirt for an innocent and pure Pokemon, now that is the last straw.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Listen you, you might say, "Bandy you're fool, TPC doesn't care about their quality control in their art." Now I can accept the fact that can use Salazzle as this seductive-ish Pokemon for every pose, but if you make an upskirt for an innocent and pure Pokemon, now that is the last straw.
giphy.gif

I genuinely can't tell if you're being serious or not. "TPC doesn't care about their quality control in their art." Wow. I would never say that.
Here's the thing. Gardevoir's my favorite Pokemon, so I'm well aware of the unfortunate sexualization and stereotyping depicted by other fans. Comparatively speaking, this artwork of Magearna is far from anything like that. And it's obvious that the artist's intention was to make a pose similar to this:
latest
But you can't do much with Magearna's design, in terms of range of motion for an action pose. (Even the movie that featured Magearna poked fun at the fact that it would loose its balance while walking, due to how rigid and heavy it is.) Also, there's the fact that the picture frame on a Pokemon card is landscape, rather than portrait, like the above image of X. Maybe the artist could have rotated image to cut off the lower half of Magearna? But then it would essentially just be an awkward close up of Magearna about to fire a laser. A lot more thought goes into the artwork than just, "Tee hee. I'm going to make an upskirt shot of a 'pure and innocent Pokemon.'"