Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 Vote Count:

rainyman123 7 (NinjaPenguin, lord o da rings, TheSceptileMaster, scattered mind, bbninjas, PikaMasterJesi, thegrovylekid, Robin Aisaga)
scattered mind 0 (simsands, )
Scorched Feathers 1 (quakingpunch73, )
Vracken 0 (Robin Aisaga, )
NinjaPenguin 0 (TheSceptileMaster, PikaMasterJesi, )
Lord o da rings 0 (thegrovylekid, bbninjas, thegrovylekid)
PikaMasterJesi 0 (Jabberwock, bbninjas, rainyman 123)
Jabberwock 1 (bbninjas, simsands)
bbninjas 1 (Jabberwock, rainyman123)
thegrovylekid 0 (rainyman123, Vracken)
Blakers 0 (thegrovylekid, )
TheSceptile Master 4 (Professor Palutena, Vracken, rainyman123, thegrovylekid)

There are 16 players still alive therefore 9 votes are required to lynch.

Current Lynch candidate(s) bolded. @rainyman123 is at L-2

In the event of a tie a randomiser will determine the lynch.

The claim's clearly been edited, but it does check out. Everyone get off Rainy please.
Claim alone isn't a reason to remove the vote.

And how can you tell it's clearly edited? The Jigglypuff is the only clue I have and that tells me that he doesn't understand quoting, not claiming.

Sorry, why? Isn't an edited claim is generally scummy? And the Ability is a common scum Ability? I don't see any reason that people should get off Rainy purely because of his claim.
Our meta has had more town redirecters than scum (likely for the reason that it's a traditionally scum role, so it's a balance method), so it works both ways here.

Like come on here, this is obviously such new town play that it's paining me that you guys aren't seeing it.

Also FOS on bbninjas here because I can only recall him being this insistent on a lynch candidate when he's scum. It's too different for me and I don't like it.

Aside from that, TSM is gaining spotlight. I think the case just revolves around him parking his vote on rainy? Sounds very standard TSM to me, so I don't think it indicates alignment.
Minus the confusion (which is obviously the new player thing. I've been playing here for years so I'm quite familiar with it, especially with a lot of the players here), TSM is doing the same stuff as rainy. He hasn't helped due to his vote park, and he's much less active than rainy is.

Also, all lynches give info. But we don't lynch for info - that's anti-town play. We shouldn't lynch a player because they give us the most info; we should lynch them because we think they're scum. You haven't provided anything that suggests rainy is scum.

And how would rainy's lynch provide info on Jesi and TSM? They haven't been associated with him and have no connection to him, so how would we get info off of them. The only player that could be associated with rainy is myself, as I suppose my defense of rainy could be seen as buddying. A scum rainy flip would, naturally, turn heads towards myself given my actions today.

Rainy edited the name of his claim. In this case, he added the name "Kid Fist-Yo" and bracketed Kit Fisto, the actual name. Kid Fist-Yo is not a character in Star Wars. Other than that his claim checks out, at least in my eyes.

Wether or not it's edited remember this. I didn't know how to even get my role in this thread before grovylekid posted so the edit can't be really scummy as the only edit is the name which is kid fist-yo.

Rainy edited the name of his claim. In this case, he added the name "Kid Fist-Yo" and bracketed Kit Fisto, the actual name. Kid Fist-Yo is not a character in Star Wars. Other than that his claim checks out, at least in my eyes.
he will be however.

Sorry, why? Isn't an edited claim is generally scummy? And the Ability is a common scum Ability? I don't see any reason that people should get off Rainy purely because of his claim.

Anyways, I'm not 100% sure on what rainy will flip. He has been confusing and unhelpful to the scumhunt, and his flip will give a lot of information on a lot of the other players - including Jesi and TSM. This is why I think he's the best lynch.

Aside from that, TSM is gaining spotlight. I think the case just revolves around him parking his vote on rainy? Sounds very standard TSM to me, so I don't think it indicates alignment.

Jesi is scummy, but she is normally scummy. However, I'd say she's been doing certain things a bit out of the norm (i.e. sitting on the fence). I'm a bit unsure here, and that's why I want to know rainy's flip first.
well once I have some info I can help but this is day 1. We have little info. The only thing that brings any reason to Lynch's right now is the 1st post I made. Which I have clearly said I no longer do anymore.

Honestly, I'm neutral on everyone, so what I'll probably just do is place a random vote.

Like come on here, this is obviously such new town play that it's paining me that you guys aren't seeing it.

Also FOS on bbninjas here because I can only recall him being this insistent on a lynch candidate when he's scum. It's too different for me and I don't like it.
I'd also like to clarify that my "top scum reads" aren't exactly strong this game. They're about 60% scum, 40% town. It may not appear that way, but that's just how play.

I just had another look at Rainy's posts, and there is a bit of an improvement curve going on: Not Contributing ----> Reasonless Votes that aren't RVS ----> Sheeping without reasons ----> Giving reasons. However, there are confusing stuff like this randomly thrown about that cause him to jump all over my scumdar. And anyone that jumps all over my scumdar is scummy. This is my biggest problem with him.

I'll also just make it clear why I voted for Rainy in the first place. Rainyman made this completely out-of-the-blue vote on myself that basically didn't make sense. It was not because of the "rooting for scum" thing.

But we don't lynch for info - that's anti-town play. We shouldn't lynch a player because they give us the most info; we should lynch them because we think they're scum. You haven't provided anything that suggests rainy is scum.
I disagree with the "But we don't lynch for info". Going into Day 2, we should be maximising as much information as possible. You know that role information is generally withheld early game, so the only information a lot of us have is from the lynch. Optimal scum play is to lynch the players whose alignment will give as little information as possible on other players. Optimal town play is to lynch the scummiest players, and if there are multiple, then lynch the player who gives the most information.

Currently, Jesi and rainy are my top scum reads. Jesi as mentioned previously - sitting on the fence and a bit of backpedalling. I'm pretty sure town Jesi tends to tunnel a lot and be more confident. Jesi does backpedal as town too, which is why I'm a bit unsure here. My read on Jesi is very WIFOMy. I'd be happy with either Rainy or Jesi's lynch, but I think rainy will give more information than Jesi (see below). And I don't think TSM is scum.

And how would rainy's lynch provide info on Jesi and TSM? They haven't been associated with him and have no connection to him, so how would we get info off of them. The only player that could be associated with rainy is myself, as I suppose my defense of rainy could be seen as buddying. A scum rainy flip would, naturally, turn heads towards myself given my actions today.

Jesi defended rainy big time early game, and even later on. This here also sounds like scum not wanting to vote their buddy, but knowing that they have to as to avoid suspicion. TSM has been going for rainy's head much more than I would expect a scumbuddy to do. If rainy flips town, then I also read Jesi more town, since I don't think scum Jesi likes to defend town so obviously. It also gives us a lot of information on others (especially PP, NP, TGK and myself), because most players either feel strongly for or strongly against rainy's lynch.

Minus the confusion (which is obviously the new player thing. I've been playing here for years so I'm quite familiar with it, especially with a lot of the players here), TSM is doing the same stuff as rainy. He hasn't helped due to his vote park, and he's much less active than rainy is.
I don't really get what you're trying to say here. If TSM is doing the same stuff as rainy, and if you read rainy as town, then why is TSM scum?

If a scum dude dies, @bbninjas, your right. Jesi would probably be scum. However, ive already put up who I am and I am not scum. TSM is scummy because he's also jumped aboard the rainy train and has made little contribution to the discussion. In addition, he said that I would be useless and that I can contribute to nothing later in the game and also since he put a policy lynch on me and since then i have at least tried to contribute to the discussion and clear myself of that idea that obviously didn't work in duck hunt and also if you notice I wasn't a dog in DH. I would rather have a small chance to lynch mafia rather than vote some guy that probably isn't mafia just because he says he is, which even I know that that would be stupid, if I were mafia. It still isn't a good move for town, but very stupid for a mafia.

Some quick thoughts before I go to sleep.

Right now, I feel pretty sold on a Rainy lynch.

Every Night Period you may PM me to 2 names.

Also, am I the only one who found this part of Rainy's claim odd?

Jesi defended rainy big time early game, and even later on. This here also sounds like scum not wanting to vote their buddy, but knowing that they have to as to avoid suspicion. TSM has been going for rainy's head much more than I would expect a scumbuddy to do. If rainy flips town, then I also read Jesi more town, since I don't think scum Jesi likes to defend town so obviously.

However, this part here almost makes it sound like bb's trying to use this lynch to clear Jesi's name.. Depending on Rainy's flip, I may want to look into these two.

And @simsands I did 3 simple steps.

1. Copy the text that says who I am

2. Paste it into the thread.

3. Edit the name to Kid Fist-yo.

I just wanna do all I can to prove my innocence and at least not die day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back