Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

patwag

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting, interesting.

Well the fact it's colorless at least means it can be used in any deck (and is a plus since I like card types that aren't previously released). It's seriously no different than EX's and in fact is still underpowered compared to said EX's.

Guess that means we can expect a Flecthling and Fletchinder (hope it too is colorless) and maybe Talonflame BREAK.

In a way it would be cool to more Pokémon with this ability, particularly those that have BREAKS. Still in the long run I don't know how many I'd really want running around. One Pokémon like this is a curiosity, even a wonder. But too many like this becomes something different altogether.

I don't see how this is worse than an EX, no EX can search your deck for ANY 2 cards and its only 1 colorless! (nice little 40 damage on top is fantastic too) It's fast, allows you to pretty much be 100% set up in many competitive decks and you only loose one prize when it dies.
Personally I will be running either 1 or 4 in all my decks because search power is rare and justifiably so, 1 would work well because it wont burden your deck at all, you have a decent chance of getting it first turn and if you don't you can just compress it or use it for an ultra ball, 4 on the other hand helps with consistency but not as much as I'd like which is why I'm leaning towards 1 copy.

Also there is a Talonflame BREAK promo in japan, maybe we will see it in a box or even in the set. It's fire type, 170 health and for two fire energy it deals 150 damage and discards all its energy, its basically a good Lugia BREAK.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
*shrug* At this point, I kinda just tune out most of the "jokes". They're only occasionally funny, and they're far too frequent. I didn't even notice the Mareep one. Did notice what Flaaffy evolves from, though. ;p

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
Is Ampharos luring that ship into the rocks?

That's the cold, dark stare of a killer.

The purpose of lighthouses is to warn ships of danger - in this case, the rocks - and to stay away. I know it took your firstborn but it's not evil. :p

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
The purpose of lighthouses is to warn ships of danger - in this case, the rocks - and to stay away. I know it took your firstborn but it's not evil. :p
That was only when it was a lamb, Now that it is fully grown, it sacrifices team rocket grunts also.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Just saying stuff's gone stale. I'm not too worried anyway. Rotation is coming up. Then we can just watch everyone play yveltal over and over, til the reprint set comes out. I'm pretty much waiting to see how it plays out. I don't want to see Pokemon become Yu-gi-oh...We're supposed to be better than that. Of course I don't doubt we'll see a new set around January, likely featuring Sun and Moon Pokemon, if the pattern plays out like it did for ORAS. Giving that Pokemon releases a set every three or four months, depending on various things, I can see a reprint set for the end of the year and likely a new Base Set for February.

That is if we survive doomcision 2016.

Of course I'm no psychic, I only observe these patterns as much as I can. Games in November, new set representing them soon after. I'm sorry to say that Steam Siege just seems like the end of the line right before Legendary Treasures Part Two...or whatever they will call it. Hmmm...Maybe Great Legends or OMG NIGHTMARCH IS BACK or BREAKdown....Maybe BREAKup? I GOT IT! BREAK Out!

"In a world where the fight between nature and civilization is calmed, we look back at the beginning when mega Pokemon became and thing and then BREAK Pokemon are a thing and with this new set of reprints plus a couple of new cards, maybe three or four and some kind of Radiant Collection 3 with cards Japan got but you werent so lucky because you arent awesome like Japan. BREAK Out! Featuring those Night March cards and Bats and BREAK cards and EX Pokemon that were okay but we reprinted Yveltal, so you know, just play it oh and maybe Mega Beedrill EX because yeah, bugs!"

Okay, i'm not much on narrating but I did predict who would be left in the presidential race so...Yeah. If i'm not getting my Lopunny EX and M Lopunny EX, I at least am ready to hope that there will be a Litten line that will be decent to use. Maybe an attack like, (R)(C) Your opponent must admit Litten in the best and cutest. If he or she does not, you win.

I know, I know, FARFETCH'D, but give me a CHANSEY, you go insane trying to collect them all. And I mean the cards. Skyridge is such a pain in the butt.

Okay, i'm done now, this is way too crazy, even for me and I wrote it. But I also just don't see many using Ampharos too much either. Nice we're getting Mega hating Pokemon and all, and we'll need it because I feel the BREAKs are all but coming to an end like the Plasma phase. But now the Mega hate is just crazy. Mega Catcher, Ampharos, the stadium that hurts megas, Umbreon EX! Okay, no, down...I said I was done ranting. Back to putting these codes into the online game...Ugh!

DowntownBulbasaurBrown

Aspiring Trainer
It could possibly be a little slow considering it's a stage 2 but no slower than Magnezone or Crobat. 30 damage per turn is one thing but consider having 2 Ampharos on your bench. Shaymin is knocked out after two turns.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
It will most likely be holofoil, since it's holofoil in the Japanese counterpart.
I can't be certain of this since I don't actually open many Japanese boxes, but I can confirm as of now that there are definitely additional cards given the holofoil treatment in the Japanese sets. I used to think holos differed between languages but I don't know now? I really hope you're right because that has to be my favorite TCG art ever.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
Ampharos certainly has a strong ability when isolated, but it's on a Stage 2 with a pricey attack and vanilla prevolutions.

This hasn't got me amped.

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
Unfortunately, a second child is a large hassle, and without a proper way to take it out of the discard pile makes it not competitively viable. However with cards like compressor and crystal edge, sacrificing your child can be accomplished turn 1

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
Unfortunately, a second child is a large hassle, and without a proper way to take it out of the discard pile makes it not competitively viable. However with cards like compressor and crystal edge, sacrificing your child can be accomplished turn 1
Maxie's Hidden ball trick would work

Nyora

A Cat
Ugh, why can't we sacrifice ALL out children. I'm beginning to see why this set has Cruel Traitor as the set name.

Yog

Rogue
Blim & Bloom are two of my faves <3 I will be building a deck around these, even if the evolution sucks.

BibiTotoLover

Eeveelutions, Lapras + Fairy Collector
The artwork looks really nice, and the attacks aren't too horrible for a Basic Pokémon I guess.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
drifloon + mareep the new night march. calling it now. we will get a third 30 hp basic which creates an enormous number of children each turn.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Am I the only one who doesn't want WPM to add in extra attacks? I get that these cards aren't exciting, but not every card can be Volcanion-EX or Gardevoir-EX.