• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vixen Flare - Delphox BREAK/Flareon EX

Ive been running a test deck similar to this and had a 1-1 ninetales stadium lock to avoid stadium wars and lock to scorched earth. You should try it out

What set are the Vulpix/Ninetales from? People keep suggesting cards and not telling me what sets to find them in ^^;

In my deck I run 2 Sycamores and 4 N. It may seem like a steep line, but to me has proved to be better. First of all, N helps these slow decks so why not run him. And the reason for a high count of him is because of the Delphox with Mystical Fire from XY Base. You always draw 6 cards when your opponent may be hand disrupted if they are low on prizes and can't get their hand size back up. I do feel two XY Delphoxs are better than one being able to draw cards as fast as possible.

I've got plenty of copies of Sycamore, but I only have two copies of N that I know of. As for the XY Delphox, as I said above I only have the one copy. I could try and look for another copy if it's cheap enough, but given it could possibly go out of rotation two months from now it could be a bit of a bad move to get one.

My deck works and is competitive. That's all I really care about. Am I going for National or World type decks, no. I just hate getting beat every week at our league. I try to create and run decks that are out of the norm. Currently I am seeing a TON of Greninja BREAK decks, Valplume, and Night March. Seismatoad is also prevalent. Did I watch Dark Integral, yes, however I also looked at other lists here in Deck Garage and played with several variations before I got the one that I think is most competitive. I do my research and try to come up with a budget friendly deck for me and also my son. He plays night march, now and I am working on another deck to replace that once the rotation hits. I cannot afford ShayminEX's, Jolteon EX's, VS Seekers, Battle Compressors, and NOW Greninja Breaks. I do have 6 VS seekers, and 4 battle compressors, and the likelihood of me paying marked price for more, is doubtful. My son likes to play with EX's because they are "cool". I hate playing with EX's, because of the 2 prize card loss. He wants me to build a Umbreon EX deck because of his 4 card prize for MEGA knock outs, but I am trying to explain to him that it would be a risky deck. That and the fact that it's a coin flip for the MEGA catcher. This Delphox deck and my Serperior deck I am testing and tweeking seem to be competitive. I appreciate all the feedback we all give each other and it helps me with ideas. I think we all do our research and come up with what is best for our individual styles of play.

Out of the club I go to, I've only seen one Greninja BREAK deck. Night March decks there are more prevailant, but thankfully aren't that common. Hell, I was playing a small tournament the other week and I just passed on the round cause I was playing against someone with a Night March deck - I'd rather have a match that can prove a challenge rather than play someone who just runs the gimmick of milling their deck to get Night March Pokémon in their discard pile to strengthen the one Pokémon. I'll honestly be glad when Karen gets localised, mainly because if Night March survives the rotation, I can just screw over everyone who runs that deck if I use 4 Karen and 4 VS Seeker together - make them use up all their mill cards and they'll have no Pokémon there to do any damage.

Out of the club I go to, I've only seen one Greninja BREAK deck. Night March decks there are more prevailant, but thankfully aren't that common. Hell, I was playing a small tournament the other week and I just passed on the round cause I was playing against someone with a Night March deck - I'd rather have a match that can prove a challenge rather than play someone who just runs the gimmick of milling their deck to get Night March Pokémon in their discard pile to strengthen the one Pokémon. I'll honestly be glad when Karen gets localised, mainly because if Night March survives the rotation, I can just screw over everyone who runs that deck if I use 4 Karen and 4 VS Seeker together - make them use up all their mill cards and they'll have no Pokémon there to do any damage.

I am with you there. I also hate going against decks with nothing but EX's. I, like yourself, want a challange and not a deck that takes 30 seconds to build. LOL

I am with you there. I also hate going against decks with nothing but EX's. I, like yourself, want a challange and not a deck that takes 30 seconds to build. LOL

Whilst most decks I run will use EXs if its to run to a theme (Like Charizards, for example), the only EX-heavy deck I currently have is a Mega Rayquaza deck. Which is kinda the point of that one, getting a bench full of Pokémon out with the likes of Shaymin and Hoopa so Emerald Break does maximum damage.

The Luxray BREAK deck I made recently only has the one EX in it (Magnazone EX, to keep with the Lightning theme), as it's more or less aiming about getting the Luxrays out as quickly as possible, and whilst my Zoroark BREAK deck does have EXs, they're more secondary as the main focus is getting Zoroark BREAK out and just Foul Playing to a knockout. Though having Malamar EX's ability to put the opponent's Pokémon to sleep by just putting an energy card on it can be a lifesaver.

But yeah, I do prefer having a challenge in tournament plays over casual when applicable, and Night March isn't a challenge ^^;

Don't get me wrong, I too use EX's in a couple decks. Also, like you its usually a second attacker except in the case of my Kingdra EX/Raikou/Magnezone deck. I built that as a modification to my Raikou/Magnezone/Pikachu EX deck and am still making adjustments. I also have a Sceptile EX/Leafeon EX deck that is pretty competitive as well. My son would have all EX's if it were up to him. I have 4 Flareon EX's in hand that I cannot figure out what to do with. They were originally in this Delphox deck, but I removed them.

Don't get me wrong, I too use EX's in a couple decks. Also, like you its usually a second attacker except in the case of my Kingdra EX/Raikou/Magnezone deck. I built that as a modification to my Raikou/Magnezone/Pikachu EX deck and am still making adjustments. I also have a Sceptile EX/Leafeon EX deck that is pretty competitive as well. My son would have all EX's if it were up to him. I have 4 Flareon EX's in hand that I cannot figure out what to do with. They were originally in this Delphox deck, but I removed them.

I could do with another of the Flareon EX cards, but main priority is trying to get another Delphox BREAK so I can either swap out the Moltres or the Delphox EX for it.

Back