News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Tri2attack "Guzma for game."-every close game
    Tri2attack

[​IMG]

Only if the actual hyper rares looked this great. Darn low light camera quality.

AshCo likes this.

2. superdan51 Make Metagross-GX Great!
    superdan51

Am I the only one that thinks Marshadow has some serious potential? It not only disrupts the opponent, but if youre on 1 or 2 cards itll fetch you a couple new cards, and it doesnt risk losing you two prizes. Its retreat cost is bad, but with alter of the Moone, and float stone still in standard its not the worst thing to start with. Also Guzma is amazing right now, it can get stuck in active for a couple of turns and you can power up a benched pokemon, and then get a free swap while targeting a pokemon on their bench.

3. TheWicky Random and evil: first one, then the other
    TheWicky

I'm confused, are people upset with the regular FA (75/72) or the SR FA(82/72)? Because they both look fine.

4. Sarakazi Aspiring Trainer
    Sarakazi

I love the artwork on these, and I can't wait to start collecting this set!

5. HA559 Aspiring Trainer
    HA559

Hopefully those left out of the set will make the front of the boxes. I don't know how many boxes there are but if theres 1 for each gen then I'd like to see the following;
    Box 1 - One of the legendary birds, more likely to be shining Mewtwo or Pikachu even as you said. These two had their own decks in evolutions so won't be suprised.
    Box 2 - Suicune although more likely to be that shining Ho-oh we saw some time ago.
    Box 3 - Deoxys or one of the regis. More likely to be Groudon or Kyogre.
    Box 4 - Regigigas or Giratina.
    Box 5 - 1 of the cloud trio or Kyurem. Probably not going ot be Terakion or Cobalion
    Box 6 - Xerneas or Zygarde.
    Box 7 - Can't guess, Maybe Necrozema, Solgaleo or Lunalaa.

Basically exclude all legendary/mythical pokemon in the shining legend set except Mewtwo and also exclude those that were in the front of the generation mythical boxes.

I think Deoxys has gone under the rader in recent years, hopefully it will be back sooner rather than later in a movie perhaps.

6. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

Just reposting this for funsies, even though the 'shock' and amusement from Incineroar's attack has probably worn off now. I find the possibility interesting.

Fun (possible) fact--or perhaps theory is more fitting--about Incineroar's "God Damn Punch". That might be a reference to a Japanese wrestler named Masahiro Chono. While I don't know if this is his catchphrase in wrestling, whenever he would show up on a show called Gaki no Tsukai, he would shout "GOD DAMN!" http://gakinotsukai.wikia.com/wiki/Masahiro_Chono And one thing to keep in mind about the Japanese using English words is that it often doesn't have to mean anything, so long as it looks or sounds cool, or if it becomes trendy. So I doubt there's much thought put into the attack name outside of "That sounds neat! =D" or "Let's reference Chono!"

I'm glad to hear the Shining cards aren't super rare to pull in the Japanese packs. Though, I have no confidence in me being able to complete this set, I can only hope that the English release really is like Generations. More specifically, the pull rates. I decided to not even bother attempting to collect every card in the Sun & Moon sets since TPCi decreased the pull rates in booster boxes, despite there being more ultra rares in each set now. So I hope this set feels fun to open packs and to collect, like Generations, instead of daunting. I'm both really looking forward to it while feeling cautious at the same time.

Rooie likes this.
  7. BENDsli Aspiring Trainer
    BENDsli

I honestly think they look worse. . .

8. TURBOELITE:) Aspiring Trainer
    TURBOELITE:)

omg shiny tapu koko event now live in america via mystery gift intrenet serebii for proof

TaichoBanana likes this.
  9. TheRealBro.. Let's get drowzee
    TheRealBro..

This may just be me, but despite these lovely artworks I'm a little annoyed with the splitting up legendary beasts of lately (with Generations excluding a Moltres, Shining Legends excluding Suicune and probably more recent sets I'm not thinking about now).

Especially since this set is about legends. Makes it feel incomplete.

10. TaichoBanana Aspiring Trainer
    TaichoBanana

it turns out you only get two shining cards per booster box

11. BossZombie123 Aspiring Trainer
    BossZombie123

"1. Double Colorless Energy provides two chicken nuggets packed with carcinogens and has been declared a global health hazard by the World Health Organization.
    2. Too blurry to read, probably sucks anyway."

-Water Pokemon Master-2017

12. YanMeaga Ogre Darner Pokemon... C'mon...
    YanMeaga

Mallow breaks this card

13. Kyle Asplund Life is like a boomerang, it all just comes back.
    Kyle Asplund

I want that Shining Rayquaza!!

14. Yveltalplayer Aspiring Trainer
    Yveltalplayer

Venasuar/Tapu Bulu GX might be a good deck.

15. Gen Cario Aspiring Trainer
    Gen Cario

I would also like a shining Arceus

16. Tangelatwist Aspiring Trainer
    Tangelatwist

Advanced Member Member

Turbo Darkrai gets a new gets a new facade!

17. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

18. Ramo0927 I am a
    Ramo0927

I would want to pick this up, but it depends on the playability of the card. If its garbage(most likely not cuz its freakin Zoroark) then I will just order the card separately(or not tbh). If the card is good, then I might get the product cuz waluigi

19. JDA Aspiring Trainer
    JDA

Could be cool! Would have guessed they would have gone for the Lycanroc and variants but Zoroark is the same type of cool fox/wolf/hound Pokemon.

20. FullArtGardevoir Shrouded by Darkness...as a Cruel Tratoir
    FullArtGardevoir

What pisses me off about pokemon tcg Is that they set up all pokemon with one thing... So much limitations and things that can go wrong. They cant throw in a big supprise and make a normally bad card good or vise versa...

Graven and Ramo0927 like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?