Bounsweet, Bewear, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Wimpod!

that wimp out ability on wimpod will make it a pain to catch, almost as bad as teleporting Abras and those legendaries that run around the world map.

Bounsweet is sweet! :3

I like the Comfey design aswell, it remind me of Flabébé, so maybe a really beautiful evolution :D
About Bounsweet, it reminds me of Cherubi, its also so cute, but I hope for a better evolution then Cherrim... Cherrim is beautiful when the sun shines...

Bounsweet can Evolve something with a White body... if you see already his body is pulling out the fruit x)

The Horse is also a great design, but I don't like Pokémon like that, it will definitley not have a evolution or something, like Tauros/Bouffalant...
But yeah we wont know till they reveal everything.

And I dont know why they keep saying its a bear... about Bewear, it looks so familiar with the Red Panda, I know Panda's are bears but still red panda is not a bear species... :( Also he was fighting a Pangoro in the trailer... so hope for a pre-evolution like Pancham :O That would be so cute!

I actually like all of the revealed pokemon until now, including Bruxish and Bewear whom I don't really like at first.

Now, give me my copy of Pokemon Moon! I want to play it so bad after watching that. :p

Mimikyu's ability is a free Substitute, amazing!!

And wow, they are all beautiful! Incredibile, this 7 gen is gonna be awesome!!!!

EDIT: Oh gosh, the new training sistem allows you to expand your lv.100 Pokémon's IVs!! F*** you cheaters! Now you don't have any excuses!!!

Heh. Bewear.

Groudon's weight: 2,094.4 lbs.
Mudsdale's weight: 2028.3 lbs.
Primal Groudon's weight: 2,204.4 lbs.

That's terrifying. Either Groudon weights too little or Mudsdale weights too much. Would not want a Mudsdale galloping in my hood.

I actually like all of the revealed pokemon until now, including Bruxish and Bewear whom I don't really like at first.

Now, give me my copy of Pokemon Moon! I want to play it so bad after watching that. :p
I like all pokemon revealed as well. From this batch my least favorite is wimpod, followed by comfey. I really love the horse and the little fruit is very cute as they tend to be. I like Bewear even more now, although I expected its mouth to be located within the white muzzle, not under it, and that bothers me a little. I was pretty indifferent towards mimikyu but I definitely like it much more now and that ability it's pretty sweet too.

Hyper training is very interesting. My first thought was that we were going to be able to increase the IVs of ANY pokemon, even those with perfect IVs, but after a second look at the trailer it looks like Pikachu's Iv growth stopped at 31. If true is still interesting since you'll be able to make pokemon you we're attached too and weren't competitively viable much better.

Last edited:
Out of all these I only like Wimpod, mainly because it looks very prehistoric-like (my favorite Pokemon design).

Also, 1+ for being my favorite type, bug

Bounsweet is actually really cute too ;D

I feel like 95% of grass pokemon & about 50% of water pokemon have weather based abilities, and since the nerf of weather conditions I just feel like these abilities are useless. I wish they would come up with some original abilities that do not rely on weather :(

Confey MUST be related to the Flabebe line. The pure fairy type with a ton of flowers gave it away. Also, that horse must be stocking up on Pokeblocks, its almost as heavy as BASE GROUDON.

Well, we found out why people actually got into this game.

Damn you Mimikyu. You freak of nature.

I'm more interested in looking at the Pokemon in the trailer fighting the Comfey tbh

Last edited:
holy crap Bonusweet's flavour is depressing.
Unfortunately, it’s sometimes swallowed whole by Pokemon drawn to its aroma.
Bounsweet flees danger by skipping along the ground. Since its bouncy movements don’t convey to others that it’s actually in desperate flight, no one ever comes to its aid.

I love it when we get more than we were expecting. We knew Bewear and Mimikyu would get an official reveal but then boom 4 more for a surprise. Surskit no longer has a unique typing, here's hoping if Wimpod evolves it'll keep its types.

And yet we still know nothing about the storyline of the game, no info on gyms or the evil team. Got to hand it to marketing on this gen they've built a powerful hype train.

I look at Bounsweet and I see the face of Whimsicott. :-X

Also; the Clydesdale Pokemon (Mudsdale) looks really sweet. Plus, I really like Comfey; being like a floral wreath.

These Pokemon are all pretty interesting (with the exception of Bounsweet):

Bounsweet is the least interesting as it has no new abilities and just plain grass typing. It also looks like it should of been Cherubi's evolution (maybe it's a branch evolution/probably not)). Bounsweet will probably have one evolution.

Bewear; awesome name. It's new ability, Fluffy, is perfect for balancing out Bewear. Not taking it's ability into consideration, it is weak to Fairy, Flying, Fighting and Psychic. With it's new ability, Bewear becomes weak to Fire but any physical moves from it's weaknesses will be reduced to neutral damaging moves. The thing that interests me is if it is hit with a physical Fire type move such as Fire Punch, will it be a neutral move? Bewear probably has no evolutions.

Comfey's ability is pretty good; Triage allows restorative moves to always go first, matter what. It may be somewhat useless competitively on this Pokemon but this ability could be go for Pokemon with healing moves. It may or may not have an evolution.

Mudsdale seems to a defensive powerhouse; it's Stamina ability allows it to practically use a Defense Curl and up it's defense by 1 and it's new move Highhorse Power seems pretty powerful. One thing that interests me about Mudsdale is it's weight; it weighs barely less than Groudon, the heaviest Pokemon so far with Mudsdale weighing 2028.3 Ibs and Groudon weighing 2094.4 Ibs. It's seems ridiculously heavy, especially when you consider that Mudsdale is only 8'02" while Groudon is 11'06". Probably won't have an evolution.

Mimikyu's Ghost/Fairy typing is awesome; it only has Steel and Ghost as it's weaknesses and it is immune to Dragon, Fighting and Normal. It's ability is also awesome, being an automatic substitute. Even though it says it can only use this ability once, I wonder if you can reset the ability by switching it out (Probably not since that would make it incredibly overpowered.) It may or may not have an evolution (It might be similar to the Scraggy/Scrafty line).

And last but not least, Wimpod. Wimpod doesn't bring much new other than it's new ability, which isn't that useful in battle and seems there just annoy trainers trying to catch it (even though it can easily be overcome by throwing a Pokeball (any Pokeball really) at it when your Pokemon is a higher level and just hoping you catch it). It might have one or two evolutions (praying that it has two)

As for the new features:

Friendly Competitions seems like a good way for tournaments to be held at Regionals, Nationals and Worlds and seems a good way for unofficial tournaments to be held as well. Probably won't see much outside of those two possibilities unless used as practice against online competitors in preparation for Regionals, Nationals and Worlds.

Hyper Training is extremely interesting. It allows you to make your level 100 even stronger (people are going to have a lot of level 100 Pokemon thanks to the duplication glitch in Red/Blue). I wonder how it'll work; all we know is that we can make you level 100 Pokemon stronger by increasing their stats; we don't how much we can increase them by.

The trailer shows us Pikachu's stats increase from:
Hp: 185 -> 211 : +26
Attack: 125 -> 146 : +21
Defense: 92 -> 116 : +24
Speed: 194 -> 216 : +22
Sp Def: 103 -> 122 : +19
Sp Atk: 134 -> 149 : +15

The bottle cap feature is also interesting. It's interesting because it's a technically a permanent stat-raising item thanks to Mr. Hyper training your Pokemon for them. Does this mean that they'll be hard to find in game or will you have to use BP to get them through battling at a place such as the Battle Maison?

Also, according to Serebii, the Japanese Pokemon site elaborates and states that Magearna is holding a Silver Bottle Cap, meaning there will most likely be different types of bottle caps, allowing for a bigger or smaller stat increase based on their worth.

Mimikyu is probably tied with Drampa for my favourite Pokémon from Sun/Moon so far, but I'm also really intrigued by Bounsweet (which I keep wanting to call Bonusweet). I'm usually a sucker for cute-looking Grass-types, and I'm anxious to see what its evolutionary line looks like. Since I'm probably going with Litten as my starter, I may pick that guy up as my Grass-type.

Wimpod for the win. Some very interesting abilities were revealed here. I see they are really pushing with those that involve stat increase if damage has been taken. Also, another flower pokemon that is a pure fairy type?

I really like the names for these Pokémon *Cough* Bewear *Cough* and also the designs of all of them. Hosting competitions has actually been something I've wanted, really bad. Shiny Wimpods will be pains to catch if they have low catch rate. RIP Surskit's unique typing.

Back