News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

CrownXY

as brave as a talonflame
Seems like GX deck would atleast have 1 copy of olivia for drawing the gx card or just for show lol.
As for alolan ninetails, it's a better version of carbink but garbodor ain't going anywhere.

GengarGuy

PUMPKABOO SLAYER
When were fire types meta?

Due to the fact that they are printing EX boxes, and the ninetales that will be around after EX's rotate, do you think that they will have a set containing EX's?
Also, My Evaluations of the ninetales:
Same HP of Carbink BREAK (after you evolve) and Carbink has a better attack. The only thing about 9tales is that it protects from GX's too. So..

Last edited by a moderator:

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
I know right! I really want to see Metagross GX and see if it's good!
Well We got it now, and im in love. Its really great when the format slows down, and with the alter of the sunne its gonna be great along with Dhelmise. No weakness plus hitting for fat numbers and its GX attack is amazing

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Shiny Tapu Koko-GX is going to be expensive. You have way under a 1-12 chance to pull it from the promo packs. There are 11 different cards, plus this one. The other cards are mostly energy and this one is super rare. "I am extremely rare, so I am lucky if I hit it!" Also, comes out this weekend with SM2 not SM2+.

Figure I will put the info here in case WPM doesn't update the information as the new set should leak pretty soon.
I think you're talking about the Tapu Koko promo from here, which isn't a GX-card and is available in a promo booster pack with one of 11 possible cards :)

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
I'm gonna have to put together a list for that Alolan Ninetails. It's a better version of Pyroar, which was my favorite card ever!

Well We got it now, and im in love. Its really great when the format slows down, and with the alter of the sunne its gonna be great along with Dhelmise. No weakness plus hitting for fat numbers and its GX attack is amazing
I actually don't like it as much. They failed to do a better job on it. The GX attack is OK, but N Exists, so does Delinquent. The ability is nice though, could see it being used, and 250 is nice. But I am quite disappointed with the card. Oh well, what can you do.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
A question on "A shiny Tapu Koko-GX promo will be given out to those who purchase five booster packs of SM2+." Is there somewhere specific where we have to buy these packs in order to get this card or is this for Japanese purchases only?

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
I think you're talking about the Tapu Koko promo from here, which isn't a GX-card and is available in a promo booster pack with one of 11 possible cards :)

Nope, I am taking about that card. It is the secret card from the promotion you mentioned.

http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/2017/20170215_000592.html

I guess everyone will just be shocked when they think they can buy it for $5-$10 on eBay and it is $30-$100 or more depending on the real rarity.

A question on "A shiny Tapu Koko-GX promo will be given out to those who purchase five booster packs of SM2+." Is there somewhere specific where we have to buy these packs in order to get this card or is this for Japanese purchases only?

Japan only. No mail order orders either, only stores that hold events.

GengarGuy

PUMPKABOO SLAYER
I actually don't like it as much. They failed to do a better job on it. The GX attack is OK, but N Exists, so does Delinquent. The ability is nice though, could see it being used, and 250 is nice. But I am quite disappointed with the card. Oh well, what can you do.
totally agree

JBlade3

Dark Pokemon Master
early possible translation for olivia take two gx cards from deck and add to hand:D

nine tales takes no damage or effects from attacks from GX/EX pokemon

Bulu looks like recover 30 damage on first attack and do extra 60 damage if GX attack has been used

Watch there be a OP non-gx Tapu Lele card. Also, olivia could get out dual decidueye's. So, that might be a interesting one-of o see in owl decks. Could have been much better if it was both Ex's and Gx's

NebbyIsCool

SolgaleoAndLunalaDEcks
Grass is about to get so busted. Lurantis is going to go up in price. Tapu Bulu-GX and Tapu Bulu and Golisopod and baby Lurantis with the Grass-boosting Ability give him a lot of friends to work with. Volcanion will see more play because of this (not like it hasn't already because of Decidueye/Vilplume) and it'll be a weird power struggle between these and Turbo Dark. At least, that's just what I'm predicting.

Can't wait to bust out the old Shaymin sleeves and go green again.
IF these cards do get played alot cards like Flareon and Volcanion will go through the roof.

If Olivia was find 2 gx cards and put them ontp your bench. This card would've played in every gx deck (aka BROKEN CARD)

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
When can we expect more info on the Best of XY set? I am really interested to know what the new cards are as well as M Sharpedo and M Camerupt which might be really good with the upcoming Mallow card. There is obviously a lot more new cards that I am really interested to see, hopefully more new megas

EDIT: Forgot to add that the set drops in like 2 weeks so im suprised we dont have that much info on it yet

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
When can we expect more info on the Best of XY set? I am really interested to know what the new cards are as well as M Sharpedo and M Camerupt which might be really good with the upcoming Mallow card. There is obviously a lot more new cards that I am really interested to see, hopefully more new megas

EDIT: Forgot to add that the set drops in like 2 weeks so im suprised we dont have that much info on it yet

I'm not really surprised that we don't have that much info yet, for two main reasons: 1) SM2 just released so attention has been focused on that. 2) "Best of XY" is likely being 90%+ reprints also means there isn't a whole lot of new info to share.

Also, it's closer to a month until set release, not 2 weeks. Both "Best of XY" and SM2+ release on April 21st. Usually about a month out from set release is when we can expect information to start trickling down, so I do expect we'll start seeing some news soon, for both subsets.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
I'm not really surprised that we don't have that much info yet, for two main reasons: 1) SM2 just released so attention has been focused on that. 2) "Best of XY" is likely being 90%+ reprints also means there isn't a whole lot of new info to share.

Also, it's closer to a month until set release, not 2 weeks. Both "Best of XY" and SM2+ release on April 21st. Usually about a month out from set release is when we can expect information to start trickling down, so I do expect we'll start seeing some news soon, for both subsets.
But the M Sharpedo and M Camerupt boxes both come out on the 7th, which means that we'll get a card earlier than their actual set release. What im tryna get to is that I wanna see actual scan of both cards because its killing me its so close