• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vixen Flare - Delphox BREAK/Flareon EX

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Another set, another deck! This time I tried to build it around an existing deck strategy, though I have the feeling that if older XY sets go out of rotation in August, I'll have to rebuild it by removing the older cards.

I based it around the deck in this video:
but seeing I didn't have all the cards I needed (Either lacking duplicates of Trainer/Supporter cards or not having all the correct number of Pokémon), I substituted those so I could use cards with similar effects (Not enough Rare Candy cards, so I used Wally to fill in the blanks for example). It's also the first deck with both minimalistic Basic Pokémon and Energy cards.

Here's the decklist

Pokémon:

Fennekin x 4 (FC 10 and 11
Braixen x 3 (FC 12)
Delphox X 4 (1 XY 26, 3 FC 13)
Delphox BREAK x 2 (FC 14)
Delphox EX x 1 (XY19)
Flareon EX x 2 (Generations RC 6 and 28)
Shaymin EX x 1 (RSK 106) (Proxy - current copy is in Rayquaza deck, but can be swapped over when needed for tournaments)
Moltres x 1 (FC 9)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

Startling Megaphone X 1 (FF 97)
Professor Sycamore X 2
Lysandre X 2 (FF 90 and 104)
Escape Rope x 2
Fiery Torch X 3 (FF 85)
VS Seeker x 1
Skyla X 4
Blacksmith x 4 (FF 88)
Rare Candy x 2
Wally x 2
Ultra Ball x 4
Town Map x 1
Scorched Earth x 3 (FC 110)

Energy:

Fire Energy X 11

The general theme for it is to get Delphox BREAK into play as quickly as possible to use Flare Witch to either power itself or Flareon EX. Flareon EX can be used to shift energies around should Delphox gets into trouble. Shaymin EX and Delphox with Mystical Fire can be used to replenish my hand, and Scorched Earth/Fiery Torch can be used in conjunction with Blacksmith to drop energies to draw cards, then to place the discarded energies onto a Pokémon. Town Map can be easily searched out with Skyla (Pending it doesn't end up in the prize cards) to allow me to see them, as well as allowing me to choose which prize card will provide the most benefits.

And because the deck's revolving around fiery witchcraft, I thought these sleeves would be perfect for it:IMG_20160615_185421.jpg

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Have you tested N vs. Professor Sycamore yet? With the card-draw power of the deck, N seems a bit more effective since it will disrupt your opponent's hand, but you can still potentially draw lots more cards.

You may also want to consider a Pokémon Fan Club (-1 Skyla) to help get your bench setup as fast as possible.

Lastly, consider replacing the Town Map with either a Professor's Letter or Energy Retrieval to help ensure you have energy to manually attach from hand or to discard for Scorched Earth.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Hemos

Have you tested N vs. Professor Sycamore yet? With the card-draw power of the deck, N seems a bit more effective since it will disrupt your opponent's hand, but you can still potentially draw lots more cards.

You may also want to consider a Pokémon Fan Club (-1 Skyla) to help get your bench setup as fast as possible.

Lastly, consider replacing the Town Map with either a Professor's Letter or Energy Retrieval to help ensure you have energy to manually attach from hand or to discard for Scorched Earth.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I have one N and I pulled another today, so I could swap two Sycamore for it, and I can swap the Skyla out no probs.

I'll see which of the two works for replacing Town Map, possibly something that helps get them out of the discard pile or back into the deck (the latter to benefit Flare Witch)

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
I use Dedenne to help set up my bench. I hate using EX's because of 2 prize count. My deck runs pretty smooth. Beat the best in our gym last week with it.

Hemos

I use Dedenne to help set up my bench. I hate using EX's because of 2 prize count. My deck runs pretty smooth. Beat the best in our gym last week with it.
I also use Entei as an attacker as well.

I'll have to see if I have any of those Dedenne. Trying not to use too many older cards in case they're put out of rotation soon. The Flareon EX work great in this deck due to the energy transfer effect, and the Delphox EX is a substitute considering I don't have a third Delphox BREAK. I don't think I have any Entei.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Mew's attack allows you to search for a Pokemon. Dedenne allows you to find 2 basic. If you play 1 Dimension Valley, Mew can use Entei's attack for 1 energy and Delphox for 2. Mew takes colorless. Also, I run 2 XY Delphox and 2 Fates. The extra XY gives more drawing power.

Hemos

Mew's attack allows you to search for a Pokemon. Dedenne allows you to find 2 basic. If you play 1 Dimension Valley, Mew can use Entei's attack for 1 energy and Delphox for 2. Mew takes colorless. Also, I run 2 XY Delphox and 2 Fates. The extra XY gives more drawing power.

I know I probably don't have any DImension Valley cause I never really brought any Phantom Forces (Was in Ireland for some time, and by the time the Tesco got any in, the later sets were out and my attention was on that ^^; As for the XY Delphox, I only had the one. I can try to get another one, but if it goes out of rotation in the next two months it'll be a bit of a pointless swap out (I have a fourth FC Delphox ready to swap out if/when that happens). Plus using Dimension Valley could end up backfiring quite nastily if I play against anyone using Psychic decks, and I know some people who do ^^;

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I know what you mean about another Psychic. I usually discard and just use his attack to set up. I also have 2 more Delphox for the rotation. I will just switch out when they get rotated out. I don't use Firey Torch and have 2 Bridgett and I think 1 Fisherman. Also have 1 Hex just in case. I try to have more supporters than items because of item locks. N works great and can buy time against Night March.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Another Break would help. I don't have a Shaymin, so the other XY Delphox us in replacement. I can't afford Shaymin.

Hemos

Yeah, I know what you mean about another Psychic. I usually discard and just use his attack to set up. I also have 2 more Delphox for the rotation. I will just switch out when they get rotated out. I don't use Firey Torch and have 2 Bridgett and I think 1 Fisherman. Also have 1 Hex just in case. I try to have more supporters than items because of item locks. N works great and can buy time against Night March.
Another Break would help. I don't have a Shaymin, so the other XY Delphox us in replacement. I can't afford Shaymin.

As soon as Karen comes out, I plan on getting a few copies of those in an attempt to cripple any Night March decks I go against. The Shaymin I got was from a pack, it was originally going to be for trade but it was damaged in pack, so I kept it for myself.

5h4d0w

Aspiring Trainer
Ive been running a test deck similar to this and had a 1-1 ninetales stadium lock to avoid stadium wars and lock to scorched earth. You should try it out

Xezool

Aspiring Trainer
Let me tell you where you went wrong, you watched darkintegral and actually made a list based off his. NEVER GO BY HIS LISTS EVER!!!

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
In my deck I run 2 Sycamores and 4 N. It may seem like a steep line, but to me has proved to be better. First of all, N helps these slow decks so why not run him. And the reason for a high count of him is because of the Delphox with Mystical Fire from XY Base. You always draw 6 cards when your opponent may be hand disrupted if they are low on prizes and can't get their hand size back up. I do feel two XY Delphoxs are better than one being able to draw cards as fast as possible.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
My deck works and is competitive. That's all I really care about. Am I going for National or World type decks, no. I just hate getting beat every week at our league. I try to create and run decks that are out of the norm. Currently I am seeing a TON of Greninja BREAK decks, Valplume, and Night March. Seismatoad is also prevalent. Did I watch Dark Integral, yes, however I also looked at other lists here in Deck Garage and played with several variations before I got the one that I think is most competitive. I do my research and try to come up with a budget friendly deck for me and also my son. He plays night march, now and I am working on another deck to replace that once the rotation hits. I cannot afford ShayminEX's, Jolteon EX's, VS Seekers, Battle Compressors, and NOW Greninja Breaks. I do have 6 VS seekers, and 4 battle compressors, and the likelihood of me paying marked price for more, is doubtful. My son likes to play with EX's because they are "cool". I hate playing with EX's, because of the 2 prize card loss. He wants me to build a Umbreon EX deck because of his 4 card prize for MEGA knock outs, but I am trying to explain to him that it would be a risky deck. That and the fact that it's a coin flip for the MEGA catcher. This Delphox deck and my Serperior deck I am testing and tweeking seem to be competitive. I appreciate all the feedback we all give each other and it helps me with ideas. I think we all do our research and come up with what is best for our individual styles of play.

Hemos

Let me tell you where you went wrong, you watched darkintegral and actually made a list based off his. NEVER GO BY HIS LISTS EVER!!!
To be honest, it's a friend who suggested that one to me, I've got no knowledge of the guy ^^;