Finished Speed Mafia XLIV - The 'Beach Attack - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gekki, have you read any past threads of mafia?
Also, these posts read to me as "calling someone scummy for posting", which I dislike.
No, haven't ready any previous threads, just played on Discord. Not saying your scummy for posting, just saying essentially the same thing you were; someone seemed eager and that's *slightly* suspicious.

After I giving it some more thought, I think the logic behind voting for Jade is pretty bad. All he did was do something bb told him to do in a timely manner. Nothing suspicious there. So, I would like to ##VOTE: Ninja Penguin.

I gave solid reasoning for both you and Quaking. I don't see where you are getting that I think someone is scummy just for posting.

It's because you've never read or played forum mafia before. Read the last game, get some knowledge, and talk to me then.

##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer
First to like the post shows a lot of eagerness, especially for someone not on extremely often like you. Maybe it's because you're scum?
I mean, I was on, and had received my role. Sorry for helping to get the game started.

Quaking is my second choice because he didn't show any logic for voting mirdo, he just went ahead and did it.
This is called rvs (random voting system). It's used to get discussion started.

I mean, I was on, and had received my role. Sorry for helping to get the game started.

This is called rvs (random voting system). It's used to get discussion started.
Ah OK. Wasn't too sure of doing that since in Discord I get policy lynched when I random vote.

As Jade explained (which I didn't want him to do, since it gives you an excuse to be lazy) was RVS is, I may as well say that was what both Quaking and I were doing. Besides that, be sure to read other posts and stuff to get a better feel for the game, Gekki. It's really important.
Since the day is fast to end, we'll have to be moving at an extreme pace. That means that you'll probably see a case from me on someone in the morning.

As Jade explained (which I didn't want him to do, since it gives you an excuse to be lazy) was RVS is, I may as well say that was what both Quaking and I were doing. Besides that, be sure to read other posts and stuff to get a better feel for the game, Gekki. It's really important.
Since the day is fast to end, we'll have to be moving at an extreme pace. That means that you'll probably see a case from me on someone in the morning.
I've read up to page 9 of Mafia XLII and I plan to finish reading it soon :)

##Vote: mirdo because seagulls are obviously scum!
Oh no I've been found out how am i gonna defend.

I'm kinda surprised that we are actually doing RVS in such a short game. But i also wouldn't have had a better idea on what to do instead.
so yeah.
##Vote:Quaking (I wouldn't be surprised if he flips me tbh.)

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin.

Based on my gut, atleast one of the 2 most active on day 1 might probably be scum.

I've read up to page 9 of Mafia XLII and I plan to finish reading it soon :)
That's good to hear! Unfortunately, you've been the scummiest so far, so here's a case on Gekki:

So does being the first person to post during day :p

However, this logic follows. For now, ##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer
Here's a nice bandwagon. Seeing as he had no idea what RVS is, this is him placing a legit vote on Jade based on some miserably bad logic. Note the italicized part, since it will come up later.
Second choices for me would have to be Ninja and Quakingpunch. Ninja seems very eager to lynch and was the first person to post during the day, and, by his own logic, he was the fourth to like the post.
Posted before I was finished xD

Quaking is my second choice because he didn't show any logic for voting mirdo, he just went ahead and did it.
These posts are directly after I cast some shade on him. Note he immediately backtracks and begins to OMGUS. His FoS is also on literally every other player, which is setting up a lynch if you ask me.
No, haven't ready any previous threads, just played on Discord. Not saying your scummy for posting, just saying essentially the same thing you were; someone seemed eager and that's *slightly* suspicious.

After I giving it some more thought, I think the logic behind voting for Jade is pretty bad. All he did was do something bb told him to do in a timely manner. Nothing suspicious there. So, I would like to ##VOTE: Ninja Penguin.

I gave solid reasoning for both you and Quaking. I don't see where you are getting that I think someone is scummy just for posting.
This post is after I casted more direct shade on Gekki. This immediately causes him to hard OMGUS (place a vote).
The reasoning isn't even anything new. Remember the italicized part that he clearly showed was a joke by the tongue emoji? It's the exact same thing. He just repurposed it for his OMGUS.
Ah OK. Wasn't too sure of doing that since in Discord I get policy lynched when I random vote.
The only strange part of this is that he "wasn't too sure", which is strange because it implies he knew what it is yet fell for it.

If we want to talk about meta (which I'm not sure is appropriate here but I will anyway), Gekki is known on Discord for attempting to make more sense as scum. This play certainly falls into that.

tl;dr
Bandwagon/Setting Up Lynches
OMGUS without reasoning
Meta?

It's not much, but it's something.

##UNVOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer
##VOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi

That's good to hear! Unfortunately, you've been the scummiest so far, so here's a case on Gekki:

Here's a nice bandwagon. Seeing as he had no idea what RVS is, this is him placing a legit vote on Jade based on some miserably bad logic. Note the italicized part, since it will come up later.

These posts are directly after I cast some shade on him. Note he immediately backtracks and begins to OMGUS. His FoS is also on literally every other player, which is setting up a lynch if you ask me.

This post is after I casted more direct shade on Gekki. This immediately causes him to hard OMGUS (place a vote).
The reasoning isn't even anything new. Remember the italicized part that he clearly showed was a joke by the tongue emoji? It's the exact same thing. He just repurposed it for his OMGUS.

The only strange part of this is that he "wasn't too sure", which is strange because it implies he knew what it is yet fell for it.

If we want to talk about meta (which I'm not sure is appropriate here but I will anyway), Gekki is known on Discord for attempting to make more sense as scum. This play certainly falls into that.

tl;dr
OMGUS without reasoning
Meta?

I was told by you on Discord " if I voted randomly in forum Mafia I would get lynched". Hence supporting my vote for Jade with some kind of logic, however crappy that logic may have been. Also, the logic for voting for Jade is bad, like you said, but it was you who came up with that logic, not me. I just supported it. The tongue emoji is not significant at all, and I think it's just a little bit silly that you're using it as a scumtell. You also changed your vote from Jade to me almost directly after I switched my vote from Jade to you. Scum would not want to vote for someone who other people aren't voting for. You also posted right after GM Drac, who put me as one of his suspects for scum, which solidifies my opinion that you are just voting for the person who is most likely to be lynched, which is very scummy.

Also, you OMGUSed me as well. You said I was slightly suspicious, I said you were slightly suspicious, then realized I had much better cause to vote for you than Jade, then you did the same thing. We both OMGUSed. Also, what kind of scumtell is making sense? That's ridiculous. I'm not known for "making more sense when I'm scum". You're the only person that's ever said that.

So, TL:DR:

-He seems to be voting for whoever is most likely to be lynched.
-He seems to be eager to lynch.
-OMGUSing

Ninja is overly aggressive and accuses players for the most picky things? That happened once.. when he was scum.

Will vote him later if nothing else takes my attention.

Oh no I've been found out how am i gonna defend.

I'm kinda surprised that we are actually doing RVS in such a short game. But i also wouldn't have had a better idea on what to do instead.
so yeah.

Any particular reason you wouldn't be surprised? Something that caught your eye?

GM Drac lord is scummy for voting NP for guts reason, since town GM Draclord will always prefer letting active experienced players stay alive, and actually often accuse players who vote for them to be scummy if they do it on day one.

Vote Count
Jade - Ninja Penguin [#14-29], Gekki [#16-21]

mirdo
- quaking [#15]
Ninja Penguin - Gekki [#21], GM Drac [#28]
Quaking - mirdo [#27]
Gekki - Ninja Penguin [#29]

Not Voting: Cypher, Jade, rainyman, scattered

Deadline in: 9 hours
This count is NOT adjusted for vote manipulation.
Activity prod to @Cypher333, @rainyman123

Also, I forgot to add this earlier (and has been now added to the Day 1 post); the alignment win conditions are as follows:
Innocent - Eliminate all anti-town players.
Attackers - Outnumber the non-attacker aligned players.

There may or may not be an indie.

Also be sure not to forget to submit your night actions (with a backup) before the 9 hours are up! You can absolutely change your action after submitting it (unless otherwise stated), so it can't hurt to submit something now in case you forget later.

I'm getting some scum vibes from Quaking, too. He made the one random vote for mirdo and hasn't said anything since. Possible that he's just inactive, or is still picking someone to lynch, but it's slightly shady.

so yeah.
OMGUS much?

tl;dr
OMGUS without reasoning
Meta?

Gekki is a new player, and I don't see any of this as being big scumtells. We made the mistake last game of lynching a new player day 1, and I feel like it would be stupid to do it again.

I was told by you on Discord " if I voted randomly in forum Mafia I would get lynched". Hence supporting my vote for Jade with some kind of logic, however crappy that logic may have been. Also, the logic for voting for Jade is bad, like you said, but it was you who came up with that logic, not me. I just supported it. The tongue emoji is not significant at all, and I think it's just a little bit silly that you're using it as a scumtell. You also changed your vote from Jade to me almost directly after I switched my vote from Jade to you. Scum would not want to vote for someone who other people aren't voting for. You also posted right after GM Drac, who put me as one of his suspects for scum, which solidifies my opinion that you are just voting for the person who is most likely to be lynched, which is very scummy.

Also, you OMGUSed me as well. You said I was slightly suspicious, I said you were slightly suspicious, then realized I had much better cause to vote for you than Jade, then you did the same thing. We both OMGUSed. Also, what kind of scumtell is making sense? That's ridiculous. I'm not known for "making more sense when I'm scum". You're the only person that's ever said that.

So, TL:DR:

-He seems to be voting for whoever is most likely to be lynched.
-He seems to be eager to lynch.
-OMGUSing
What Gekki doesn't realize is that I was reaction baiting him the whole time. Adding him and Mirdo was a direct test for an attitude shift, as was calling him out on setting up lynches.
I also told you random votes were bad as real votes. This is very different.
@scattered mind Day 1 is almost over and someone has to start a case. It just happens to be me. See last game for another comparison of me doing this.
Rando tag from Gekki is strange connection. Remember it.
Jade's moral equivalency is flawed. Lynching a newbie Day 1 is very different this time, since he's actually scummy. Nebby lynch was awful because there were no scumtells on him. Gekki has scumtells.

Current Connections to Gekki to note:
Jade
Cypher
Scattered slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back