TCG Fakes Werty's TCG Fake Set - XY IceBREAK

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
I decided to create a "Counter-Synergy". It's one Pokémon counters/nerfs another.

555.gif

Darmanitan HP: 120 [R]
Stage 1: (Evoles from Darumaka)

Ability: Flare Spread
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [R] Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon. This ability cannot be used if Darmanitan is affected by a Special Condition.

[R][C] Flame Burst 80

This attack does 30 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Ice (-20)
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

454.gif

Toxicroak HP: 90 [P]
Stage 1: (Evolves from Croagunk)

Ability: Poisonous Revenge
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), Flip a coin. If Heads, choose 1 of your Opponent's Pokémon. That Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[P][C][C] Venoshock 70+

If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: Fairy (-20)
Retreat Cost: [C]

In order to nerf Darmanitan, Toxicroak was created. It can poison Darmanitan and shut down its ability. Also Gengar from BREAKThrough is getting alot of support xD

P.S. I decided to give Poison-Types a resistance to Fairy to set them out from Psychic/Ghost-types and I fixed the Fire-types by giving them a resistance to Ice.

Last edited:

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, that Moltres looks like great fun. Don't know if damage + mill might be a bit OP - imagine that with Magma Camerupt haha.

EDIT: Just noticed the wording - it's discarded from Moltres only. Nevermind. Still fun!

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, that Moltres looks like great fun. Don't know if damage + mill might be a bit OP - imagine that with Magma Camerupt haha.

EDIT: Just noticed the wording - it's discarded from Moltres only. Nevermind. Still fun!

You can still play it the first way by Using Magma's Camerupt, then transferring it over to Moltres with Darmanitan. :)

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
Just a some basics :p

A positive Cubone card (It's attack is based off of Miltank from FlashFire) :)

104.gif

Cubone HP: 70 [T]
Basic

Ability: Battle Armor
Any damage done to the Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)

[T] Nurturing Parents 10+
If you have any Stage 2 Pokémon on your Bench, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: Electric (-20)

453.gif

Croagunk HP: 70 [P]
Basic

[P][C] Poison Jab 20
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: Fairy (-20)

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You may like to rewrite the Battle Armor Ability by referring to the Assault Vest effect. ;)

Also, you may want to watch your power. Each card is creeping in significant power - a Basic Cubone shouldn't ever be able to easily do 100 damage for a single energy, or even ever do 40 damage for a single energy. Croagunk's attack base power honestly should be 20, too.

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
There is going to be a card later that will go great with all of these Fire-types....

631.gif

Heatmor HP: 100 [R]
Basic

Ability: White Smoke
If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage

[R] Natural Predator 10+
If the Defending Pokémon is Durant, this attack does 70 more damage.

[R][R][C] Charcoal Burn 90
Move a [R] Energy from Pokémon to one of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Ice (-20)

You may like to rewrite the Battle Armor Ability by referring to the Assault Vest effect. ;)

Also, you may want to watch your power. Each card is creeping in significant power - a Basic Cubone shouldn't ever be able to easily do 100 damage for a single energy, or even ever do 40 damage for a single energy. Croagunk's attack base power honestly should be 20, too.

Fixed!

Last edited:

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
Of course! This would be a really fun deck...

Now, the only thing it needs is a way to speed up the process Magma's Camerupt does.

631.gif

Heatmor HP: 150 [R]
BREAK: (Evolves from Heatmor)
Heatmor BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[R][R][R] Revitalizing Inferno 80+
Move 4 Energy cards from your Discard Pile to any of your Benched Pokémon in any way you like. If any of them are Special Energies, this attack does 40 more damage. Then, discard the top 4 cards of your deck.

With Heatmor BREAK's attack, it is basically a superior energy retrieval, but at a cost to balance it out :p So basically it's what Fire-Decks dreamed of, and what Team Flare Grunt fears :p :)

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Well, to be honest, there isn't much of a drawback to the attack. Able to attached Special Energies - and do increased damaged because of it - is insane, just to begin with. The attack can also 1-hit KO with the added damage and the card can be easily set up as it is only a Stage 1 (effectively). The draw back of discarding cards probably should be increased to 4, and shouldn't allow the attaching of Energy cards, as that is even more insane!

I do, however, like your thought processes and particularly the flavour! It's all very cool. :3

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
Well, to be honest, there isn't much of a drawback to the attack. Able to attached Special Energies - and do increased damaged because of it - is insane, just to begin with. The attack can also 1-hit KO with the added damage and the card can be easily set up as it is only a Stage 1 (effectively). The draw back of discarding cards probably should be increased to 4, and shouldn't allow the attaching of Energy cards, as that is even more insane!

I do, however, like your thought processes and particularly the flavour! It's all very cool. :3

Fixed! Yea, excuse me, I like to make very broken cards, but I'm glad you like them! :D

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
643.gif

Reshiram HP: 130 [R]
Basic

[C][C] Outrage 20+
This attack does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on Reshiram.

[R][R][R] Lookout Flare 100

Search your deck for 3 Energy cards and put them to your hand. Shuffle your Deck afterwards.

Weakness: Ground (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)

This can work as a decent input energy machine. At first, it would be similar to Heatmor BREAK, but that would be too OP xD. Also I decided to experiment with Reshiram's weakness/resistance to make it match it to the main games as close as I could. :)

Last edited:

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
You don't attach things to your hand, you put them there. :p

Fixed!

Now it's time to start the Water-types!

060.gif

Polliwag HP: 60 [W]
Basic

[C] Call for Family
Search your deck for 1 Basic Pokémon card and place it on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W][C] Spiral Belly 20

Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.

Resistance: Fire (-20)

There is going to be a recurring theme here, like with Fire-types. See if you can guess :) :p

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Fixed!

Now it's time to start the Water-types!

060.gif

Polliwag HP: 130 [W]
Basic

[C] Call for Family
Search your deck for 1 Basic Pokémon card and place it on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W][C] Spiral Belly 20

Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.

There is going to be a recurring theme here, like with Fire-types. See if you can guess :) :p
That's uh...rather a large amount of HP you've got there. If that's the theme, might I ask what you intend to do for Wailord? :p

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
061.gif

Polliwhirl HP: 80 [W]
Stage 1: (Evolves from Poliwag)

[W][C] Hypno Belly Spin 30
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Alseep

[W][C][C] Water Punch 40

I got the idea for Poliwhirl by its own spiral Belly. :p

So....Sleepy.... zzzzz

Last edited:

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
....It's been while since I made some cards xD

445.gif

Garchomp EX HP: 180 [T]
Basic

Ability: Rough Skin
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 4 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

[T] Updraft 40
Flip a Coin. If heads, search your deck for up to 3 [T] Energy cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward

[T][T][C] Dual Chop 90x
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 90 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Ice (x2)
Resistance: Electric (-20)
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

When Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

I've been itching to give Garchomp EX a damaging ability. Also its first attack is named that way because it flies :)

Last edited:

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
....This card is going to make everyone salty

073.gif

Tentacruel EX HP: 170 [W]
Basic

[W] Flashing Lights 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is also now Confused.

[W][W] Hypnotic Laser 60
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is also now Asleep.

Weakness: Electric (x2)
Resistance:

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Shoulda just called it Hypnotoxic Laser! :p

Just so you know, you're still creeping up in power a lot - your second attack should really be 60 maximum to keep in the current power bracket.

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
Shoulda just called it Hypnotoxic Laser! :p

Just so you know, you're still creeping up in power a lot - your second attack should really be 60 maximum to keep in the current power bracket.

Didn't realize that, sorry! :p

There is a Blizzard outside my house right now, so wynaut create some Ice-Types! :D

460-mega.gif

M-Abomasnow EX HP: 240
Mega: (Evolves from Abomasnow EX)

Mega Evolution Rule
When 1 of your Pokémon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokémon, your turn ends

[I ][I ][I ][I ] Ultracold Blizzard 120
Flip a coin. If Heads, this attack does 50 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If Tails, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 4
713.gif

Avalugg EX HP: 180

Ability: Ice Body
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may heal 40 damage if this Card Pokémon has any [I ] Energy attached to it. a

[I ][I ][I ] Frozen Stomp 70
Flip a coin. If Heads, discard an Energy card attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 4

The theme for Ice-Types will be about Spread-Damage (generally), and if you haven't figured it out, Water-Types will be about Status Effects.

I decided to make Avalugg the ultimate wall, because unlike Warlord EX, Avalugg EX has reliable recovery

Last edited: