Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2017 - Randommons - All Results Up!

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
Okay I'm finished!! Massive credit to Aschefield101 for the initial Grass GX Base :)
But here's my art for Pheromosa!! and my idea for a new Pokemon card, Pokemon UB! :)

Hope you all like!! I can upload a speed drawing of it if anyone wants??

Attachments

• Pheromosa 2 logo.png
    Pheromosa 2 logo.png
    578.8 KB · Views: 231

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know what happen to my link posted before, i can't see the card, what can i do? Edit the post will be -2 points, 2 points that i will need :(

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I don't know what happen to my link posted before, i can't see the card, what can i do? Edit the post will be -2 points, 2 points that i will need :(
I have the image saved so I can view it, but if you'd like you may re-link it without losing the two points for the viewing benefit of others. Note that because I have the original image myself, I'll know if it's edited in any way. :p

Nyora

A Cat
Skorupi-GX HP 150 Grass
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Scorpion Sense
Once during your turn, you may look at the top 5 cards of your deck. You may draw any Skorupi or Drapion you find there and put them into your hand. For each Skorupi or Drapion you drew, put 1 damage counter on the Defending Pokémon. Then, shuffle the remaining cards into your deck.

[G] Hazard Stinger 20
Flip a coin. If heads, choose a Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.

[G][G] Skorupincher GX 80+
You may put a Drapion or Drapion-GX from your hand into this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon) If you do, this attack does 40 more damage and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned.

Weakness: Psychic x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2
XY-Era wording.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
This is just a reminder for all that there is just over 7 days remaining [click for a live timer] before the entry deadline! This also means that there is about 48 hours left until the deadline for dropping out passes. Remember that you can drop out past this date, however you will incur a point penalty during the next month that you submit.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
@bbninjas Think I'll drop out this time. So sorry about that. Feel completely uninspired this time coupled with loads of schoolwork to do. Definitely hope to join again next month. All the best to all! Definitely looking forward to the other submissions.

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
@Jabberwock Hey! sorry :( but looking the new entrys i feel really insecure about my entry, that's why i edit to get a more polished looking, maybe i will not win, but hoping to enter in the top 3 in image based category :)
feeling a bit worried about the upcoming entrys, but very excited! :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Probopass - Stage 1 - {M} HP: 110
Evolves from Nosepass

probopass.gif

Ability: Magnetic Attraction
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a [M] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[M] Moai Interceptor Missiles 30x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

[M] [M] [C] Metallic Headbutt 50+
If this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool attached to it, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness - [R] x2
Resistance - [P] -20
Retreat Cost - [C] [C] [C]
"The main body controls three mobile units called Mini-Noses, which it maneuvers to catch prey."

Bronzong (Phantom Forces; 61/119)
Probopass (Primal Clash; 95/160)

Deku

The Starving Artist
@bbninjas I really hate to do this, but I'm going to drop. I just have no inspiration for this month, if I went through with it I know I'd end up creating something sloppy and bad. I argued with myself over staying or dropping, but in the end I decided to go ahead and drop out when I'm still free to do so without repercussion and not stress myself out over this. I'm very sorry.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Tyrogue BX//Fighting//HP 100
Basic
You can't have more than 1 Pokémon BX in your deck.

tyrogue.png

Ability: Baby Boost
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for a Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[-] Early Learning
Choose 1 of your Benched Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop's attack's and use it as this attack.

Weakness - 0
Resistance - 0
Retreat - [C]
Pokémon BX Rule: When your Pokémon BX is knocked out, your opponent may search their deck for 2 cards and put them into their hand.

So yeah, new mechanic=BX. And what else what that mean besides Baby Extreme! You can only have 1 BX in your deck.

BX pros:
  • more HP than normal Baby Pokémon
  • Free attack cost
  • No Weakness or Resistance
Cons:
  • Still not very much HP..
  • You can only have 1 BX in a deck
  • When your Pokémon BX is knocked out, your opponent can search their deck for 2 cards.

Let me know what you think! If I didn't explain BX's enough, please let me know. Are BX's even worth it? I think they could be fun to play with.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Oh hey, has it really been two months since I've faked? Well, I've returned! :)

I got pretty lucky getting this one, seeing as it's one of the more interesting Pokémon from Gen VII. It took quite some time. I tried some new design choices and looked for (and thought up when I couldn't find) attack and ability ideas I hadn't used before, and I like how it all came together!

Palossand HP: 130 - Psychic
Stage 1 - Evolves from Sandygast
palossand.png

NO. 770 Sand Castle Pokémon HT: 4'03" WT: 551.2 lbs.

Ability - Sands of Ash
When this Pokémon is attacked, flip a coin. If heads, discard all Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[P][C] Haunted Reward 30+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Prize card your opponent has taken. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness: [P] x 2
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Pokédex: Possessed people controlled by this Pokémon transformed its sand mound into a castle. As it evolved, its power to curse grew ever stronger.
Thoughts
So these kinds of cards are new to me. I tried to make this card more useful during the later game rather than the early game. Sands of Ash (obviously based on the shiny form) both give off a dark vibe and can disrupt your opponent. A curse often has elements of luck involved in it, and I think Sands of Ash shows that. Haunted Reward is super useful during the late game, but while you're setting up it's not very helpful, and rather ineffective.

Hope you guys like it, and I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with this time around!
Here's my entry!

Stage 2-Evolves from Cosmoem-Steel-Solgaleo-HP160

Ability: Full Metal Body
Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to this Pokémon.

[M][C] Solar Shred 60 Damage
If this Pokémon has any [R] Energy attached to it, discard the top card of your opponent’s deck. Then, discard all [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
{It is said to live in another world. The intense light it radiates from the surface of its body can make the darkest of nights light up like midday.}
Wonder Energy (PRC)
Alolan Muk (SUM)
Skorupi-GX HP 150 Grass
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Scorpion Sense
Once during your turn, you may look at the top 5 cards of your deck. You may draw any Skorupi or Drapion you find there and put them into your hand. For each Skorupi or Drapion you drew, put 1 damage counter on the Defending Pokémon. Then, shuffle the remaining cards into your deck.

[G] Hazard Stinger 20
Flip a coin. If heads, choose a Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.

[G][G] Skorupincher GX 80+
You may put a Drapion or Drapion-GX from your hand into this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon) If you do, this attack does 40 more damage and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned.

Weakness: Psychic x2
Retreat: 2
XY-Era wording.

@bbninjas here are some other cards you may have missed as I don't see them bolded.

Nyan

She/They
Whimsicott_CAC.png

I feel pretty confident about this card. I LOVE the way it came out. It was originally going to be like the Fullarts from the BW-era, until I stumbled across this amazing piece of artwork made by JellyEnvy (check out their art, it's amazing!), and I was like "I'm gonna do something super unique", which I did. I still went with the idea of a full art, but turned it into something that looked like it would come out of Radiant Collection. So, to expand this idea, I started a search for a unique holosheet, and I found the holosheet you see here in the TCG faking resources thread, made by Nekoban Ryo.

Good luck to everyone this round! So far, the entries are all great!

Celever

Wheeeee~
As a note, when I do fan-voting, I go through the thread and ensure everyone's names are bolded. However, it's also actually really bloody useful to point it out before the fact -- in case me and bb make the same mistake. :p

Also, as a confession, I was using the late judging from last month as an excuse to not start working on the card this month until now. I never even put thought into it, honestly. If you're in the same boat, you're not alone. :U

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
I was using the late judging from last month as an excuse to not start working on the card this month until now.

Hahhhhhhh yeah I def ended up in that party too. Alas, here's my stab for this month. I can see several issues with the pre-evo box and text placement, I think I might have tried to go a little too hard from what I'm used to. Good luck y'all!

7fa683e9-8dbc-49f9-ae38-4dd84cc2c64c
fE67N7x.jpg

Yog

Rogue
Oh man, I love that. Poor fossils don't get enough love.

Self-drawn and all? Nice.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man, I love that. Poor fossils don't get enough love.

Self-drawn and all? Nice.
Haha yeah, I was gonna roll with Shedinja but I noticed there have only been two Aurorus ever so the ice dino seemed more deserving of love.

Thanks! Im trying to do all the art for my own cards, though I probably could've made this one look better if I had more time and didnt go for the laziest card art style XD