News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Guardians Rising...That name reminds me of Emerging Powers. Hopefully it won't be as pointless as that, or, god forbid, Flashfire. This better not fall under that second-set curse that's been going on for the past two eras. Seems promising though, if this somehow combines SM1+ and the main Japanese set.

-_- (hype song mode) ppppppppaaaaaap-dun dun dun dun dun-I have an apple, I have a pen-ompfh! Apple Pen. I have pineapple-I have a pen-oh! Pineapple pen. Apple pen, Pineapple pen...*dun dun* OH! Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen. AKA ALLHAU AKHBAR!!!! *NUKE*

I wonder if we'll get Ultra Beast cards in the set. I wonder if they will be regular cards, GXs, or a new type of card, maybe with a special type of Ability, based on the aura they have in the game. Also would like more GXs of Totem Pokémon, maybe Mimikyu or Kommo-o? Hopefully this set is good, because so far SM is making me happy, and I want to keep that feel.
Also, the name is pretty cool.

I guess few cards from SM1+ like DrampaGX, few cards from the Rockruff deck, well 8 of them because some were promos will be featured in the set. Who knows we will get SRDCE from Guardians Rising packs. Excited much!

some kid at my prerelease pulled one....Unfortunately a professor told him it was $100 so now he isn't trading it ;_;

Well I mean...That is what we Professors do but it's his card. But that kid is pretty lucky.

yeah but if the professor hadn't told him he would've traded I would've given him a Shay for dat

Not equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
So from the english set, we'll probably get Toxapex, Drampa, Vikavolt, Tapu Koko, Lele, Bulu, Fini, Lycanroc, Mimikyu and Kommo-o GX?

Lycanroc-GX is getting a box release, so that probably won't be in the English release. Sylveon-GX from SM1+ will probably also see a release along with the rest of the SM1+ Pokémon.

So from the english set, we'll probably get Toxapex, Drampa, Vikavolt, Tapu Koko, Lele, Bulu, Fini, Lycanroc, Mimikyu and Kommo-o GX?
Yeah but not necessarily GXs for Mimikyu, Lycanroc and Kommo-o
Lycanroc-GX is getting a box release, so that probably won't be in the English release. Sylveon-GX from SM1+ will probably also see a release along with the rest of the SM1+ Pokémon.
I would assume, since Lycanroc is featured as the "main" Pokémon on the booster, and since Lycanroc Midday got one, that Lycanroc Midnight would get a GX-card too.
I could see Sylveon and Vikavolt get GX-boxes, due to their pre-evolutions not having any cards outside of the SM base set, as of yet, and I don't think they would reprint those cards in Guardians Rising.
I would add Darkrai-GX @Tails19950's GX-list, due to it appering on the SM2+ booster, and I would add question marks after Kommo-o and Mimikyu, since they might just get holos, because if you went by that logic, Swellow and Honchkrow-GX might be a thing in the set as well :)

Yeah, we could definitely get one for the other Lycanroc, that's true; admittedly, I forgot he was in the art. I still think Sylveon-GX and Vikavolt-GX will get proper set prints due to their SR/HR cards, though. We're more likely to get boxes for promo GXes that don't have matching full art cards (or for random BS cards to promote Pokémon Go, of course).

Yeah, we could definitely get one for the other Lycanroc, that's true; admittedly, I forgot he was in the art. I still think Sylveon-GX and Vikavolt-GX will get proper set prints due to their SR/HR cards, though. We're more likely to get boxes for promo GXes that don't have matching full art cards (or for random BS cards to promote Pokémon Go, of course).
Oh right, forgot about the SR/HR cards. I just thought of Bewear-GX too, which might also appear in the set, even though it doesn't have SR/HR, due to the Stufful/Bewear from the Rockruff Corocoro deck.

Yeah, Stufful-GX is an interesting case. I could see him either going in the set or getting a box. I think I'd lean towards a box personally (lots of GXes + no FA card), but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the set, either.

Of course, all this prediction could go out the window if something weird happens and TPCi chooses to release SM1+ in some other way, but given that we've got name/info down for English SM2, I think that's pretty unlikely to happen at this point.

Back