'Hoopa and the Clash of Ages' to Air on Cartoon Network in December!

bverr

Aspiring Trainer
It already aired here in Canada, I didn't realize it hadn't premiered on CN in the US yet! It might have been on YTV here though, they seem to also be one episode ahead of the US on the anime.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
All I care about, regarding the Hoopa movie is when it'll air here in the UK. All I know is that it'll air at some point in 2016, most likely Q2 (given when the previous movie aired).

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Those legendary pokemon that get pulled through the rings are not as legendary as the ones absent from this movie (excluding other quartet and trios). Ho-Oh (I used to be a big lugia fan more than Ho-Oh) and Mewtwo are the best in my opinion. Ho-Oh more so because of lack of appearances.

TheReasonsImBroke

Brokette
No DVR available for us, so hopefully it goes up on Netflix in the next few months. They've been really good about putting up the latest ones for Instant Stream.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Oh man. I feel you WPM....

The ditoral dept...?! Yeesh...

You know, I always predicted the demise of Pokemon. All good things must come to an end at some point. I would love to be old, retired and still learning the names of new Pokemon and mechanics but I don't think that's realistic (which kinda makes me sad). One theory I had was that the games would become too complex and the series would implode on itself, because it would be significantly harder to come into the game as a brand new player and then get really into it beyond just a superficial level. Another theory, though, I can see being greed: if they keep treating Pokemon as a cash cow rather than nurturing it properly, it's bound to go sour at some point. First they cheap out on the movies and anime, next the cards, games... and before you know it we'll be finished. (Really hope I'm just being an uber pessimist here.)

But you know, that's why I only watch the japanese version. That and the horrible american dubbing...

LAWD don't even get me started on the horrendous dubbing!

Pokémon Spears

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't watched the movie yet, but judging by the Diancie one, I can imagine what to expect. The battle between Yveltal and Xerneas (if we can call it a battle), did it really stop just because of Xerneas looking at it? I just couldn't believe it the first time I watched it.

The first one that really bugged me was Arceus and the Jewel of Life. They made the creator of the universe seem like the weakest, and most foolish creature ever. I don't know why is it so difficult to write a script that follows the story of the videogame, it would make even more sense with the rest of the anime so it wouldn't look like something completely apart, almost like in a parallel world. So at this point I'm already used to the lack of creativity in the stories.

But it's true the quality of the movies themselves has decreased each time. Genesect wasn't that bad, but it was more like a especial episode. Keldeo was entertaining, but the drawing was so bad it was really distracting, and I also feel that Kyurem and its forms, deserved their own movie with Reshiram and Zekrom.

The anime has gotten better since the last seasons of Black & White, I just don't understand why it hasn't reached the movies yet. We all know it'll always be a kids' cartoon or movies, but I thought they had already understood they have a huge amount of fans that are young adults now. And I know they know, because they've showed some signs in different aspects of the franchise, they just don't seem to care about us at all. Imagine a movie with the quality of Pokémon Origins, it would be amazing, and it probably would get the chance to make it to the theaters outside of Japan.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I've stopped watching the anime years ago....so glad I made the right choice.

The anime is actually doing pretty well for itself lately. Id say its shown significant improvement since the Black/White era. The movies are what suck now though.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
It honestly wasn't so bad. Especially compared to the previous films. I think the Hoopa movie shined in comparison to the previous ones. Even with modified background music.

Opinions are opinions, but hey, they're the ones doing the films.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Indeed, I didn't like the Diancie movie that much but I'm enjoying the XY series... Better than BW for sure...

unownzone

In the middle of nothing
Oh man..... Reading this felt like gulping down a can of Sprite!
I had exactly the same thoughts!
Before I stopped watching the anime, I'd always look for the English dub version of new Pokémon movies because that was more natural to me..
Now I guess I should go to the theaters and watch the Korean versions...

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I just watched the Hoopa shorts. Looks like Voltorb was renamed! Check out the 3rd short:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episodes/#
..Electrode, it's now called electrode.... MY BRAIN IT BURNS WITH FIRE!
Now if you'll excuse me I have to commit seppuku to bring back the honor I cost my family when I watched any part of the new season of pokemon....it will still be less painful than watching 2 episodes of the new season so don't worry, it won't be THAT PAINFUL.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Reading the article... I'm disappointed but not surprised in the slightest. It feels like the quality of the movies has been going down a lot. I'm still amused enough by the XY/XYZ show at least, which is a lot better than Best Wishes, but I've kind of lost any desire to watch this one.