New Empoleon BREAK, Pikachu, and Mewtwo Promos!

Jessie Mulay

Aspiring Trainer
That will be the Mewtwo Card for the Mega Mewtwo Collection Box I'm assuming? Similar to the Mega Latios one.

Purrloin

What's with all the Derptwo's lately?

Also Empoleon Break is pretty decent. 180 against a full bench; 270 against a full Sky Field. Plus it'll have its previous Empoleon form's ability that grants Basics a +20 attack boost, which is nice.

The fact this Promo Break is more playable than nearly every other Break is kinda sad though.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
So, this Empoleon is worse than regular Zoroark? Really?

How is it worse? It's basically a water version of M. Rayquaza. If played right, you can simply Archie into Empoleon and Break Evolution it. I could see this being played with things like Siesmitoad EX and P.Kyogre. You could probably even run M. Manectric to an extent too.

Vinub

Aspiring Trainer
How is it worse? It's basically a water version of M. Rayquaza. If played right, you can simply Archie into Empoleon and Break Evolution it. I could see this being played with things like Siesmitoad EX and P.Kyogre. You could probably even run M. Manectric to an extent too.

The only difference between Empoleon and Zoroark is that in Empoleon's damage you include the opponent's active Pokémon (although in the case of Zoroark, the cost of attack are just a DCE and +10 attack), but still it's a stage 4 card.
Rayquaza's attack is based on YOUR Pokemon, not the opponent's.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
The only difference between Empoleon and Zoroark is that in Empoleon's damage you include the opponent's active Pokémon (although in the case of Zoroark, the cost of attack are just a DCE and +10 attack), but still it's a stage 4 card.
Rayquaza's attack is based on YOUR Pokemon, not the opponent's.

You're missing the point though.. With Zoroark, you'll need a Multiple lines of Pokémon to take multiple turns in order to get Zoroark to it's break evolution.
With Empoleon you only need one or two turns to achieve this. It's practically the same idea, the only difference is one uses your opponent's side to deal damage while the other uses your own.

Vinub

Aspiring Trainer
You're missing the point though.. With Zoroark, you'll need a Multiple lines of Pokémon to take multiple turns in order to get Zoroark to it's break evolution.
With Empoleon you only need one or two turns to achieve this. It's practically the same idea, the only difference is one uses your opponent's side to deal damage while the other uses your own.

"Multiple lines"? You only need Zorua and Zoroark. Even with Archie's you still need Empoleon AND Empoleon BREAK. Even Zoroark's Ability is better to, for example, Primal Kyogre than Empoleon from BreakThrough (if you play Standard like me). Sorry, but I don't see any real use for this card.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
What's with all the Derptwo's lately?
Ugh I know! The fact many of them are highlighting it as a physical fighter bugs me too - it really makes me question even more why they gave Mewtwo a Fighting-type Mega Evolution. It was never supposed to be that kind of type unlike something like Ampharos or Charizard that could have originally been Dragons. Mewtwo seems so out of character on these recent cards design-wise and with the push for it to me more martial artist-y. What happened to this evil Psychic monster who would rip out your heart with its mind? I feel like we haven't seen a Mewtwo that looks like Mewtwo in a while.

tumblr_inline_nhom1iVPuj1t1d8nx.gif
?

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Ugh I know! The fact many of them are highlighting it as a physical fighter bugs me too - it really makes me question even more why they gave Mewtwo a Fighting-type Mega Evolution. It was never supposed to be that kind of type unlike something like Ampharos or Charizard that could have originally been Dragons. Mewtwo seems so out of character on these recent cards design-wise and with the push for it to me more martial artist-y. What happened to this evil Psychic monster who would rip out your heart with its mind? I feel like we haven't seen a Mewtwo that looks like Mewtwo in a while.

tumblr_inline_nhom1iVPuj1t1d8nx.gif
?
Who are you? you ask? You are a psychotic killing machine that was genetically altered to kill and obey nothing but an evil master mind's plans....and can be summed up in the below image
funny mewtwo and mew gif.jpg
....that's now drawn like an idiot to be a psychic type fighting pokemon that can't even fight like he does in SSB4 because that would require a half way decent mewtwo card.

bugcatlcherRiley

BugCatcherRiley
Empoleon/ Glalie EX...? 170 with Glalies (with empoleons ability) or 180/240 with empoleon. Probably won't work, but I'm going to try!!

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
I'm sure these will be the promo cards for English sets,and Mewtwo? The Mewtwo from the M- Mewtwo- EX box had been revealed!