• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon-GX/Zoroark for Nats

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
So yeah, after coming back from Madison regionals, I'm immediatly preparing for Nationals, I mean "International Championships." At Madison I'd say like 60% of the decks their were Garbodor/Drampa and Decidueye/Vileplume. So I want to run a deck that counters both of them, and the best deck for that seems to be Umbreon-GX/Zoroark, so I'm planning on running that. So I'd like to get some feedback and improve the list. I have about a month to playtest this deck.

Pokemon (18)
4x Eevee
3x Umbreon-GX
1x Flareon
3x Zorua
3x Zoroark
2x Zoroark BREAK
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers (32)
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
2x Lysandre
1x Lillie
1x Pokemon Fan Club
1x Professor Kukui

4x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Field Blower
3x Choice Band
2x Float Stone

2x Altar of the Moone

Energy (10)
6x Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

acerizzo13

Reniart Gniripsa
So yeah, after coming back from Madison regionals, I'm immediatly preparing for Nationals, I mean "International Championships." At Madison I'd say like 60% of the decks their were Garbodor/Drampa and Decidueye/Vileplume. So I want to run a deck that counters both of them, and the best deck for that seems to be Umbreon-GX/Zoroark, so I'm planning on running that. So I'd like to get some feedback and improve the list. I have about a month to playtest this deck.

Pokemon (18)
4x Eevee
3x Umbreon-GX
1x Flareon
3x Zorua
3x Zoroark
2x Zoroark BREAK
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers (32)
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
2x Lysandre
1x Lillie
1x Pokemon Fan Club
1x Professor Kukui

4x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Field Blower
3x Choice Band
2x Float Stone

2x Altar of the Moone

Energy (10)
6x Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

I made an audible gasp thinking about Zoroark Break into Garbodor, such a good pick and it's decent into Turbo Dark and Volcanion though those are for sure more even matchups and not a direct counter. Did you see any Lycanroc because that would be a very challenging matchup for this deck as you will be consistently 1 shot. My suggestion would be to playtest against the top 15 decks or so. Keep in mind Golisopod GX releasing in Burning Shadows is maybe a better matchup with Zoroark. If you do make it to day 2 make sure to put a Darkrai EX from Black and White in for that free retreat power. Do not let anyone convince you to take out the Flareon, while Umbreon may not easily be able to 1 shot Decideuye, Zoroark definitely can. Finally consider Bridgette over Fan Club and weigh the power of Lele with either, especially in the Garb matchup where every ultra ball hurts. Good Luck!!

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I made an audible gasp thinking about Zoroark Break into Garbodor, such a good pick and it's decent into Turbo Dark and Volcanion though those are for sure more even matchups and not a direct counter. Did you see any Lycanroc because that would be a very challenging matchup for this deck as you will be consistently 1 shot. My suggestion would be to playtest against the top 15 decks or so. Keep in mind Golisopod GX releasing in Burning Shadows is maybe a better matchup with Zoroark. If you do make it to day 2 make sure to put a Darkrai EX from Black and White in for that free retreat power. Do not let anyone convince you to take out the Flareon, while Umbreon may not easily be able to 1 shot Decideuye, Zoroark definitely can. Finally consider Bridgette over Fan Club and weigh the power of Lele with either, especially in the Garb matchup where every ultra ball hurts. Good Luck!!

I saw only one Lycanroc deck at Madison...also Nats is expanded format?

acerizzo13

Reniart Gniripsa
I saw only one Lycanroc deck at Madison...also Nats is expanded format?
I believe day 2 of all events this year are expanded. I know regionals was, but you'll have to get that far first and then decide if you want to play the same type of deck anyway. Understandable if there is no Lycanroc showing up as it's literally so bad against decideuye.

JacobTCG20

Aspiring Trainer
Is this deck just to keep rotating attackers with zorark and umbreon sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm trying to figure out

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Nice deck.

I too played at the Madison tournament this past weekend, and I also played a Dark deck (Darkrai-Zoroark-Yveltal). Although I didn't encounter any Lycanroc GX decks, all of the Yveltal Pokémon are still quite useful in my deck. So, consider incorporating at least an Yveltal and Yveltal EX.

IMO, I believe Reverse Valley will be more useful than Altar of the Moone (most useful early game), especially after you attach a Float Stone to Zoroark.

Given the relatively "low" HP of most of your Basic Pokémon, I'd suggest replacing the Lillie with an Ace Trainer since the Basic Pokémon could potenially be early game 1HKO targets.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer

No, I didn't see any Lycanroc-GX decks in the Seniors division, the deck played by precentage was like this:
40% Drampa-GX/Garbodor Variants
30% Decidueye-GX/Vileplume Variants
10% Sylveon-GX (Myself included)
5% Volcanion-EX
5% Greninja BREAK
10% Other (M Ray, Lurantis, Jolteon/Vaporeon, and the rare Waterbox were a few I saw.)

Thanks for the advice, Burning Shadows won't be legal for play for Nationals, so I'm not worried about that. I'll switch Fan Club with Brigette.

Is this deck just to keep rotating attackers with zorark and umbreon sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm trying to figure out

I keep Zoroark BREAK out as my main attacker for a majority of matches, with Umbreon-GX as a side attacker, switching in when Zoroark BREAK isn't hepful. I do switch back into Umbreon-GX occasionly to use Dark Call GX to limit my opponent's energy control. I still have mastered the deck yet, so I still don't quite have a definete answer for that.

Nice deck.

I too played at the Madison tournament this past weekend, and I also played a Dark deck (Darkrai-Zoroark-Yveltal). Although I didn't encounter any Lycanroc GX decks, all of the Yveltal Pokémon are still quite useful in my deck. So, consider incorporating at least an Yveltal and Yveltal EX.

IMO, I believe Reverse Valley will be more useful than Altar of the Moone (most useful early game), especially after you attach a Float Stone to Zoroark.

Given the relatively "low" HP of most of your Basic Pokémon, I'd suggest replacing the Lillie with an Ace Trainer since the Basic Pokémon could potenially be early game 1HKO targets.

Ey, another person at Madison. I'll try using Reverse Valley and Ace Trainer, since Garbodor is such a common deck, it can limit the mobility I have, so consider Altar of the Moone a just in case card, as a major part of the deck is mobilty. But Reverse Valley could fit really nice in this deck.

A deck very similar to this came in second at Birmingham. They did a deck profile on it on their day 2 stream shortly before the semi finals, I think about 7 hours into their day 2 stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149394681

Cool, I'll check out their deck and work on mine.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll keep steadily improving and working on the deck, to try and do as well as I can at Nats.