Magiana Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

Mitja

veteran smartass
This looks like some Klingklang/Diancie OC character some fan made. I don't like its design. Lets see where this goes.
btw magiana looks like bronzor had sex with a mega gardevoir

Do you realize that there is a lot, and I mean A LOT, of Pokemon you could say "it's like a fanmade combination of this and that pokemon"?

Attachments

• kangama.png
    kangama.png
    926.5 KB · Views: 21

Craig Collier

Aspiring Trainer
Also, information about it:

Magiana. Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. Type has yet to be revealed. It was made over 500 years ago, by "human hands". Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret.
The new movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Magiana

So Mewtwo wasn't the first man-made pokemon...
no because porygon was made before mewtwo as well wasn't it?

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
No, it wasn't. Porygon was relatively new from Silph in Red and Blue. Mewtwo was made quite a bit in the past, judging from the overgrown and destroyed laboratory in which it was born.

Diamond and Pearl: The world's first artificially created Pokémon. It can travel through electronic space.
FireRed: Using the most advanced technologies, scientists finally succeeded in making the first artificial Pokémon.

Gollet came before Porygon, however:

White: These Pokémon are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization.
BW2: Ancient science fashioned this Pokémon from clay. It's been active for thousands of years.

Magiana clearly isn't the first man-made Pokemon.

Edit: Oh, and of course there's Baltoy and Claydol.

Edit2: "It's a POKéMON REPORT! POKéMON LAB created PORYGON, the first virtual-reality POKéMON."

Last edited:

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Do you realize that there is a lot, and I mean A LOT, of Pokemon you could say "it's like a fanmade combination of this and that pokemon"?

Yeah, you could say that but then I look at your avatar and it kind of proves my point.

SecretBaseTrainerFuzz

Aspiring Trainer
Wish it looked less like Diancie, but I still think it's very cute. I can't picture it being anything other than Steel/Fairy for the typing. Definitely looks like the lower half is designed like a Pokeball, wonder if that's just cosmetic or if it actually serves a purpose.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Suddenly I had the weirdest feeling it's actually a new type or will be related to a new mechanic or item or something.

Kecleon-X

124c41+
Diamond and Pearl: The world's first artificially created Pokémon. It can travel through electronic space.
FireRed: Using the most advanced technologies, scientists finally succeeded in making the first artificial Pokémon.

Gollet came before Porygon, however:

White: These Pokémon are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization.
BW2: Ancient science fashioned this Pokémon from clay. It's been active for thousands of years.

Magiana clearly isn't the first man-made Pokemon.

Edit: Oh, and of course there's Baltoy and Claydol.

Edit2: "It's a POKéMON REPORT! POKéMON LAB created PORYGON, the first virtual-reality POKéMON."

Precisely. Plus, you never know how many more "first man-made Pokemon" they're going to make in the future Pokemon games. But even so, this is making the assumption that Mewtwo was known by the populace. It was called a "monster" if I recall correctly, with the people around Cerulean Cave not knowing the origins of Mewtwo.

alhayse12

Aspiring Trainer
Magiana looks like she perfectly fits inside Volcanion's arm-canons. Her center part of her body (connecting her head to her gown-like part) appears to be around the same diameter as Volcanion's arm-canons. She is perfectly round and though Volcanion makes an oblong shape with its arm-canons, if it were to spread them to either side of Magiana's center piece, they would make more of a circle. The bottom part of Magiana (if she pulls her legs back) looks to fit around the crest of Volcanion's back.

My guess is that Magiana was made to fit into Volcanion and harness its energy for her ultimate purpose. What's her ultimate purpose? I'm guessing it has something to do with her looking like a Pokeball. Maybe it is to stop Zygarde Complete Form from destroying humanity in its attempt to save the world.

(This is my first comment, btw :))

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
The comparison to Diancie is silly. The eyes are similar, but that's about it. It would be more fitting if it was compared to Mega Gardevoir and Vespiquen who all share the same body structure, but going at Diancie is grasping at straws for the sake of making an argument.

Precisely. Plus, you never know how many more "first man-made Pokemon" they're going to make in the future Pokemon games. But even so, this is making the assumption that Mewtwo was known by the populace. It was called a "monster" if I recall correctly, with the people around Cerulean Cave not knowing the origins of Mewtwo.

Condensing most of my response because it's starting to get off topic.

It seems like you're the one making assumptions. I'm simply going off the fact that the Pokedex state Porygon was first and a date is never given on Mewtwo's creation (a month and day certainly, but not a year). Mewtwo, despite being claimed to be unknown to the populace, has its own Pokedex entry like Porygon. That can only mean that Mewtwo was just as known as Porygon, unless of course you want to debate on if Red and other protagonists make up the dex entries ("did Red know grabbing a Ninetales' tail would cause a 1,000 year curse, or did he test this theory himself").

If you want to get into assumptions though, is there enough logic to suggest that Mewtwo had spent years in Cerulean Cave, thus outliving Porygon? Pokemon Mansion is destroyed when we explore it, but it still features working electricity and technology. Add to this the fact there's scientists and burglars (assuming the mansion had been destroyed ages ago, wouldn't they have just looted everything by now), you can imply that the destruction was recent. Outside of the ruble, everything in Pokemon Mansion seems in good condition. As for why nobody knows if Mewtwo is in the cave or not, doesn't that only support the theory that the Pokemon Mansion explosion was recent? People would be talking about a monster living in a cave if it's been there a while, but I don't think anyone would notice if the monster just moves in. You have to let rumors like that spread a little before it becomes talk of the town (see: the myth of the nearby Kyurem eating people in Lacunosa Town).

The only evidence that I can find outside of the Pokedex is that Bulbapedia states in the History of the Pokemon World page that Porygon was created around ten years before the events of RBY, while Mewtwo was created around the time before. Bulbapedia does a piss poor job at citing their sources, so I'm having trouble finding out where they got this 10 years from.

arulz

THE SEEKER
Not 100% convinced it's made to look like diancie. I can definitely see the similarities, but I think the differences are big enough to justify it being totally different.

The obvious resemblance to a poke ball is one, which diancie definitely doesn't share. It kinda looks like a rabbit robot in a dress, where diancie just looks like a rock fairy thing. The eyes aren't the same shape, nor are the ears....they have similarly placed body detailing, but some of the biggest standouts of diancie, the big rock on her forehead, isn't present at all on Megiana.

Overall, I wouldn't be too surprised either way, but I definitely would be cautious about assuming they're based off of the same thing.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Looks too much like Diancie to be marketable.

You say that like it's a flaw.

It's a common body type, as well; bellossom, lilligant, mega gardevoir, diancie; if you want to make a pokemon that seems to have a floor-length dress it is a good place to start; just, change some proportions, if you want to.
At this point, with more than 700 pokemon, I would be surprised if new pokemon didn't start to revise the same formal archetypes, if nothing else.

Kecleon-X

124c41+
The comparison to Diancie is silly. The eyes are similar, but that's about it. It would be more fitting if it was compared to Mega Gardevoir and Vespiquen who all share the same body structure, but going at Diancie is grasping at straws for the sake of making an argument.

Condensing most of my response because it's starting to get off topic.

It seems like you're the one making assumptions. I'm simply going off the fact that the Pokedex state Porygon was first and a date is never given on Mewtwo's creation (a month and day certainly, but not a year). Mewtwo, despite being claimed to be unknown to the populace, has its own Pokedex entry like Porygon. That can only mean that Mewtwo was just as known as Porygon, unless of course you want to debate on if Red and other protagonists make up the dex entries ("did Red know grabbing a Ninetales' tail would cause a 1,000 year curse, or did he test this theory himself").

If you want to get into assumptions though, is there enough logic to suggest that Mewtwo had spent years in Cerulean Cave, thus outliving Porygon? Pokemon Mansion is destroyed when we explore it, but it still features working electricity and technology. Add to this the fact there's scientists and burglars (assuming the mansion had been destroyed ages ago, wouldn't they have just looted everything by now), you can imply that the destruction was recent. Outside of the ruble, everything in Pokemon Mansion seems in good condition. As for why nobody knows if Mewtwo is in the cave or not, doesn't that only support the theory that the Pokemon Mansion explosion was recent? People would be talking about a monster living in a cave if it's been there a while, but I don't think anyone would notice if the monster just moves in. You have to let rumors like that spread a little before it becomes talk of the town (see: the myth of the nearby Kyurem eating people in Lacunosa Town).

The only evidence that I can find outside of the Pokedex is that Bulbapedia states in the History of the Pokemon World page that Porygon was created around ten years before the events of RBY, while Mewtwo was created around the time before. Bulbapedia does a piss poor job at citing their sources, so I'm having trouble finding out where they got this 10 years from.

You have to admit, the shape is a little similar, with the large, erm, "thighs" and thin upper torso. But yeah, I do agree that the comparison is a little graspy. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a correlation between the two, however.

Agreed. This is getting quite a bit off topic.

No, I'm just going off memory. As to your PokeDex notion, I have little to rebuff. However, I must note that, in Pokemon Origins, something very closely based off the games, Blue's Pokedex had no data of Mewtwo, but I would say that this is nothing much to base an argument on. Though, Deoxys is hardly known at all, so it is a little ludicrous to think that the Pokedex has data off it, as well. Same with other legendaries. Also, if Magcargo was truly as hot as the sun, Earth's atmosphere would literally burn away from the planet, so I would guess that there is an element of "guesstimation". Though, I must say that no one ever refers to Mewtwo by name aside from its creator -- they only refer to it as a "horribly strong Pokemon" or "monster". It's pretty clear that no one knows about Mewtwo aside from the obvious creators.

To the point that the Pokemon Mansion was sacked recently, I must refute this claim. First and foremostly, electrical wiring doesn't degrade in a month of disuse, as plenty of things can still fire up after years of disuse and, of course, a new battery. But seeing as it would be on the Kanto electrical grid, I would doubt that it would need such things. Scavengers are also things, and I would doubt that as soon as the place was ransacked the entirety of the populace came to loot it. Finally, I wish to bring your attention to the journals. The remark about how Mewtwo was born on February 6th, and how it escaped on September the 1st. If we go by when the game was released and use that as the average point in time of when people played it, thus giving us a point in time we can wager that Red and Blue take place, we come to the Japanese release of February 27th. Therefore, Mewtwo would have to be over a year old, and would have had to have escaped at least five months prior to Red's journey. Even if you refute this claim, you cannot deny that Mewtwo is still at least eight months old in Red and Blue.

Plus, we have the case of Mr. Fuji -- a kind, old, man. I would doubt that he decided to be a kind, old hermit after brazenly playing God with Mewtwo merely five months beforehand. But that rides on the assumption that Mr. Fuji is the same as the "-ji" who messed with Mew. This could be someone else entirely, but it's widely assumed that he is one in the same. Even so, it isn't like Fuji just came to Lavender Town, set up shop and gained the love and respect of the locals in just a few months. Stuff like that takes time. Especially aging.

To your ten year claim (even if Bulbapedia is once again proven wrong), again, I would doubt that there would still be any hype left to put up posters. But perhaps that is just another reason why Team Rocket should move their switch to get into their secret base. :p Even so, the fact that Fuji is old and wise is no doubt evident of his past -- something that would take years to sink in. I would wager that it has been quite some time since Mewtwo was created.

I'd doubt that there would still be publicity blurbs about it after at least eight months. Porygon is the first known man-made Pokemon. "Known", being the keyword. You yourself mentioned Golett and Golurk being ancient, man-made Pokemon, and no one can really be sure about Sigilyph, either. Ditto (ha!) with Magiana. I think it's fairly evident that Porygon isn't the first man-made Pokemon.

*Pants*

Eh, Magiana's pretty cool. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a Steel/Psychic type. I get a very "Psychic" feel from this thing.

Craig Collier

Aspiring Trainer
No, it wasn't. Porygon was relatively new from Silph in Red and Blue. Mewtwo was made quite a bit in the past, judging from the overgrown and destroyed laboratory in which it was born.
isnt that assuming that silph co recently made porygon?

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I think I've found the long lost daughter of Bigweld.

At least this is an original comparison on my behalf.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Yeah, you could say that but then I look at your avatar and it kind of proves my point.

So, my avatar proves that any Pokemon can be described with a sentence involving fusion of two other Pokemon? Wait, that makes no sense. (Also no idea what you thought my avatar is supposed to be, but it's Roosteel, my fake Skarmory pre-evolution, if that changes anything.)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
So, my avatar proves that any Pokemon can be described with a sentence involving fusion of two other Pokemon? Wait, that makes no sense. (Also no idea what you thought my avatar is supposed to be, but it's Roosteel, my fake Skarmory pre-evolution, if that changes anything.)
I knew it had something to do with Skarmory.

RiverFog

Aspiring Trainer
I am still not convinced that what you see is what you get. I don't think that metal suit is the actual Pokemon, but that there's something else inside. Perhaps a baby Volcanion? It is the steam Pokemon and the robot could be steam-powered. Actually this might open up into a new realm of popular steampunk pokemon.