News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Zeatap

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Breeder is a Secret Rare? have FA Supporters in Japanese Sets always been SR? First Time I notice this difference because FA Supporters are not SR in our Sets. Or at least not with a higher number like this one (77/72). So is this new?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well, that Full Art Entei is nowhere near as amazing as the Dark Explorers one, but it's not disappointing at all. I'm glad they didn't screw it up.

And that Full Art Mewtwo. I'm almost 100% sure that's the best looking FA Mewtwo we've ever gotten. It's absolutely incredible. Really all of them, especially that amazing special secret rare one are great. I'm not at all disappointed with this set at all.

Last edited:

RealEnderTV

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Breeder is a Secret Rare? have FA Supporters in Japanese Sets always been SR? First Time I notice this difference because FA Supporters are not SR in our Sets. Or at least not with a higher number like this one (77/72). So is this new?

Full arts are not secret rares in English sets. I believe that Japanese full arts are secret rares and have been like that forever, but double check me on that.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
there won't be a booster box of this set iirc. This set will be released the same way generations did with mythical collection like boxes.

Is there any ideas/clues/leaks as to which pokemon will be on the front of these boxes?

Ace.XD

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, does anyone know what happened to masked royal supporter? Is he still in this set as a regular card/Full Art?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Hi guys, does anyone know what happened to masked royal supporter? Is he still in this set as a regular card/Full Art?
Both the regular and Full Art Masked Royal are promo cards in Japanese. If released in English, they're probably released in either our Shining Legends, Crimson Invasion (Our SM4) or as promos :)

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
EnteiGX-RR-SM3plus-145x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.itYUdEmcOs.jpg

Only if the actual hyper rares looked this great. Darn low light camera quality.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Am I the only one that thinks Marshadow has some serious potential? It not only disrupts the opponent, but if youre on 1 or 2 cards itll fetch you a couple new cards, and it doesnt risk losing you two prizes. Its retreat cost is bad, but with alter of the Moone, and float stone still in standard its not the worst thing to start with. Also Guzma is amazing right now, it can get stuck in active for a couple of turns and you can power up a benched pokemon, and then get a free swap while targeting a pokemon on their bench.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Im pretty sure said pin collections contain Mewtwo and Pikachu. But feel free to correct me if Im wrong :)

Hopefully those left out of the set will make the front of the boxes. I don't know how many boxes there are but if theres 1 for each gen then I'd like to see the following;
Box 1 - One of the legendary birds, more likely to be shining Mewtwo or Pikachu even as you said. These two had their own decks in evolutions so won't be suprised.
Box 2 - Suicune although more likely to be that shining Ho-oh we saw some time ago.
Box 3 - Deoxys or one of the regis. More likely to be Groudon or Kyogre.
Box 4 - Regigigas or Giratina.
Box 5 - 1 of the cloud trio or Kyurem. Probably not going ot be Terakion or Cobalion
Box 6 - Xerneas or Zygarde.
Box 7 - Can't guess, Maybe Necrozema, Solgaleo or Lunalaa.

Basically exclude all legendary/mythical pokemon in the shining legend set except Mewtwo and also exclude those that were in the front of the generation mythical boxes.

I think Deoxys has gone under the rader in recent years, hopefully it will be back sooner rather than later in a movie perhaps.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Just reposting this for funsies, even though the 'shock' and amusement from Incineroar's attack has probably worn off now. I find the possibility interesting.

Fun (possible) fact--or perhaps theory is more fitting--about Incineroar's "God Damn Punch". That might be a reference to a Japanese wrestler named Masahiro Chono. While I don't know if this is his catchphrase in wrestling, whenever he would show up on a show called Gaki no Tsukai, he would shout "GOD DAMN!" http://gakinotsukai.wikia.com/wiki/Masahiro_Chono And one thing to keep in mind about the Japanese using English words is that it often doesn't have to mean anything, so long as it looks or sounds cool, or if it becomes trendy. So I doubt there's much thought put into the attack name outside of "That sounds neat! =D" or "Let's reference Chono!"

I'm glad to hear the Shining cards aren't super rare to pull in the Japanese packs. Though, I have no confidence in me being able to complete this set, I can only hope that the English release really is like Generations. More specifically, the pull rates. I decided to not even bother attempting to collect every card in the Sun & Moon sets since TPCi decreased the pull rates in booster boxes, despite there being more ultra rares in each set now. So I hope this set feels fun to open packs and to collect, like Generations, instead of daunting. I'm both really looking forward to it while feeling cautious at the same time.

TheRealBro..

This may just be me, but despite these lovely artworks I'm a little annoyed with the splitting up legendary beasts of lately (with Generations excluding a Moltres, Shining Legends excluding Suicune and probably more recent sets I'm not thinking about now).

Especially since this set is about legends. Makes it feel incomplete.