'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

This is probably the first Pokemon to have the entirety of its body displayed outside of the card window.

Useless or not, still excited to see an EX without the same ol' Pokemon!

150 damage (if you have equal hands) isn't too bad though. It has some synergy with Battle Reporter, at least.

I think this pretty much confirms M-Glalie-EX too. :p

hmm... the only Fire-type Megas we're missing are precisely Mega Camerupt (which I don't think will be in this set) and Houndoom, which is a fair option though I always imagined Mega Houndoom being printed as a Dark-type.

Also, Eske Yoshinob needs to be fired.

Yeah this is probably a lock in for M. Glalie EX. Again they could pull a Camerupt EX/Sharpedo EX thing back in Primal Clash with them being brought in without the mega.

It's true that the only fire mega were missing is Camerupt (we shouldn't be missing this) and Houndoom. To be fair I agree it would most likely be a fire type, but that doesn't mean anything. Unless they want to give us a M. Charizard X as a fire type or they want to give us another M. Blaziken outside of the promo one.

I was just about to go to sleep so I decided to check Pokebeach before going to sleep and what do you know? "XY8 Glalie-EX!" I guess you could call is a Glail-EX;). I'll stop now.

Glalie EX doesn't actually seem that bad, considering Judge is being reprinted. Also, a coin flip for paralysis is better than nothing. At least it isn't for sleep,like a lot of these "ice" moves are.

This card is very good. Right now we have Hugh for expanded and Judge being reprinted. We also have VS Seeker meaning you can see 8 Judge from the player. Its attack cost is also manageable.

On a second note... WHERE'S MY M/PIDGEOT EX TPC!!!

hmm... the only Fire-type Megas we're missing are precisely Mega Camerupt (which I don't think will be in this set) and Houndoom, which is a fair option though I always imagined Mega Houndoom being printed as a Dark-type.

Also, Eske Yoshinob needs to be fired.
Don't get why they printed Camerupt-EX in PC without its Mega. They could put virtually any other EX in there. Now, in order to get its Mega, it has to be either promotional (though promotionals usually come with the regular) or another Camerupt-EX.
He sure needs to be fired. That card is basically Glalie and a lot of blue. Nothing else.

This should have been gyarados. When will they finally start listening to their fans darnet!! So many other awesome pokemon that haven't gotten an ex and they go ahead and waste an ex space with such a boring pokemon.

Seriously, just look at it....it's so plain and boring looking. Can you imagine how bad this full art is going to look?? Gyarados would have made Ana awesome looking full art. I hope they don't give it a mega and instead give gyarados his mega finally lol
Could have been milotic , gyarados, lapras ,empoleon , Dewgong ( lol) SUICUNE!!!!!!! Etc etc but nooooooo , we get frigin glalie lol

I have nothing against Eske Yoshinob, but that artwork is horrifying. If I pulled that card I would scream, and not because of happiness. I think it just looks wrong.

Well, guys, Glalie is basically a ball with no arms, no legs, and even its mouth is locked... It's not that easy to draw it in interesting positions...
But still, the entire card is just blue. If the Pokémon is that uninteresting, then add some features to make it interesting. Having no background doesn't bode well. Even if they added those effects they used to do with other EX cards - like flying boulders and leaves - would have been made the card better in this case.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say

This card can look good, we haven't seen it in all it's foiling glory. Some ex cards I didn't like the look of till I saw it in foil/saw it in person, then my opinion completely changed about the card.

I don't understand why y'all dislike the art. I think it looks good.

Dunno about the card's usefulness though. Maybe he's good as a guy to weaken your opponent or clean up attacker the same way Manectric/Mega Manectric is. Even with Muscle Band, 170 is that much now because we have Megas.

He could be paired with Mega Manectric to preserve the wolf since he's weak to Fighting. But dunno about any Fighting type Pokemon coming up that are weak to Water. But say good-bye Landorus in Expanded!

Last edited:
I actually like this Glalie EX, with judge and silverbangle in expanded can be pretty decent.
The art has a lot of blue, but the rainbows on it look nice xD

I don't know why, but i think that M Houndoom will be in this set.
If so, please have a beautifull artwork xD

Back