News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Run Aggron with Po Town, lots of Leles, BUS Weavile (Damage your Leles), Rainbow Energy, Damage Remover from SHL, and Tauros, and...wow. Could be a cool rogue deck.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Thinking of running metagrosa and this woth po town evolve them amd do 4 on bench thats 250 damage without choice band. Or even not run po town amd most decks dont kill metagross one shot . Then switch to this guy

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Oh that's nice combinated with Magma secret base
Rotated out
Play this with Tauros GX and SM3 Elektross and this should be funnnnn~
Drampa overshadowed Tauros. Tauros is now a neglected GX

• Aggron - A new Aggron card after 10+ sets. I love the bulkiness of HP, Heavy Ball-friendly, and... Weak to Volcanion. I love the attacks of Aggron but I am disappointed for some reasons: 1.) It's Stage 2 2.) Attacks are too much expensive 3.) Setting up makes it clunky 4.) Damage is underrated. Yes, Po Town can help, remember, Darkrai and Turtonator is everywhere. I suggest Registeel as a Broski counter not this guy. 2-3 Geodudes.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
The HP just keeps spiraling out of control with Sun and Moon sets.
I think his first attack could be fun with Po Town or something though.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Fun meme deck idea but not going to be effective, maybe if that attack was on a stage 1 it'd be okay.

I don't think the HP is 'spiraling out of control', stage 2s have had too little HP for a long time compared to big basics. Since the old big basics are still around in expanded you can't just lower their HP, you have to bump up the stage 2 non-GX cards, they should be about on par with basic GX/EX cards in terms of HP when previously they were usually on par with non-EX big basics.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Stage 2 Pokemon take 3 turns to set up, and require using really weak unevolved Pokemon that your opponent can easily take a prize off of. Then they require 3 cards instead of just 1 like basic ex/gx, and you start to wonder why regular stage 2's haven't had 180 HP for a while now.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
And, like the Beedrill line mentioned yesterday, here we have another line that just once I'd like to see in it's alternate coloring, in this case fighting type because of it's rock typing. And no I don't count the Team Magma one, I want my own rock Aggron line not one from a loser team.

Paul Weiskopf

Gwentigone
Damn, Regigigas' HP at 180, now Aggron at 170, and both are non-EX/GX/Breaks? I think the highest non-ultra rare HP besides Wailord before this was 160, and that was unheard of during the XY era. This is very interesting.

Elray

Expanded Player
Rotated out
Don't forget about Expanded!
Run Aggron with Po Town, lots of Leles, BUS Weavile (Damage your Leles), Rainbow Energy, Damage Remover from SHL, and Tauros, and...wow. Could be a cool rogue deck.
One attack from Weavile would leave your Leles with 110HP, that's the same as Shaymin-EX and its also the reason Shaymin didn't see much play near the end of last rotation (not to mention expanded). They just become Guzma/Lysandre bait.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
In Expanded, you can use Sky Field to have 4 Fury Belted Wailord-EX, 3 Dumbbelled Alolan Muk-GX and a Crystal Walled Black Kyurem-EX on your bench to deal a whopping 2160 damage (and that's before Choice Band!). Clearly this card is the best one ever printed.

RagingMath

Aspiring Trainer
It seems like Pokemon was almost aware that Gardevoir GX was going to be as strong as it is and is starting to give us a lot of options to combat it.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Gastly is not that great, a Psychic energy to put 1 damage counter on anywhere, and the 50HP will only get it KO'd from Alolan Ninetales-GX before it can evolve. Haunter isn't anything better, it's attack is worse than Koko promo's attack as it can only put damage on Pokemon that have already been damaged but I guess it can get pass Mr. Mime.

Only going to be used to evolve into Gengar.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
It seems like Pokemon was almost aware that Gardevoir GX was going to be as strong as it is and is starting to give us a lot of options to combat it.
*Release a couple of steel-type pokemon*

IS THIS A GARDE COUNTER?

They're going to keep releasing steel types. In other news, they're also going to keep releasing water types to counter volc, and electric types to counter yveltal EX, and grass types to counter Kingdra. Man, aren't all those cards sooooo overpowered? I'm glad we're getting counters.

The only card that really qualifies as being a garde counter outside of the circumstantial connection that garde happens to have a weakness is Regice, and that's a generic counter to stage 2's, which includes metagross.