Spin-Off Pokken Tournament Releasing for Wii U Worldwide in Spring 2016!

Love when Lucario does the Kamehame...

Now, more seriously, I don't care much about this... I guess Z will be left for next year's fall...

Love when Lucario does the Kamehame...

Now, more seriously, I don't care much about this... I guess Z will be left for next year's fall...

I doubt this means anything for the next main game aside from it maybe not releasing in February (there's already SMD in Europe and now this, Winter/Spring 2016 is looking a bit packed now), with the amount of marketing and promotions they're doing over the fall it wouldn't make much sense to then make us wait another 9 months for the game. March, April, or May seems more likely at this point.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why Pikachu Libre is in this game is because Pikachu is Harada's favorite Pokemon and he really likes the Libre costume. I honestly don't care as long as it plays differently and that there are more characters at launch.

Spring 2016 is a lot sooner than what I was expecting, I was thinking Fall/Winter 2016, so that was surprising. Nonetheless, I'm super stock for this game.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why Pikachu Libre is in this game is because Pikachu is Harada's favorite Pokemon and he really likes the Libre costume. I honestly don't care as long as it plays differently and that there are more characters at launch.

Spring 2016 is a lot sooner than what I was expecting, I was thinking Fall/Winter 2016, so that was surprising. Nonetheless, I'm super stock for this game.

The problem I'm having is the game is going to have about 28 characters. Harada said the game is going to have around the same character size as Tekken 7, which is around 28 or so characters since I last checked. With that known and now 10 Pokemon confirmed in Pokken Tournament, there are a possible 18 more Pokemon that could be in the game, 2 spots of which went to Pikachu, meaning that is one less Pokemon (19 possible) that could be in the game. Since this Pikachu is female (can tell by the tail and it being cosplay Pikachu, which is female in-game) AND has a different Burst Mode attack, we can say this Pikachu takes another slot on the roster that could go to another Pokemon. Keep in mind that more development time went to making another Pikachu rather another Pokemon, which is a slap in the face to people who wanted Hawlucha. I want Pidgeot and other bird Pokemon to be in the game, yet out of the 10 characters confirmed, not one of the body type appeared. Suicune seems like a gimmick. It seems like they ONLY put suicune to say "Yeah, we can do Pokemon like this, here's one" then they fill the roster with human-shaped/fighting Pokemon.

I think the main issue is out of 700+ Pokemon, they put in a second Pikachu. Screw who has what favorites. This is like if I made this game, I put in Pidgeot, then put in a Pidgeot wearing a Charizard suit to make it seems like Charizard is in the game and then another Pidgeot in a Lucario and tell people to be happy. You'll see where the problem is right? Also keep in mind that ANOTHER Pikachu could be in the game now...

CHOFsOAWsAAinNY.jpg

I'm optimistic about this, not going to distract me from Smash but it'll be a nice game to play in between sessions.

Back