News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
This card looks awesome! You can accelerate energy turn 1 with Forest of Giant Plants.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
The set stats also hints towards more Alola pokemon. which was gonna happen anyway as its such a defining mechanic for Sun & Moon but still awesome to have confirmation on it Now give us Alolan Gardevoir Game freak >:3
No, the stat said that this set includes 40 Pokémon from Alola, not 40 Alolan Pokémon...

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Since TPCi seems adamant in keeping the Burn markers in the ETBs, maybe we'll see it return with this set?

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
If it is true that we're no longer getting EXs/Megas, can we have a moment of silence for the Megas that never got to exist in the TCG;
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Latias
- Lopunny
- Pinsir
- Medicham
- Banette
- Abomasnow

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
If it is true that we're no longer getting EXs/Megas, can we have a moment of silence for the Megas that never got to exist in the TCG;
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Latias
- Lopunny
- Pinsir
- Medicham
- Banette
- Abomasnow

I would have loved a Mega Banette EX (oh the FA potential .3.)

MelancholyFairy

Tricky Fox
Honestly, right now I'm not sure what to think of Pokemon GX. We haven't seen a BREAK Pokemon yet either so I'm assuming they're combining EX and BREAK and making a "new mechanic" out of it? Except because the GX revealed last night is a stage 1, I'm under the impression that they want to create a slower meta-game within the next upcoming years, and not make it as possible to pull off a turn 1 24o damage. Also as of right now, I'm a bit heart broken we haven't seen any full art or max rarity cards yet.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Please don't pull a "Kalos" and only actually make 60 something alolan pokemon total. Please pokemon. PLEASE.

CrobatCommander

Aspiring Trainer
210 HP? You're telling me this Basic Pokémon has as much HP as my Mega Evolved Legendary?
It is not a Basic Pokemon, it evolves from Fomantis just like and regular stage 1 Pokemon would evolve, so it's not that good. (with Forest of Giant Plants it can be a threat though).

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
It'd be kind of cool if, as far as evolving GX Pokemon, we also had playable non-GX counterparts that complemented them well.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Still desperately hoping EXs and at least the Mega's that haven't had their time to shine will return. It'd be a shame if we never got a Mega Lopunny or a Mega Sableye.

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
So if Lurantis is 6/60 in the Japanese one, that means that Rowlet's final evo doesn't have two forms?
1. Rowlet
2. Dartrix
3. Let's call him Robinroot ;)
4. Fomantis
5. Lurantis
6. Lurantis GX

Or would that just be for the one of either the sun or moon set? and the other final evolution form would be in the other one?

I am hoping for two, that would be a great change to the series :)

- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Latias
- Lopunny
- Pinsir
- Medicham
- Banette
- Abomasnow

My collection will forever be incomplete :(

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Thats not right, even Snorlax GX has less HP. Laurantis evolves once and has 210HP as a GX. Now what about those that evolve twice will they go closer to 250HP?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
So if Lurantis is 6/60 in the Japanese one, that means that Rowlet's final evo doesn't have two forms?
1. Rowlet
2. Dartrix
3. Let's call him Robinroot ;)
4. Fomantis
5. Lurantis
6. Lurantis GX

Or would that just be for the one of either the sun or moon set? and the other final evolution form would be in the other one?

I am hoping for two, that would be a great change to the series :)

Basically, we don't know. Assuming a normal evolution progression like a regular Starter, Rowlet and his evolutions will probably only appear in one set, but we don't know if they'll be in Collection Sun or Collection Moon. If they do end up doing the "Split Evo" thing like some people are theorizing, the starters might appear in both sets, or even just have the second stage in each set. Either way, we haven't even had confirmation or denial of that theory yet, and Lurantis's numbering doesn't really help much when it's the only number we know.

Cherokee

Aspiring Trainer
If they are not printing Pokemon EX, is the game changing to be more of a basic game again with overpowering moves that can be used once a game. Game changer!

daniil123

Aspiring Trainer
Interested to see if ultra beasts are included in the tcg and whether they get their own mechanic as well

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Most of the pokemon revelaed so far are basic or stage 1, and we are at around 50 pokemon. So I think it will go beyond XY number but not by that much.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
My collection will forever be incomplete :(
Not gonna lie, they should at least release the rest of the megas just so all of them can exist. Heck some of them could've been in older sets;
- Camerupt and Sharpedo in Primal Clash (their base form EXs were in the set)
- Latias in Roaring Skies (to join Latios)
- Medicham in Fates Collide
- Pinsir and Banette in Steam Siege (seeing as those two megas appeared in the movie which was the set's theme)
- Sableye and Abomasnow could've had their own collection boxes.