News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Mew
Not nearly as useful as the FC Mew. And vulnerable to Garbotoxin.

Mewtwo
YAS! Oldschool Mewtwo's updated version is ready for battle!

Gyarados
The art for the card will always be one of my favorites. But as for its updated attacks? So disappointed. :( How ugly is that 2-coin flip???

Rattata
Will be the Tool Card remover for Standard for now, since Startling Megaphone will be out due to rotation. Plus, easy to put into play with Level Ball. A Top Percentage common card!

Poliwhirl
Good attack-blocker early in the game. :)

Starmie
Will probably be used a lot in Greninja(BREAK) decks.

Slowbro-EX
Derp. IMO it's a weaker version of the stalling Wailord-EX. However, Stand-In/Escape Rope + Manaphy-EX's ability might make it usable though.

M-Slowbro-EX
Lol Mega derp. Definitely also relies on Stand-In/Escape Rope + Manaphy support. Or Chaos Tower (eye roll)

Snorlax
Sad, 4 Colorless Energy and only 50 damage. The ability is still useful though.

Congratulations TPCi, you just invented the first legal money-printing machine. All the people getting into the TCG via GO asking about how to buy the "original 151" just got their answer.

That Rattata is top percentage alright.
I don't really enjoy looking at the Base Set EX template. Looks like a fake card you would find on the internet. I must have those sleeves and coins as well. I'm just wondering what the BREAKs will look like.

Ummm there is an error with the Charmeleon update.

The text in the article pertains to the old Edition 1 / Base Set Charmeleon, not the XY12 updated version. The XY12 Charmeleon has 90HP and its attacks do 50 and 90 damage, respectively :)

Oh my god. I'm already broke as it is! Now this is here!?

Rest in peace wallet...

That Starmie might see play in Mega Sceptile decks. It could make Jagged Saber much more consistent.

That Rattata will be nice for tool removal.

Yes!

Lysandre up the Garbador

Drop Ratatta, use Rattata's ability to remove tool from Garbador to re-enable Abilit...wait

That Mewtwo is solid though... not X-Ball, but also not an EX and still hitting pretty hard. For a DCE, it could hit a Volcanion EX with 3 energy attached for 90 if it has a FFB. It could also hard counter M Mewtwo Y EX - with 3 energy, it does 180 damage, if 4 it's OHKO.

Last edited:
I do believe that Charmeleon's lash attack does 50 damage instead of 35 damage, as printed.

This is exactly they set we need and deserve right now. Dang Japanese though...they get everything and get to do everything. Though it sucks Gyarados went from having resistance to fighting to none.

Going to use Charizard in a deck for sure though. Speaking of which, Charmeleon's description is a typo and still says the original damages instead of the new ones.

Wow just wow.... IDK what you are all thinking but...
A. They made M Slowbro and Slowbro to look like older cards and that is just awesome!!
B. Why another Charizard? At least its a nice easter egg to the manga.
C. Rattat is inherently our tool counter now but it will have no effect on Garb sadly.

Anyone else notice how Mega Slowbro's Attack on tha actual card has a + sign next to the 100? Most cards with a similar effect like that don't have a + sign, and, for example, Mega Blaziken Ex.

Last edited:
This is so good even when revealing each common and uncommon card I'll be excited, including that Rattata.

I've been wanting the CD promo of the starter trios evolution for a long time. Looks like it will still be exclusive to Japan still. These artworks were also used for the box art and cartridge art of the original games.

I hope revealing the Poliwhirl doesn't mean there won't be a Poliwrath, don't leave it like that.

Lastly I'm really liking the holofoil patterns hopefully they stay like this in the English version.

Anyone else notice how Mega Slowbro's Attack on tha actual card has a + sign next to the 100? Most cards with a similar effect like that don't have a + sign, and, for example, Mega Blaziken Ex.
I'm not really sure because I can't think of an old school card with a similar effect, however maybe there are old school cards with that effect that had a plus could be wrong though

Back