TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

Reggie McGigas

-
Um, if we're being honest, that card is pretty, well, unplayable. Landorus-EX does 150 damage for the same energy cost, and 30 + 30 to the bench seems better than 30 and then draw 2 and gdo 50 to yourself, which means essentially 2 free prizes. I like the idea, trying to bring back set-up attacks, but this card seems kind of Lackluster. Sorry if I came across as rude, i love your cards, it's just that in terms of playability it seems dull.

A good 40% of EX's are unplayable. Not all EX's have to be format breaking.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
A good 40% of EX's are unplayable. Not all EX's have to be format breaking.
The only ones people remember are the format breaking ones, unfortunately. I'm all for lowering EX power level, but this seems a bit drastic if you ask me.

Oh cool, you're taking requests. I bet you don't even need to open this spoiler to figure it out, but what the heck.
<3 Pichu <3

Reggie McGigas

-
The only ones people remember are the format breaking ones, unfortunately. I'm all for lowering EX power level, but this seems a bit drastic if you ask me.

Oh cool, you're taking requests. I bet you don't even need to open this spoiler to figure it out, but what the heck.
<3 Pichu <3

Pichu EX?

hooooly jesus (in joel from vinesauce's voice). Well After the Hitmonlee EX card and Jab's render I'll get it on. It'll be interesting for sure.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I really like the pose on the full art Moltres. Did you create the pose or is it from official art? Have you considered doing any full art trainers? Or Suicune?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Um, if we're being honest, that card is pretty, well, unplayable. Landorus-EX does 150 damage for the same energy cost, and 30 + 30 to the bench seems better than 30 and then draw 2 and gdo 50 to yourself, which means essentially 2 free prizes. I like the idea, trying to bring back set-up attacks, but this card seems kind of Lackluster. Sorry if I came across as rude, i love your cards, it's just that in terms of playability it seems dull.
I think that instead of extra power the thing Reggie needs is extra effects. Bland effects makes the card more bland itself imo. Try to think of something a bit more interesting :p

Reggie McGigas

-
I really like the pose on the full art Moltres. Did you create the pose or is it from official art? Have you considered doing any full art trainers? Or Suicune?

@aschefield101 did the art. I'll do a full art trainer just to shake up things. And maybe I'll do suicune later but no promises.

Here's my priorities right now.

- Hitmonlee EX
- Hitmontop EX
- Hitmonchan EX (revised)
- Zekrom render
- Pichu EX (dear lord)
- Full Art Supporter

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Just wanted to point out, for Regigigas EX, it should be 20+ not 20X for the attack damage.

Should also be worded: This attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

Last edited:

Reggie McGigas

-
8884699_orig.png
7267435_orig.png

7779969_orig.png
1175231_orig.png

7354435_orig.png
270652_orig.png

TheStrictNein

I don't think you can do New Fighting Method by the meta rules, unless you also stipulate that he is confused at the same time.

Putting the card upside down is only ever to convey confusion status.

But other than that, I'm loving the design, both in art and text.

80 for two on a fighting type is actually pretty amazing in this meta

Reggie McGigas

-
I don't think you can do New Fighting Method by the meta rules, unless you also stipulate that he is confused at the same time.

Putting the card upside down is only ever to convey confusion status.

But other than that, I'm loving the design, both in art and text.

80 for two on a fighting type is actually pretty amazing in this meta

I thought that confused made the card sideways, my bad. But I don't know if I'll change it. It's a pretty gimmicky effect but it works perfectly with Hitmontop.

TheStrictNein

I thought that confused made the card sideways, my bad. But I don't know if I'll change it. It's a pretty gimmicky effect but it works perfectly with Hitmontop.

Oh no, it's a great idea, don't get me wrong.

But yet, it's Paralyzed Right, Sleep Left, and Confused upside down

JoshB

The math didn't work out
The cards are looking great!

I love the art, plus the text is pretty cool. Other than Hitmontop's ability, which does not make sense really, but to change the topic. Some of those moves are really cool like Spinning Kick and Rapid Punches. The funny thing is Spinning Kick is actually a really good move in the Meta, because you can discard both special and basic energy off your opponents Pokemon. The one thing that threw me off though was the full-art Hitmontop's third leg, the regular version looks fine but the full-art is kinda weird. I had to look back and forth to recognize him, and the third leg. :p

Other than that, all you cards look stunning! Can't wait to see more, keep up the great work.

Last edited:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Wait, is that Ken sugimori's artwork turned upside down so when you use new fighting method the artwork is upside down like hitmontop should be?

Niiiiiice.

woohoo962

Aspiring Trainer
Nice cards!
Also, a bit of originality would be nice instead of stealing from my Lords of Time set(all u did was change Poisonneedle's name and give him less HP.)
No really tho, cool cards. I especially like the Terrakion and Articuno cards.

Reggie McGigas

-
Nice cards!
Also, a bit of originality would be nice instead of stealing from my Lords of Time set(all u did was change Poisonneedle's name and give him less HP.)
No really tho, cool cards. I especially like the Terrakion and Articuno cards.

You do realize that you allowed me to make an image based version of the Lords of Time Beedrill EX, right? It's not stealing if you allowed me to do it! Kind of silly for you to go back on your word after I already made the card, don't you think?

Reggie McGigas

-
Next will be Ninja Boy and Ninja Boy FA. Also, gold lines decided to not cooperate with me today so no gold lines again.

280864_orig.png
8904054_orig.png

I am loving Ninjask EX though, The Regular Art is one of my top 5 best looking cards IMO.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
Woohoo, better Jirachi-EX! I agree with you that the RA one is really cool. My only complaint is the cards are a little dark.