Help How Do you Flatten Curvy Holos?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I have about 1000 Holos that are all curvy and I'm wondering how I can flatten them out. I had no choice but to store them in damp conditions, so how can I make that many holos no longer curvy?

Also, no, this isn't a joke thread.

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
How bad are they? Just putting them under a heavy book or something similar should do it. It might take some time though to do that many.

WaMike

Aspiring Trainer
Find the biggest, thickest book you can with lots of pages. Insert a card every ten pages or so (ideally not all lined up). Close the book and put something heavy on top. Wait several days and then check on their progress.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Find the biggest, thickest book you can with lots of pages. Insert a card every ten pages or so (ideally not all lined up). Close the book and put something heavy on top. Wait several days and then check on their progress.
I have some books with 200+ pages, they're hard back and pretty big, so would that work?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
My entire binder of Ultra Rares got warped in the summer. Due to a lack of Air Conditioning, all of them were curved. What I did was placed them in the coolest room in the house, flipped the binder upside-down and stuck another binder on top of it. Within a few days they were all back to normal.

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
How I managed to revive a bunch of warped holos was sticking them in a box alternating how they were facing* (fronts to fronts, backs to back) then added cards I didn't care for on either side of the holos until everything was packed in well. Then you just leave it like that for a while.

* the curved cards should look like this in the box: ) ( ) ( ) (

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
My entire binder of Ultra Rares got warped in the summer. Due to a lack of Air Conditioning, all of them were curved. What I did was placed them in the coolest room in the house, flipped the binder upside-down and stuck another binder on top of it. Within a few days they were all back to normal.
Except that not many places in the UK have AC, so usually the coolest room in the bathroom and that's also damp, causing potentially more issues.

Purrloin

The dreaded Curved Foils affects us all.

The best way I've found to avoid it is to put them in the typical 9-slot binder pages back to back. So a single slot on the page will have two holos in it (allowing you to see the rear holo's face on the backside of the page). They kind of resist each other. Very few of my holos stored in this way have ever curved.

The way I use to fix an already-curved card is sticking them into soft sleeves and tightly packing them into a row in a box using foam dividers to keep them snug against each other. I've straightened quite a few holos and reverse foils this way, but it takes some time.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
OK, but when I bought most of my Pokémon cards, I couldn't find any affordable binders and I still don't know where to find any for 1000s of cards.

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
OK, but when I bought most of my Pokémon cards, I couldn't find any affordable binders and I still don't know where to find any for 1000s of cards.

What you're looking for is a 2" binder and some 9-pocket card pages to go with it. The 9-pocket pages can be found at most game/hobby shops, or at your local big-box store that sells TCG's (like a Wal-Mart).

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
What you're looking for is a 2" binder and some 9-pocket card pages to go with it. The 9-pocket pages can be found at most game/hobby shops, or at your local big-box store that sells TCG's (like a Wal-Mart).
Wal-Marts here only sell clothes, video games and food mostly; there aren't really any hobby shops here; GAME doesn't sell them either.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Except that not many places in the UK have AC, so usually the coolest room in the bathroom and that's also damp, causing potentially more issues.

I un-warped mine without the AC. Just find the most cool/dry place you can get, the sleeves would help too(I recommend double sleeving them, with perfect fits followed by some decent brand of sleeves, that usually helps them stay somewhat straight)