Next Batch of 'Sun' and 'Moon' News Coming August 1st!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nice! I was hoping we'd get some news before next week's CoroCoro.

Now let's hope they reveal more than just Pokemon. The Pokemon have been getting so much focus in news reveals lately and we don't really know a lot about anything else.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Hopefully some old pokemon get some regular evolutions and NOT megas (Weezing evolution that would be poison/fire would be nice)

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Nice! I was hoping we'd get some news before next week's CoroCoro.

Now let's hope they reveal more than just Pokemon. The Pokemon have been getting so much focus in news reveals lately and we don't really know a lot about anything else.

New Megas maybe? That'd sure be nice, assuming they continue to make them.
WE WANT MEGAS!! (Protest)
Hopefully some old pokemon get some regular evolutions and NOT megas (Weezing evolution that would be poison/fire would be nice)
I hope so.

I already marked my calendar for that.

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Hopefully the next info won't be about some new pokemon again. I mean, sure new pokemon is good and all, but we practically haven't got any clue about the game itself.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I actually enjoy that they're choosing to reveal Pokémon instead of Story elements. I like the mystery.

It's not the story elements I'm concerned about, there's a lot of major gameplay mechanics that they haven't talked about. What are they doing with gyms? What are they doing with Mega Evolutions? What are these bracelets and super moves? Those kinds of gameplay elements could make or break the game for some people, so those are good things to know about.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, who knows? They might give us:
New Pokemon
New mega evolutions
Show us more of the Alola region
The starters' secondary evolutions
A sort of explanation about what those bracelets are (they'll probably keep the majority of the story a secret), Another Guardian Pokemon like Tapu Koko
Another feature.
Gym leaders (or reason why there is a lack of)
New evolutions for old Pokemon

It's an awesome hype train they have running here but if they give us too much of the information before the games comes out, we might be bored when the games in November because they've revealed everything (very unlikely because even though they revealed almost everything for ORAS, I still spent 200 hours in Alpha Sapphire), the same problem we had with ORAS (the only surprise was the Delta Episode and the fact that there was no Battle Frontier).

Last edited:

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
I love the fact they have been throwing out so much news lately. To think we weren't getting anything concrete until May and now we are suddenly bombarded with news left and right. That being said, I would like to see more human characters get revealed. I find it a bit weird that not a single gym leader has been shown so far which is a shame because for me personally gym leaders are what I'm most excited about (after new pokemon of course). I'm also curious about the status of mega evolutions. On one hand, the fact they haven't mentioned it anywhere so far leads me to believe they dropped the concept for this game. On the flip side, I find it hard to believe they would abandon something that had such a profound impact on metagame. If they opt to reveal new pokemon again I would like to see evolutions/pre-evolutions of some past 'mons.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I would defnitely love to see Weezing get a new evolution. Others that might benefit from getting a new evolution include Kadabra (give it an alternative evolution to Alakazam), Farfetch'd (badly needs one!) Muk, Electrode, Seadra (alternative evolution), Seaking, Jynx, Furret, Ledian, Ariados, Sudowoodo, Qwilfish, Corsola, Stantler, Linoone, Claydol, Absol, Pachirisu, Chatot, Drapion, Lumineon, Liepard, Zebstrika, Stunfisk, and Pyroar. Those that could benefit from having a pre-evolution include Vulpix, Seel, Drowzee, Lickitung, Tangela, Scyther, Lapras, Gligar, Delibird, Skarmory, Wailmer, Numel, Spinda, Absol, Luvdisc + Alomomola, Hippopotas, Carnivine, Throh + Sawk, Maractus, Druddigon, Carbink, and Bergmite.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I'd like to see some of the story, some mega evolutions, and the reveal of the new mechanic and what it does. Maybe a couple new Pokemon, but I think we've had enough of those by this point. It's August and that's only 3 months before November. It's time to start revealing bigger things then just some random new Pokemon.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
So we got 25 Pokémon revealed so far. We know for sure that all 3 starters will have 2 evolutions, and that Tapu Koko is part of a quartet, so that brings the "known" Pokémon slots to 34. If this generation isn't going to be Unova-big, I hope they stop revealing new Pokémon so I can discover them on my own. I tried to get spoiler free after Tapu Koko and the others were revealed, but even places like Facebook explodes when there's new Pokémon revealed...

collinhall

Aspiring Trainer
I think my biggest want for Alola is more evolutions for old Pokemon. I'm beginning to think that they aren't really interesting in doing that anymore though, since we got basically no new evolutions in BW/XY other than sylveon

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I would defnitely love to see Weezing get a new evolution. Others that might benefit from getting a new evolution include Kadabra (give it an alternative evolution to Alakazam), Farfetch'd (badly needs one!) Muk, Electrode, Seadra (alternative evolution), Seaking, Jynx, Furret, Ledian, Ariados, Sudowoodo, Qwilfish, Corsola, Stantler, Linoone, Claydol, Absol, Pachirisu, Chatot, Drapion, Lumineon, Liepard, Zebstrika, Stunfisk, and Pyroar. Those that could benefit from having a pre-evolution include Vulpix, Seel, Drowzee, Lickitung, Tangela, Scyther, Lapras, Gligar, Delibird, Skarmory, Wailmer, Numel, Spinda, Absol, Luvdisc + Alomomola, Hippopotas, Carnivine, Throh + Sawk, Maractus, Druddigon, Carbink, and Bergmite.
I just have the need to say this, but with the exception of eeveelutions, I don't think they'll touch older Pokemon unless for mega evolution. Generation IV had about 30 evolutions and pre-evolutions from past Pokemon. I think that was what they were doing. Finishing all the old lines so that they wouldn't go back to making evolutions for old Pokemon.

I may be I the minority here as well, but I don't want any new evolutions of old Pokemon. Why? Not every Pokemon has to have an evolution. Secondly, I want Ken Sugimori and his team to be thinking about newer Pokemon rather than just evolutions. I have much more interest in learning about new Pokemon, what they do, what's so special about them, rather than just saying, "Oh... Jynx's evolution (example)... Meh". Secondly, I know Mega Evolution is a pain, but I'd still count it as some sort of shape or form of an evolution of your old Pokemon. The only real differences are they don't take up space in the Pokedex, and you can only use one in battle.

In my opinion, and expectations, other than eeveelutions, we won't be getting new evolutions of old Pokemon for a long while, and I'll bet this will be like Unova or Hoenn with NONE. Besides, the only real generations to do this are Gens II and IV, which now that there are 7, makes up a small portion of the generations (Not counting gen 6 because it's an eeveelution, and those really don't count).

Last edited:

Anees Azeemi

Thine mother is a land strange
I would love to see some MEGAs and the fossils BUT more importantly I would like to see more legendarys for example some news about marshadow (if it exists).

Does anyone think that the mascot of Pokemon SUN, Solgaleo resembles a lot to Pyroar and the mascot of Pokemon MOON, Lunaala resembles a lot to Noivern. Could that be that these mascots have some connection to those pokemon (MEGA evolution or just normal evolution or some other connection).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray11

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope we get some insight to the story, maybe a bit about the evil team etc..
I also don't mind some MEGAS. Gotta admit I hated them at first, but started to love them, since they are a nice replacement for ordinary evolution.

With that said, I hope we don't get evolutions of previous generation Pokemon. Or if anything, I hope we don't get a lot of them. I think not every Pokemon needs to evolve, it's also more unique this way.

I want to hear a bit about new mechanic too, but I don't know how I feel about whole personalized Pokemon or attack moves etc.. Meh. Not gonna judge before hand since I hated megas at first too.