Spin-Off Pokken Tournament Releasing for Wii U Worldwide in Spring 2016!

Pikachu Libre is really cute but Hawlucha could have been a much better luchador representative...

Needs [insert favorite Pokémon]. ;)

This is my big concern; otherwise it looks awesome! XD The game fans have been waiting on since G1. No really, I know when Pokémon was new, if a tournament style fighting game (which to gaming then what FPS are to gaming now) for Pokémon didn't instantly occur to us, it did as soon as they aired that episode of the animation that had some sort of fighting tournament.

So... about 600 Pokémon later and there is a legitimate concern that a lot of us won't get to see our favorites in action. S'why I realize in hindsight the game may have been better off adding much fewer Pokémon per region and instead fleshing out what was already there. Of course, this is a game that begs for years worth of DLC, so this ultimately could be a non-problem if we get new characters frequently. :)

I hope they will put every Pokémon in it as playable characters, so if you can wifi battle with others you can play like a gym... but then as the Pokémon! :eek: I always dreamed about a game like that, like DBZ a free place to fight with all Pokémon. Maybe one day. :D

Nintendo are capitalists, so they will abuse the DLC angle like they have with Pokemon. As long as I can buy all of it bundled I am fine. As long as we get some kind of dragon I will be perfectly fine. Holding out for Garchomp which I think is the most likely, and legitimate 4th gen representative.

This is pretty cool news. It's always nice seeing JP arcade-only games being ported to consoles, especially worldwide.

I don't have a WiiU though, and I'm still waiting for a system-seller. Or I'll just wait for the NX, whatever that ends up being. But still, happy for WiiU owners. You guys needed more games to play. :p

Meh, we already assumed this was happening for over a year. Not terribly exciting news.

And looking at this trailer, I'm not really liking the Pokemon models, they look way to realistic and furry and it gets very close to Uncanny Valley.

Meh, we already assumed this was happening for over a year. Not terribly exciting news.

And looking at this trailer, I'm not really liking the Pokemon models, they look way to realistic and furry and it gets very close to Uncanny Valley.

As an artist, I really like them. They feel more lifelike but I think the Pokemon Company had them make the models the same way they do them. I would much rather the models have eyeholes and eyeballs rather the texture eyes they always use.

Back