'Shiny Mega Gyarados Box' in February!

savarin

Aspiring Trainer
It could possibly have something to do with the plastic where those figurines are made of. In Europe we are a lot stronger with our rules about phthalates that are mostly found in plastic products.
They are weak makers that give plastic a more flexible structure and they could be used in those figures. Some of these phthalates are dangerous and could have some negative hormonal effects and they could be responsible for cancer.
I know that the USA and Asia are less strictly about this, what can result that those figures are perfectly legal to sell in the US and Asian countries but that they are not legal to sell in Europa. But I have to admit that my knowledge isn't that great about this subject and that I could be wrong about this, so feel free to investigate yourself.;)

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
If I recall, the last time Europe got a figure in a TCG product was with the Samurott/Emboar/Serperior tins in 2011, so the strict rules only came into place like a couple of years ago.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
heck yes

also why does america complain about not getting the jumbos anyway? They're useless, a pain in the ass to keep in good condition and aren't as good as figures. I'm glad Australia gets the figure because shiny m gyara is bae

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Some people collect jumbos, or just enjoy having larger version of card artwork. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean others can't enjoy it, too.

Celty

Somebody you used to know
I've been getting the collection boxes mainly for the figures xD
Shiny Mega Gyarados figure looks really cool will look nice next to my Mega Rayquaza figure :3

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
Looks like I'm gonna be rounding up my parents to make a trip to TRU so I can get a couple extra cards lol I'm really surprised they're going to just give them out for FREE. I mean, there's not a whole lot that's free anymore, there's always a catch.

That box looks pretty sweet though! I'm a sucker for figures and that one looks awesome.