Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

wolfhavoc

Aspiring Trainer
Those theme deck names...I wonder what they'll be. I get the decks will feature one of the dual-types. Possibly the two dual-types that haven't been revealed.

Gears of Fire is definitely metal/fire, so...Heatran? Ring of Lightning isn't as obvious. Ring makes me think fairy-type, but the only fairy and electric type is dedenne, and surely that's not getting a deck. Maybe water/electric? Lanturn?
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Volcanion and Hoopa, since they will have non-EX cards in the set.

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
So how many EX has Gardevoir had now?
I like Gardevoir too, but really wish they'd spread the love a bit more...

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
Those theme deck names...I wonder what they'll be. I get the decks will feature one of the dual-types. Possibly the two dual-types that haven't been revealed.

Gears of Fire is definitely metal/fire, so...Heatran? Ring of Lightning isn't as obvious. Ring makes me think fairy-type, but the only fairy and electric type is dedenne, and surely that's not getting a deck. Maybe water/electric? Lanturn?
Maybe Ring of Lightning will be based around Hoopa and Ampharos. Hoopa - Ring, and Ampharos - Lightning.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
EDIT: i keep thinking about pyroar break. how many pokemon have a base damage on their attack that exceeds their own total hp? its crazy. off the top of my head all i can think of is tyrantrum ex.
You forgot M-Charizard... they do 300 freaking damage :D

And wow, I really hope Clawitzer BREAK will be good, I love Clawitzer :p

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
This artist's artwork kinda reminds me of the Vending Machine cards... Would have liked to see Nidoking as a dual Psychic/Fighting but ok...

Yog

Rogue
Like I said earlier, this will be a good option for Rainbow Force, because it adds two types, and can be a replacement for FLF Druddigon. This is like previously stated, it adds two types to power up Xerneas' Rainbow Force attack, and has a move that does the same amount of damage unfortunately, but only takes one energy, so it can be easily powered up with a Fairy Energy if need be.

I wouldn't get too hyped for making dual-types work with Rainbow force.

M Gardevoir-EX (Fairy/Psychic) / M Steelix-EX (Metal/Fighting) - Megas that would take too much space.

Bisharp (Darkness/Metal) / Azumarill (Fairy/Water) / Shiftry (Darkness/Grass) - all stage 1s. Not impossible to fit in, but would need a better reason than currently. Bisharp is probably the best fit I suppose, but I think I'd rather single shots of other dark or metal types. A Zoroark & a Jirachi are better options.

Volcanion-EX (Fire/Water) - Valid because its a basic. Unfortunately doesn't really gel with the deck well.

I think the designers are releasing these with a very close eye on making sure Xerneas doesn't become OP all of a sudden, and I expect the last two to be non-basic for this reason. Or at least, basic but just not fitting in at all.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
You forgot M-Charizard... they do 300 freaking damage :D

And wow, I really hope Clawitzer BREAK will be good, I love Clawitzer :p

Mega Rayquaza (Dragon type) also does 300 damage

And, it's childish I know, but the French set name really makes me think of flatulence.

Last edited by a moderator:

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Those BREAKS... I need the Hydriegon. It is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it and I have a very cool TCG history at the Noble Victories prerelease... But I won't bore you, I'll save it for story time. :p Yanmega BREAK and Clawitzer BREAK could be intresring, but please, let Hydriegon be Darkness-Type! :D

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Yanmega and Clawitzer :O!!!

It'd be really cool if Clawitzer or its break are spiritual successors to Crawdaunt ex from Holon Phantoms. If there's any non-Crawdaunt Pokemon that could be printed with Splash Back, it'd be Clawitzer I think. That or Dark Palm (Dusknoir DP) would be a really cool effect in today's format with stuff like Vileplume everywhere